PDA

View Full Version : NEWS! Kylie told she has breast cancer

sally37
17-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Singer Kylie Minogue has been told she has breast cancer, and has postponed the Australian leg of her tour so she can concentrate on getting well again.
Kylie was diagnosed with the illness last week, and said she was disappointed she won't be touring her home country.

"Hopefully all will work out fine and I'll be back with you all again soon," the singer said in a statement.

Kylie will also miss the Glastonbury festival she was due to play in June.

The Aussie singer was due to begin her 20-day Showgirl tour in Sydney on Thursday.

Kylie's tour company Frontier Touring said Kylie was told she has the early stages of breast cancer while at home in Melbourne with her family.

They've said she'll undergo treatment immediately.

Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women worldwide, and if caught early can often be treated successfully.

It's not really known what causes the disease; the risk of developing it is very small in young women and increases with age.

Kylie on tour
Smash Hits editor Lara Palamoudian said: "We are shocked and saddened to hear about Kylie's cancer diagnosis.

"At Smash Hits, we see her as the sort of iconic, untouchable star that can get through anything, and we are optimistic and hopeful that she will pull through what must be an incredibly difficult time for her and her family."

Kylie's raised money for breast cancer causes and one of her tops was sold at auction for £2,400 for the charity Breast Cancer Care.

The star's had 37 hit singles in the UK, after becoming famous as an actress in the soap Neighbours.

2hd.
17-05-2005, 04:59 PM
this has already been posted!

Owen
17-05-2005, 07:38 PM
I would laugh if she got bum cancer?

habbox-superstar
17-05-2005, 07:41 PM
LMAO, me to, me to

Fruitbox.
17-05-2005, 10:29 PM
This is being aired 24-7 too. [Just liek the crazy frog!!] I feel sorry for her n stuff. But hitngs that get aired too often gets annoying its like "WE KNOW ALREADY!! SHUT UP!!"

GommeInc
17-05-2005, 10:56 PM
I feel sorry for her, she's not a really evil cow like other celebrities, she doesn't deserve it in my view

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!