PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe God made the world in 6 days?

:alexxTURNER
09-09-2007, 08:37 PM
For my RE course work, I have to ask people whether they think God created the world in 6 days or not and why.
So could you answer it please!
+rep for good answers

Nemo
09-09-2007, 08:44 PM
No, obviously not.. it would take atleast 7 :rolleyes:

Seriously, ummm well i dont beleive in god but if i did i would say yes coz hes so almighty.

dirrty
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
No, obviously not.. it would take atleast 7 :rolleyes:

Seriously, ummm well i dont beleive in god but if i did i would say yes coz hes so almighty.
the 7th day was his day of rest. so its 6 as he rested on the 7th day.

i dunno what i believe tbh. but i do believe in god. ill think about it then post later on again.

Nemo
09-09-2007, 08:47 PM
the 7th day was his day of rest. so its 6 as he rested on the 7th day.

i dunno what i believe tbh. but i do believe in god. ill think about it then post later on again.
Yeah i know, it was an unfunny joke =]

Galaxay1
09-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I dont beleive in god. :P

Jazza
09-09-2007, 08:51 PM
No because I find the idea of a being that controls everything laughable and I have very little respect for people that do (unless they're nice people).

:alexxTURNER
09-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't care whether you believe in god or not rofl, I need explanations on if you think God created the world in 6 days or not

&
09-09-2007, 08:56 PM
course he didnt

Jazza
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I don't care whether you believe in god or not rofl, I need explanations on if you think God created the world in 6 days or not

If we don't believe in god then we obviously don't so you'd need to find some Christians to ask.

Energizer
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
If we don't believe in god then we obviously don't so you'd need to find some Christians to ask.

yeah that's what i was gna say.

and no i don't believe it because i don't believe in god.

Barmi
10-09-2007, 05:02 PM
We assume "6 days" are 6 days by our current standards of time. Isn't it also feasible to suggest that the "6 days" could be anything else, such as 6 millennia? Due to the expansion of the universe and solar systems, light distances would have changed and consequently the concept of time. ;) It would certainly make it easier for me to believe.

I'm too far down the scientific route though, I'm afraid. The Bible doesn't explain everything well enough for my liking, so I prefer the more believable (yet still not 100% factual) story.

adidas™
15-09-2007, 10:20 PM
if hes "almighty" and wat nt, shunt he ave been able 2 du it all in 1 day:rolleyes:

g
15-09-2007, 10:44 PM
7 day's acutally :P and no

Neversoft
16-09-2007, 12:34 AM
7 day's acutally :P and no

No, on the seventh he rested if I remember correctly.

And no, I don't believe in god.

AndyDude312
16-09-2007, 08:46 AM
DARWIN! DARWIN! DARWIN!

GhostFace-
16-09-2007, 08:49 AM
God probaly made our would in a second.

Naythi.
16-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Nah

Its already been proven hasnt it ... That he obviously didnt create the earth ... Thats just myths and stories =S

Its like space dust , Rocks , Comments etc Combined together .... And they get compact and then turn into a huge clump of rock . . .

Then if its got the right stuff then life can evolve maybe :?

Durnoo ... Im no space person ..

But it is realy fascinating !

,Jess,
16-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I think the whole 6 days thing is just for the story, to get the point accross that god created everything.

velocity
16-09-2007, 10:23 AM
where did god come from?

Virgin Mary
16-09-2007, 10:23 AM
No, it's to chronologically order the events. The word in the original Bible which was translated into days actually means "periods of time". Although the fact photosynthesising plants were made before sunlight leaves some thought.

Throne Sofa
16-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I beleive it's partly god partly revoloution

whoooosh
16-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Nah he didnt, but then the bible shouldnt be taken literally, at some level he probably did make the world but it took billions of years, not 6 days. Not realistic at all.

Fifteen
16-09-2007, 12:21 PM
not really.

Jambe
16-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Yes, I do,

And the fact that he made it in 6 days is no relavence what so ever. He is above time and 6 days could have been 99 years in our time. E.g on jupiter for every earth year its about 218 jupiter years. So 6 days have no relavence what so ever. But i do belive he did.

Galactica
16-09-2007, 03:00 PM
I do,

I think God, made the Earth and everything around it... Not just because I believe in God but most of the things in the Bible are true... For example people are healed in real life, in churches around the globe, and it says that he has healed blind men etc...

And the people that say 'no' is that because, you have no christian background or you feel embarassed to say yes?

And if no explained your answer...

Josh

Matt,
17-09-2007, 07:02 PM
No i dont
I take the more scienfific route i find that such a thing as god exsits

Biseinen
17-09-2007, 09:23 PM
If he was that good, he would of done it in two.

Moh
18-09-2007, 12:13 AM
i belive in the scientific way, if there was a god then he wdnt make our lifes Hell.

AndyDude312
18-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Listen all. The last time a new religion was made was probably around medieval times. Religions were made to explain things that people didn't understand, i.e. diseases and why things fall to the ground when dropped. No religions have been made recently because people have science. They don't need excuses of an almighty being that controls everything.

It is true that there was a man called Jesus and we know this because the Romans have left records of such a trouble-maker. But think about it... walking on water? water into wine? feeding 5000 with a loaf of bread and some fish? bringing someone back to life after four days being dead? How can it be true?

And as for God punishing people for sins. What's next, God is causing Global Warming to punish us?

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with this post but I think it's about time everyone faced reality.

mousey
18-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Heres my belefies even though im a chirstian

I beleie that the big bang created earth. However I do think there is somesort of power / person looking over the world (e.g. God) And there was a savoir of the world.

Moh
18-09-2007, 05:17 PM
It is true that there was a man called Jesus
In my RE class we all agreed on
(May offend some of you, please dont -Rep)
Jesus was real, but made people hallucinate cos of Alcohol & drugs, and the Vergin Mary was a ***** and made the excuse because she got pregnant. And if its all true, then God raped Mary.

dirrty
18-09-2007, 05:21 PM
In my RE class we all agreed on
(May offend some of you, please dont -Rep)
Jesus was real, but made people hallucinate cos of Alcohol & drugs, and the Vergin Mary was a ***** and made the excuse because she got pregnant. And if its all true, then God raped Mary.
is that what your re teacher is teaching you? gosh.
& god raping mary? wth :S

Moh
18-09-2007, 05:25 PM
is that what your re teacher is teaching you? gosh.
& god raping mary? wth :S
well our re teacher was a budah and only told us stuff about buddah :S
our class decided that xD

But its imposible to get pregnant without having sex (unless there was sperm donors back then), and if "God" put the bady in mary then he ovb raped her.

dirrty
18-09-2007, 05:27 PM
well our re teacher was a budah and only told us stuff about buddah :S
our class decided that xD

But its imposible to get pregnant without having sex (unless there was sperm donors back then), and if "God" put the bady in mary then he ovb raped her.
god isnt even a human though. so i dont see how he raped mary :S
& sperm donors. wth lmaoo. did didnt have physical sex with mary. i think you need to talk to your head of re because you re teacher is **** imo.

Concentric2
18-09-2007, 05:34 PM
I certainly do not, because i don't believe he exists (and if he did and was all-powerful, surely he could just make it instantly?)

Moh
18-09-2007, 06:14 PM
god isnt even a human though. so i dont see how he raped mary :S
& sperm donors. wth lmaoo. did didnt have physical sex with mary. i think you need to talk to your head of re because you re teacher is **** imo.
oh our re teacther got fired, not there no more anyways xD
If god realy exists then surely he wd have had another son right? The same type of thing? Angels bla bla bla?

dirrty
18-09-2007, 06:16 PM
oh our re teacther got fired, not there no more anyways xD
If god realy exists then surely he wd have had another son right? The same type of thing? Angels bla bla bla?
ey?
another son?
im not gonna bother. not worth it.

Moh
18-09-2007, 06:21 PM
ey?
another son?
im not gonna bother. not worth it.
Well if gods ment to be all powerful and if hes still punishing us 2day then hes real? well thats what ppl say.
and if jesus got crusified then wdnt he try again?

in other words, it dosnt make sence

AndyDude312
18-09-2007, 06:39 PM
The only sort of supernatural/paranormal thing that I believe in is fate/destiny. Whatever you do, you were always going to do it. And even if you think "well I'm bound to do this so I'll do the opposite so I'll beat fate!" In my theory you were always going to think that.

dirrty
18-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Well if gods ment to be all powerful and if hes still punishing us 2day then hes real? well thats what ppl say.
and if jesus got crusified then wdnt he try again?

in other words, it dosnt make sence
it makes sense, just that you dont understand anything. just do research about it all, read the bible etc. if you dont wanna then just pay attention in re or w.e

Moh
18-09-2007, 07:09 PM
it makes sense, just that you dont understand anything. just do research about it all, read the bible etc. if you dont wanna then just pay attention in re or w.e
i dont realy want any thing 2 do with religion, religion makes the world what it is 2day....

.... ****

cocaine
18-09-2007, 07:10 PM
No, I believe in evolution.

dirrty
18-09-2007, 07:12 PM
i dont realy want any thing 2 do with religion, religion makes the world what it is 2day....

.... ****
from your previous posts, you dont even know what is what tbh. btw im not having a go at you before you think i am, just saying. and its people and their actions which makes the world what it is today. if people wish to twist what they believe then so be it. but the problems in the world are man-kinds fault.

Moh
18-09-2007, 07:17 PM
from your previous posts, you dont even know what is what tbh. btw im not having a go at you before you think i am, just saying. and its people and their actions which makes the world what it is today. if people wish to twist what they believe then so be it. but the problems in the world are man-kinds fault.
All the actions today are cos of religion...
is there any war which isnt cos of religion?
people discriminating gays because of the bible saying its a sin.
People will say they dont belive in it and all, but things like the above is cos of the bible

Virgin Mary
18-09-2007, 08:34 PM
All the actions today are cos of religion...
is there any war which isnt cos of religion?
people discriminating gays because of the bible saying its a sin.
People will say they dont belive in it and all, but things like the above is cos of the bible
God isn't religion.

Jackk
18-09-2007, 08:37 PM
i dont care how powerfull he is i dont think he could of made the world in 6 days...

hobo
18-09-2007, 08:40 PM
no because i don't believe in god.
so i don't believe he made it full stop, never mind the time.

Moh
19-09-2007, 12:03 PM
God isn't religion.
I know that, do u think im stupid?
I was on about the post where he wanted me 2 study religions :S

Notex
09-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Lol well i believe the new testament of the bible has been corrupted by the catholic church to control social comformity.. as for making the world is 6 days.. they were defiently smoking something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!