PDA

View Full Version : Another young footballer dead :(

liquid
28-08-2007, 04:26 PM
source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6964586.stm

"Spain international Antonio Puerta has died after suffering a heart attack in his club side Sevilla's 4-1 win against Getafe on Saturday. Defender Puerta, 22, collapsed in the first-half and medics prevented him from swallowing his tongue. But he collapsed again after going off and was given cardiac resuscitation before being taken to hospital. He was placed in intensive care and doctors said on Tuesday his condition had deteriorated before his death.

Puerta collapsed after jogging back towards his own goal 35 minutes into the opening league game of the season at the Sanchez Pizjuan on Saturday. Team mates and medical staff rushed to his side and were seen preventing him from swallowing his tongue as he lost consciousness. He was able to walk from the pitch but doctors said that he collapsed again in the changing rooms and had to be given cardiac resuscitation before being taken to the Virgen del Rocio hospital.

Sevilla were due to play AEK Athens in the second leg of a third round Champions League qualifier on Tuesday but the match has been postponed until Monday 3 September. As a consequence, the league match against Osasuna that was scheduled for next Monday has been postponed. There will also be a minute's silence in tribute of Puerta before every La Liga match next weekend."
the sad news follows the death of 18 year old QPR striker Ray Jones in a car crash in the early hours of Saturday. RIP.

piddle2k6
28-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh dear not good :(

Tbh its really really sad but i guess its a fact of life..

Everyone has to pay taxes
And everyone dies :(

RIP

Jamie!
28-08-2007, 04:33 PM
**** me.. I was just that minute watching the video of it all on Youtube, when it came up on SSN that he had died :(.

RIP.

Jamie!
28-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Here's the video on Youtube by the way.. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CFc25Hym6q8&NR=1

Immenseman
28-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Bloody hell, real shame.

Brody
28-08-2007, 08:24 PM
such a shame Rip

PARIS HILTON5
28-08-2007, 10:01 PM
yeah i read about this, it's a shame. he was going to be a dad for the first time in 6 weeks, which makes it even more tragic :(

Simmzay
29-08-2007, 11:12 AM
That's TERRIBLE, awful to hear.

R.I.P

Brody
29-08-2007, 11:16 AM
yeah i read about this, it's a shame. he was going to be a dad for the first time in 6 weeks, which makes it even more tragic :(
That makes it even sadder :(

Jordie
29-08-2007, 11:19 AM
he fainted twice and hearing that he had a child on the way makes its even worse.. rip:(

mangle
29-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Good God :|
RIP

A player collapsed at Forest's match last night , it had to be abonded.

:Hazel
29-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Jesus, as I said for Ray Jones, RIP young man.

Jamie!
29-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Good God :|
RIP

A player collapsed at Forest's match last night , it had to be abonded.

Aye, he suffered 2 heart attacks apparently.. he seems as if he is going to make a full recovery though, 'cause he is sitting up in his hospital bed talking etc according to the Leicester site.

Mr.Sam
29-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Rest in Peace - such a young age :(

Azul
29-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I was watching the game on TV as well and saw Antonio collapse, but when he got back up again and walked of the pitch it is hard to believe that it was going to end like this. What can you say? A deep tragedy especially for someone so young who had his whole life ahead of him.

mangle
29-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Aye, he suffered 2 heart attacks apparently.. he seems as if he is going to make a full recovery though, 'cause he is sitting up in his hospital bed talking etc according to the Leicester site.
Hes in the hospital where I was born :)
They say he is okay now though , at least that one wasn't fatal aswell.

danny-dyer
29-08-2007, 03:28 PM
rip :(

Burns
29-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Hes in the hospital where I was born :)
They say he is okay now though , at least that one wasn't fatal aswell.

*Text Removed* atleast say something wif respect.

RIP so young man.

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not use inappropriate language or avoid the forum filter.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!