PDA

View Full Version : Safe Standing

Jamie!
29-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Just been clearing all me e-mails and came across this..

All

Some VERY good news. Wycombe Wanderers FC has agreed to host a Fans
United Safe Standing Day at its home match on Sunday 9 September 2007
kick-off 1.30pm. This game is live on Sky.

WE NEED HUNDREDS OF FANS FROM OTHER CLUBS DESCENDING ON WYCOMBE THAT DAY
DRESSED IN CLUB COLOURS!

This is IMPORTANT. Drop everything, get on to all your football mates,
club websites/message-boards and spread the word NOW!

Let us know about your attendance and how many you'll be bringing. Let's
turn Wycombe into a football United Nations for the day, make it a great
day out for everybody. Both SUSD and the FSF are fully behind this. The
club will be invited all the other 91 clubs and all the 145 MPs who have
signed the pro safe-standing House of Commons Early Day Motion.

GO FOR IT PEOPLE, HIT THE PHONES/EMAIL NOW!

Regards

The Stand Up Sit Down Team
supported by www.vitalfootball.co.uk (http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/)

So hopefully this is the first step in bringing safe standing areas back into football grounds (Y)

CJW93
29-08-2007, 10:04 PM
At Grays we have three good standing areas

:Hazel
29-08-2007, 10:06 PM
that will be weird, id be like eww get off me patch :'(

piddle2k6
30-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I remember at the old dean court when i was like 7 or 8 that i had to get there really early just to be able to see and get at the front.

Also im quite small still so that isnt great ^-^

But having said that.. u see all these new "Concrete-bowl" all seater stadiums.
Teams aint just going to rip the seats out are they?

But anyway ty for the news. +rep if i can XD

Geraint
30-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Am I the only person who has no idea what that means?

I thought that Werder Bremen were the only team to have safe standing and I don't think that involves rival fans standing next to each other.

I can really imagine that working down Cardiff with 2,000 Cardiff fans next to loads of Swansea fans with no segregation

piddle2k6
30-08-2007, 08:26 PM
No no no.. i think and dont kill me if im wrong it means that because teams in the top tier and championship must have all seater stadiums.

i think they want to make it so that a repeat of hillsborough doesnt happen but let people stand up

YellowParasol
30-08-2007, 09:33 PM
At Peterborough we have a terraced stand for away fans...

Jamie!
30-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Am I the only person who has no idea what that means?

I thought that Werder Bremen were the only team to have safe standing and I don't think that involves rival fans standing next to each other.

I can really imagine that working down Cardiff with 2,000 Cardiff fans next to loads of Swansea fans with no segregation

Aye, basically what Carl said. After the Hillsborough incident, Lord Taylor condcuted a report saying that it was unsafe to stand or have terracing in football grounds. So that's why most grounds being redevolped/built nowadays are all seating, and don't give the chance for supporters who want to stand, stand. So basically, loads of football fans have been singing petitions to bring in 'safe' standing areas so they can stand at football matches without being told by a jobsworth steward every minute to sit down or get thrown out. It won't affect segregation or anything. Just like the Grange End (?) at Cardiff basically.

piddle2k6
31-08-2007, 08:47 AM
But i thought it was compulsory to have all seating areas in the top two tiers of english football?

paradox
31-08-2007, 08:47 AM
that willbe well weird, although it's sorta good news.

Jamie!
31-08-2007, 11:38 AM
But i thought it was compulsory to have all seating areas in the top two tiers of english football?

Aye, it is at the minute. But, people are trying to get it changed so they have an option to stand at matches without getting told to sit down every 2min by the stewards.

piddle2k6
31-08-2007, 12:31 PM
Hmm i kind of see where yopu are coming from but i dont know about you but i hate it when i ahve to stand up because someone infront of me stands up.

Meh its probs coz im only 5ft1 :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!