PDA

View Full Version : Jet ski

LeftForDead
29-08-2007, 04:43 PM
ohhhhh im getting a jet ski me(H)
Dunno which yet does anyone know any good ones?

adidas™
29-08-2007, 09:32 PM
ohhhhh im getting a jet ski me(H)
Dunno which yet does anyone know any good ones?

you and your boats... lol
no sorry i couldnt tell one from another, id imagine there a few thousand tho?

LeftForDead
29-08-2007, 09:56 PM
haha:P
aye i know there about that, im already saving up though.
Ive just gotta buy a new SA80 Classic and a new SLR camera then im saving:)

:Hazel
29-08-2007, 09:59 PM
i take it you live near a beach then? lol, wrong time of year aint it? should of got one in time for summer :P

LeftForDead
30-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Ye i do, but they can also go on rivers just really slow due to the speed limits:\
And thats true but untrue because around august thats when we start to get our bigger waves here and more of them. but i doubt i will have it all by then thats why im going to out pizza shop asking if they need any more staff so i will have 3 jobs:|

IPhone
30-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Do you want a proper jet ski like the ones where you stand up or the ones where you sit down? There great fun and i wish you luck in gathering the money to purchase one.

adidas™
30-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Do you want a proper jet ski like the ones where you stand up or the ones where you sit down? There great fun and i wish you luck in gathering the money to purchase one.

no he wants a toy one.

..u can sit down on all jet ski's ?:S

Neversoft
30-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Cool, have fun. :P Don't crash and die. :)

Technologic
30-08-2007, 03:29 PM
no he wants a toy one.

..u can sit down on all jet ski's ?:S

Those are jet bikes where you sit down.

Jet Skis you stand up on them :D

I love jetskiing, i've had a few lessons lol xo

piddle2k6
30-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh nice... my mate has one and he goes out most weekends as we only live baout 5-10 mins from the beach. I think he paid 1500 for it but i couldnt give u any other details than its white :P

Metric.
02-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Seadooo

Hayd93
03-09-2007, 08:14 AM
remember after goin in the sea wash the engines out whith normal tabwater or the rubber seals will break and so will the jetski then u have to pay a fortune to get it fixed.My das mate does loads whith motor bikes and stuff but at the moment he is makin a ton out of jetskis just becaue they cba to wash it out

Adam!
05-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I have a SeaDoo GTX 4 and it's Supercharged :)

Cost about £11,000 and does 80mph easy without struggling.

Just gotta take good care of them, then you will have no problems, they have to be washed with normal water every week or so.

Oh yeah, don't just think you can jump on a jetski and go full throttle either ;)

LeftForDead
05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I have a SeaDoo GTX 4 and it's Supercharged :)

Cost about £11,000 and does 80mph easy without struggling.

Just gotta take good care of them, then you will have no problems, they have to be washed with normal water every week or so.

Oh yeah, don't just think you can jump on a jetski and go full throttle either ;)
Haha, what sorta one would you say is a good begginer?
About 1-2 thousand?
Plus how would i clean it out?:S
Oh and i know what courses do i need to do?

Adam!
05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Haha, what sorta one would you say is a good begginer?
About 1-2 thousand?
Plus how would i clean it out?:S
Oh and i know what courses do i need to do?
If your buying a second hand jetski you really really need to be careful, usually people sell them because they're more trouble than they are worth.

My advise is go to a jetski shop and buy a used one from there, with a minimum 2 year guarentee - That way if it goes wrong, your covered by the shop (providing it's not your fault :P)

I didn't do any courses at all, just taught myself, just start off steady, make sure your wearing a boyance aid and the engine cut off wire thingie because I used to come off my jetski all the time and I still do.

Cleaning it out is easy, the shop will proberbly show you how for your specific model as they vary from make to make :)

For a decent second hand jetski your looking at about £4000, you just need to shop around :)

Boyancy aids are about £40 for a good enough and comfortable one and you can get wet suits for about the same.

LeftForDead
05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
If your buying a second hand jetski you really really need to be careful, usually people sell them because they're more trouble than they are worth.

My advise is go to a jetski shop and buy a used one from there, with a minimum 2 year guarentee - That way if it goes wrong, your covered by the shop (providing it's not your fault :P)

I didn't do any courses at all, just taught myself, just start off steady, make sure your wearing a boyance aid and the engine cut off wire thingie because I used to come off my jetski all the time and I still do.

Cleaning it out is easy, the shop will proberbly show you how for your specific model as they vary from make to make :)

For a decent second hand jetski your looking at about £4000, you just need to shop around :)

Boyancy aids are about £40 for a good enough and comfortable one and you can get wet suits for about the same.
Thats awesome thanks:)
Ill have a look at some of the shops near me and see what i think there:)
Also what about a helmet? because i was going to wear that with too just to be safe, i always wear my PFD on my ribs just not a helmet because there isnt a big chance of coming off:\ so i was wondering if i should the same on a jet ski?

Adam!
05-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Thats awesome thanks:)
Ill have a look at some of the shops near me and see what i think there:)
Also what about a helmet? because i was going to wear that with too just to be safe, i always wear my PFD on my ribs just not a helmet because there isnt a big chance of coming off:\ so i was wondering if i should the same on a jet ski?
Mmmm, I've never worn a helmet, I've landed on my head a few times at like 80mph and it didn't really hurt that much - I guess it's up to you, some people do.

Boyancy aid is the main thing, i'd be dead now if it wasn't for one <3

I mean you just need common sence really, if you go crazy on a motorbike you can kill yourself, if you go crazy on a jetski you can kill yourself.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!