PDA

View Full Version : About time?

shok
10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Gillingham have parted company with manager Ronnie Jepson with immediate effect. The former Burnley coach met with Chairman Paul Scally earlier today and offered his resignation after a disappointing start to the season. The Gills have lost five of their opening six games of the 2007/08 season.

About time really i kept saying to myself why hasnt he got the sack?
Conceaded a whooping 10 goals so far :rolleyes:
hopefully we can bring in someone decent for a change havent had a promising manager since peter taylor in 2000 :rolleyes:

Ronnie Jepson has resigned as Gillingham manager following his team's poor start to the season.

Gillingham are languishing in 22nd place in League One, with only Walsall and Leeds, who started the season with a 15-point penalty, below them in the table.

They claimed their only victory of the campaign last week, but slipped to a 3-0 defeat to Southend on Saturday.

Jepson has now decided to leave The Priestfield Stadium with immediate effect following a meeting with club chairman Paul Scally.

Scally regret

Scally told Sky Sports News: "Ronnie came to see me this morning and it was felt in the best interests of the club that I would accept his resignation, with some regret.

"It hasn't gone well for us for some time now. We have had five defeats out of six and it just wasn't happening.

"We have got a lot of experienced players who are very capable, and in these sorts of situations a change is probably necessary.

"I don't have anyone else in mind but I suppose the process will start this week."

Jepson was appointed manager at Gillingham in November 2005, and guided the club to 14th in his first season and 16th last term.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!