PDA

View Full Version : If your going into year 10..

Smits
03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
And you are enrvous or scared, you shouldn't be.

Yeh, you start your GCSE's and coursework, but to be honest, it's not all that hard. Year 11 is obviously more difficult.

So, when you get your first piece of coursework, take my advice, and start it as soon as you get it. Don't do what i did and leave it until last minute, as i;ve done again over the holidays.

Enjoy year 10 and remember that all the work you do will help you in year 11, try not to mess around too much (if you can) and try to do the best you can.

Those are just a few tips from my experiance in year 10, i always leave my work until last minute.. Lol

If anybody else has tips from there experiances, post them here. Ease some of the new year 10's pain. :P

adidas™
03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
il second all that, as i did most of what u sed not to, and it made my year 11 much harder

PaulMacC
03-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm actually setting my self a deadline for coursework when I get it.
I'll be like this has to be done for such & such.
I'm getting stuck in ASAP.
Im not fooling around this year, I want a nice, bright future.

Energizer
03-09-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm actually setting my self a deadline for coursework when I get it.
I'll be like this has to be done for such & such.
I'm getting stuck in ASAP.
Im not fooling around this year, I want a nice, bright future.

yh, that's what i said at the start of yr 10.. didn't quite go like that tbh. i just left everything til the last minute cuz i cba.

Mr.Sam
03-09-2007, 10:23 PM
i don't see why anyone makes a major fuss over year 10 and 11
You've been in some sort of school since the age of 5 the workload shouldn't be too much for you to handle you just need to manage your time..
Sure there are exams but if you do the work your set you will be fine.

PaulMacC
03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Aye but last year I messed about alot, didnt do homeworks, didnt revise until day before
SATS and I got 776 which is pretty gud.

But I wanna do better

T0M
03-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Agreed bout the corusework , do lil bits each night ratehr than all of it in last couple days :l

I left most of it till last minute and got sucky grades, the one i tried on i got a B which is pretty good considering im crap at english =)

Loqo
06-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Thank you for that. I just gone into year 10 2 days ago and i do think am going to get my head down over this first year because the school seem alot stricter on things now. :)

T0M
06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Thank you for that. I just gone into year 10 2 days ago and i do think am going to get my head down over this first year because the school seem alot stricter on things now. :)

While you should deffo get on with your coursework, new rules are made to be broken :D then they may change them back =)

Xarea
07-09-2007, 06:06 AM
And you are enrvous or scared, you shouldn't be.

Yeh, you start your GCSE's and coursework, but to be honest, it's not all that hard. Year 11 is obviously more difficult.

So, when you get your first piece of coursework, take my advice, and start it as soon as you get it. Don't do what i did and leave it until last minute, as i;ve done again over the holidays.

Enjoy year 10 and remember that all the work you do will help you in year 11, try not to mess around too much (if you can) and try to do the best you can.

Those are just a few tips from my experiance in year 10, i always leave my work until last minute.. Lol

If anybody else has tips from there experiances, post them here. Ease some of the new year 10's pain. :P

I'm going into Year 10 today, i've already got two GCSEs and i'm going into second year of 4 GCSEs.

:P

Alkaz
07-09-2007, 06:09 AM
Yah you shouldnt stress too much.
Year 10 is really just doing course work, revision and practice exams, all it will do in the long run is lower the work load in year 11, as its a shorter year and their is alot more to do.

Technologic
07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Lol. My first piece of english coursework is eaasy :]

I'm in top set so yay me ^-^

&
09-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeh. I need to work extra hard now to redo everything again from last year, own choice.
All because I left till the last minute.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!