PDA

View Full Version : India Vs England - ODI #5

Soil
02-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Damn the rain.

India are keen to stay on the field. Remember 20 overs constitutes a match. India are well ahead of England on the Duckworth Lewis method, but all that means nothing if 20 overs aren't completed.

For the moment, though, the players are off the field, and there's nothing the umpires can do till the rain stops.

If 20 overs are completed, then the par score for the loss of four wickets is 155, and England are some way away yet. For the moment, though, that doesn't really matter, as India haven't sent down 20 overs.

Damn, 3.3 overs, thats all India need to bowl. :'(
After that, if it rains, India wins :D

Soil
02-09-2007, 07:30 PM
India win :D

3-2 to England now.

Aflux
02-09-2007, 07:51 PM
We only have to win one more <3

Soil
02-09-2007, 07:55 PM
If India loose this series, then over 1 billion people wont be happy with the team.
We could have won the last match, damn. Why did he use Zaheer and Tendular in the 4th ODI :'(

Aflux
02-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I seriously doubt England's chances though, you'll probably come through although you haven't been at your best by a long shot [neither have we but that's a different story].

Soil
02-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I think todays team was great. Lots of batsmen to make runs, and enough bowlers. We still need more all rounders.

I think England have improved a lot at ODI's. Cook and Bell are your best batsmen. In a few years time, with more experience, they could be one of the worlds best batsmen.

IMO Flintoff is over rated. He cant bat. He bowls well, but he cant bat. He got like 19 on his last county match, and hasnt batted well recently.

Smiddy
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
lol I still don't think Cook is anywhere near our best batsmen, todays performance just cemented why, he's got alot to learn. Prior played very well today, and I don't want to have to say that very often.
Well done to Collingwood too, he kept a glimmer of hope alive for England. And like Sir Beefy wondered, why wasn't Dimi included today instead of Lewis? :S Unless he's still injured.
Why ruin the opening bowlership too :@ Broad would of been better to begin with!!

Today the tactics went India's way, we were 1 bowler short.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!