PDA

View Full Version : insurance :l

Redmoon Evil
30-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Am getting paid now so soon am gonah be needing to get a car, so from you guys who drive u fancy like telling me best thing to get and all that, like idealy i would like and old golf but bet that be **** loads

what do you drive? and much you pay? and stuff bout the car would be gd too

Canariez
30-08-2007, 10:06 PM
You wanna look at the Citroens, cheap insurance on them and they do deals for youngsters apparantly.

The smaller the car the better really, especially for beginer mate, just look for a second hand car, no need to spend more than 800 quid, look around for insurance, just phone different companies, and take the best one.

Joeymac
01-09-2007, 12:40 AM
um... if they ask how far you drive just be like to work and thats it. dont tell them anything they dont need to know. i have mine saying im a backup incase my parents need something. basically i "have" insurance because im my parents gofer. even though i put over 500 miles a week on my car :rolleyes: Shop around. and pay monthly if you can. its easier on the wallet/purse

Metric.
01-09-2007, 01:03 AM
um... if they ask how far you drive just be like to work and thats it. dont tell them anything they dont need to know. i have mine saying im a backup incase my parents need something. basically i "have" insurance because im my parents gofer. even though i put over 500 miles a week on my car :rolleyes: Shop around. and pay monthly if you can. its easier on the wallet/purse

Same with me, I put 500+ miles on my 2003 Accord EX V6 each week. My car payment is $625/month and I'm insured on my mom's insurance plan, and I think it costs her and extra $2500 a year to have me added, but that insures me on my car, the 2004 Range Rover and the 2006 Infiniti. When I was added first I was added on a 2004 Yukon XL Denali and a 2002 BMW 745i, it was like $1300 per year, then I wrecked the Yukon and $$$$$

GommeInc
01-09-2007, 10:03 AM
DOn't get a Golf, far too much money for new drivers, they become cheaper after a few years though.

Citroens are good apparently. A few people have Ford Fiestas and then there are Vauxhall Corsas which you could consider. I have a Ford Fiesta but the insurance was high because it was a 1.4 and a 5 door.

adidas™
01-09-2007, 01:52 PM
a 1.2 corsa wud be cheap-ish

Seacat
09-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Im pretty gutted atm cos I've saved up enough money to buy my absolutely dream car (the new Fiesta ST) but now I look at insurance quotes and the cheapest ones are £5000 :@ :@ :@ :@ :@

ATM I drive a 1.3 5dr fiesta and that cost me £1500 to insure this year (not bad for my first year). I only have two more payments on the direct debit and then I don't pay anything until it needs renewing in January.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!