PDA

View Full Version : EU - Time to give up what's left of our rights?

-:Undertaker:-
02-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Gordon Brown wants to sign away our rights to Europe next month, they will have power over our justice system and every aspect of our nation, Spain has already said 'it's 98% identical to the failed 2005 treaty, just without the badge'.

So do you support giving Brussles our rights?, in the last Labour manifesto Tony Blair promised a Vote on it, but Brown says this treaty is different and doesn't need a vote, (what a lier, does he think we're stupid)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6975031.stm

cocaine
02-09-2007, 10:20 PM
what rights do we give them :S

02-09-2007, 10:23 PM
I have already said, you can find out more by reading Newspapers and News websites for more information, over the next month you'll be hearing more and more.

FlyingJesus
04-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Referendum please.

Yum999
05-09-2007, 06:02 PM
What I'd give to get out of Europe.

Blair started giving away the right to govern ourselves, and now I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown finish what he started. I think we have the right to make our own decisions as a state, and that's all the persuading I need to vote UKIP.

Browney
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
We should vote.

T0M
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
We should vote!

Also Brown should call an election, so we cant boot him out and put the conservatives in power ! LAbour should of stopped with Tony Blair, Brown was a disgraceful choice for PM he was pretty good as chancellor though to be fair to him.

Virgin Mary
06-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Oh no they didn't, I ain't being just another EU country.

06-09-2007, 04:30 PM
What I'd give to get out of Europe.

Blair started giving away the right to govern ourselves, and now I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown finish what he started. I think we have the right to make our own decisions as a state, and that's all the persuading I need to vote UKIP.

I hate europe.

We should vote!

Also Brown should call an election, so we cant boot him out and put the conservatives in power ! LAbour should of stopped with Tony Blair, Brown was a disgraceful choice for PM he was pretty good as chancellor though to be fair to him.

The Conservatives under Cameron will be the same as the Blair government, pushover centre ground idiots.

Concentric2
06-09-2007, 05:23 PM
The Conservatives under Cameron will be the same as the Blair government, pushover centre ground idiots.
I'd rather that than a significantly right or left wing party tbh.

And they're not going to be exactly the same - even if they have the same policies, it's some new people with different ideas and so on. Every few elections you need a new party imo, otherwise it goes it bit stale.

Browney
06-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I personally think Gord is looking pretty good. Labour has risen in polls I thought I heard. And Cameron seems abit all talk. But, still, we need to leave Europe, now.

06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
I'd rather that than a significantly right or left wing party tbh.

And they're not going to be exactly the same - even if they have the same policies, it's some new people with different ideas and so on. Every few elections you need a new party imo, otherwise it goes it bit stale.

Left wingers are soft and center is just as bad, right wing is best as it puts prisoners to justice and has much tougher stance on everything.

They will be the same, no delivering, making promises and not fulfiling them just like Blair and Brown did in the 2005 Labour Manifesto.

I personally think Gord is looking pretty good. Labour has risen in polls I thought I heard. And Cameron seems abit all talk. But, still, we need to leave Europe, now.

Labour has risen yeah, but that always happens when partys get new leaders and yeah we need to completly leave the EU, i wouldn't even say we're 'Europe', we're an island and Turkey isn't even in Europe either, that's Asia.

Browney
06-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Labour has risen yeah, but that always happens when partys get new leaders and yeah we need to completly leave the EU, i wouldn't even say we're 'Europe', we're an island and Turkey isn't even in Europe either, that's Asia.

I know we are in an area that could be considered Europe seen as we have France on the south side and Norway and Finland and all those guys on the East side. But I'm same as you.

I suppose you're right about new leaders seen as he hasn't really had a chance to slip up yet with anything major. :P

Dan2nd
06-09-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm British not Europian I'd hate for our rights to be taken away I think we should get to vote.

07-09-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm British not Europian I'd hate for our rights to be taken away I think we should get to vote.

I saw a picture in a newspaper and it had a picture of Sarah, Gordons wife and him, they had added speech bubbles above them and Sarah was saying 'Why don't you give them a vote dear?' and it had Gordon saying 'Because they won't vote the right way'

It's true though, do you really think there is any other reason why he's holding back a referendum, it's the simple fact that no one wants to get deeper in the EU and he would lose the vote.

Technologic
07-09-2007, 04:58 PM
We should leave the EU tbh.

It's been nothing but trouble since we joined it.

07-09-2007, 05:00 PM
We should leave the EU tbh.

It's been nothing but trouble since we joined it.

Think of what we could do with the Billions we normally give to the EU, schools could be rebuilt, hospitals could be modernised, nurses could have pay rises, more prisons could be built.

mat64
07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't think we should have ever joined the EU, It's never been any good for as posted.

09-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't think we should have ever joined the EU, It's never been any good for as posted.

Agreed.

GommeInc
09-09-2007, 05:02 PM
I vote we nuke Europe. Get rid of us before we cause damage. The UK is a hell hole, education is crap, health care puts the C in crap pretty much the whole country is crap in general. Why do Americans think we're posh badgers? We're all common a the s word "/

WarezKid
10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Just a quick update, what been bad about since we joined the EU -.-

i still havent been caught up with the news yet :P

Browney
10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I vote we nuke Europe. Get rid of us before we cause damage. The UK is a hell hole, education is crap, health care puts the C in crap pretty much the whole country is crap in general. Why do Americans think we're posh badgers? We're all common a the s word "/

There's nothing like British pride.

10-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Just a quick update, what been bad about since we joined the EU -.-

i still havent been caught up with the news yet :P

It's been explained why it's so bad, we lose Billions of pounds a year and we have our rights taken away more and more every year.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!