PDA

View Full Version : Our evolution.

Biseinen
07-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Whats next? Yeah, its millions of years away and we wont ever see it or hear of it. But hell, we can think about it. What do you think for humans is the next step of evolution? What do you think we'll look like?

I'm curious.

Neversoft
07-09-2007, 10:44 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/6f8onpf.gif

We'll probably all die before we evolve next.

Virgin Mary
07-09-2007, 10:54 PM
That diagram could be true, we might evolve into something that can handle being static better - perhaps a more hunched spine rather than the S shaped one we have now. I imagine humans slowly darkening to handle UV light better, too; typical Scandinavians will probably disappear within a few centuries.

shok
07-09-2007, 10:56 PM
we wont evolve

Nemo
07-09-2007, 10:56 PM
http://i10.tinypic.com/6f8onpf.gif

We'll probably all die before we evolve next.
Yeah, we either die before we do, or we have an extra arm... ever noticed in every day life how a 3rd arm would be SO useful?

FlyingJesus
07-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Evolution occurs when a species needs to adapt to something that's been affecting them for generations.. I can't see us needing a third arm to survive. There's theories that we'll eventually evolve into a two-class species; the higher class of humans will be better looking, more athletic, cleverer etc (due to selective breeding: people not wanting to have kids with someone "lower" than them), whilst the lower class would be a sort of slave class, ugly and dimwitted - the "gene dump" as it may be.

Mr.Sam
08-09-2007, 12:13 AM
we will not evolve nor will animals.

Biseinen
08-09-2007, 12:58 AM
we will not evolve nor will animals.

Thats like saying we haven't evolved.

RedStratocas
08-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Evolution occurs when a species needs to adapt to something that's been affecting them for generations.. I can't see us needing a third arm to survive. There's theories that we'll eventually evolve into a two-class species; the higher class of humans will be better looking, more athletic, cleverer etc (due to selective breeding: people not wanting to have kids with someone "lower" than them), whilst the lower class would be a sort of slave class, ugly and dimwitted - the "gene dump" as it may be.

thats what i believe too. it makes sense.

-:Undertaker:-
08-09-2007, 11:52 AM
At the moment humans are getting taller, so I think we'll carry on becoming taller and Appendixs will disappear from the body as they are no longer used by humans.

Nemo
08-09-2007, 11:54 AM
thats what i believe too. it makes sense.
i think so 2, but i really want a third arm xD

Mr.Sam
08-09-2007, 12:01 PM
What i am saying is we use chemicals and objects to do the tasks for us - instead of getting more hair to deal with cold weather we turn the heating on.. we have no need to evolve.
Thats like saying we haven't evolved.

mangle
08-09-2007, 12:19 PM
If we're going to evolve I reckon that's what will happen. Although I do believe something like nuclear war will break out before that and wipe most life off the planet.

RedStratocas
08-09-2007, 12:49 PM
i think so 2, but i really want a third arm xD

yeah, but we don't need one.

What i am saying is we use chemicals and objects to do the tasks for us - instead of getting more hair to deal with cold weather we turn the heating on.. we have no need to evolve.

evolution happens when you DONT need something as well.

Nemo
08-09-2007, 12:50 PM
yeah, but we don't need one.

evolution happens when you DONT need something as well.
so urs also saying its possible that we may evolve to get a third arm xD

Dan2nd
08-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't think we as Humans will evolve that much actually I think we've kind of reached the end of our evolutionairy time line if that makes sence. I do however think scientists will start fiddleing with Human DNA and create Hybrids by mixing it with other animal DNA. I read in the paper today apprently some scientifical company have asked permission to create some low developed Hybrid DNA to experiment on for 'our benifit' so maybe this could develop into something more advanced?

Fez
08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
We'll die before evolution.

If we do evolve, I suspect it to get rid of our flaws and distinguish us more, I personally think we'll start having genitic memory, intelligence passed down the family tree.

Ekalb
10-09-2007, 08:39 AM
We'll die before evolution.

If we do evolve, I suspect it to get rid of our flaws and distinguish us more, I personally think we'll start having genitic memory, intelligence passed down the family tree.

That could turn out pretty bad actually... Like a few things you don't want your child to know until their older they would know at birth.. Good theory though. I think what Tom's said about the high/low races is very possible in some time. Probably some improvements to our internal organs could happen too (eg. stronger lungs and things of the same type to deal with the problems many of us face day to day, the same way that some of the people who live near mountains were able to have stronger hearts and slightly different body builds to deal with the conditions)

:Liam
10-09-2007, 08:48 AM
At the moment humans are getting taller, so I think we'll carry on becoming taller and Appendixs will disappear from the body as they are no longer used by humans.

Its impossible for us to continue getting taller, because evolutionary we are getting shorter not taller. We may be getting taller for now but on the larger scale we are become much more shorter.

Roboevil
10-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I've read an article about this and the accepted theory is that we'll eventually lose all of our hair, be extremely tall and have really long fingers. I don't know why we'd have long fingers but it's just the theory. I can believe it actually, it would take another 500, 000 years, but I don't see why it wouldn't happen.

Lozzoling
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
We won't evolve.

Because all the weak sick people who would have died off are treated and are passing on their weak characteristics.

Survival of the fittest does not exist anymore.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!