PDA

View Full Version : Eng vs Ind - 4th ODI

Smiddy
30-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Easily the best match of the series so far. Full of wickets and some signs of future english batting ability.

Unfortunately, the only real downer on today's match was the amount of injuries that seemed to be caused, whether they're serious or not, we shall find out by tomorrow I'm sure.

Spoiler time - Look away if you don't wanna know!

England won by 3 wickets.

India were bowled out for 212 in 49.4 overs, with the only significant contributions coming from Tendulkar and Yuvraj (and a late 1 by Zaheer Kahn). Broad taking 4 wickets (even if a bit expensive due to 1 over worth 16 runs to India); finished off by Anderson with yet again, amazing figures. Easy victory for England then, surely?

WRONG.

Despite the great run rate in the powerplay overs (for once) England's problem today was trying to keep wickets, and after losing Captain Paul Collingwood for 47 not long after the powerplays finished, it was up to young all-rounder Ravi Bopara and future all-rounder Stuart Broad, who saw England home with about 3 overs to spare with a partnetship of 99 (unbeaten) each making 40* knocks.. Ajit Agarkar easily the pick of the Indian Bowlers, with 4 wickets for 60 runs (again, expensive, but wicket taking, to help show why he has been included again).

So England are now 3 - 1 up in the series, with 3 matches to go, 1 more victory for England, let's hope ;) The final 3 matches are all Day matches, not Day/Night matches.

Jordie
30-08-2007, 09:37 PM
dont really follow cricket
but good to see england are winning:)

Soil
30-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Grrr. England were 114-7 too. Dammit. Zaheer Khans 9th and 10th over were awfull. Why bring in Tendulkar :s
India could have won this game. Damn them.

Smiddy
30-08-2007, 09:42 PM
Grrr. England were 114-7 too. Dammit. Zaheer Khans 9th and 10th over were awfull. Why bring in Tendulkar :s
India could have won this game. Damn them.
I know, good resistance by Bopara and Broad you must admit though.

Zaheer was so injured after that awkward knock.

And I think Tendulkar gets brought in because he can do a variety of balls, medium pacers, leg break and off break, helps confuse the batsmen; but he is 1 of India's half decent fielders :/

Soil
30-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Why not use RP Singh instead of Zaheer khan :s So damn stupid. RP Singh was bowling better.
Everytime India looses to teams like England ... makes me think "what a waste of a day."

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!