PDA

View Full Version : Pennant - Forgotton player.

Andeeh
10-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I was thinking when is Pennant gonna be called up for England.

He's played class for Liverpool and it should only be right that he should be on some sort of squad sooner.

I mean he's gonna be key for Liverpool this season.

:)

Jordie
10-09-2007, 08:30 PM
read todays sun page 11
that is excactly why pennant will probably never have a chance as an england player.

England
10-09-2007, 08:32 PM
read todays sun page 11
that is excactly why pennant will probably never have a chance as an england player.
I don't have todays issue, so would you care to share?

Jordie
10-09-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't have todays issue, so would you care to share?

drunken night out and couldnt stand up in a takeaway shop
was jailed a couple of years ago for drink driving
he has a disiplinary problem and thats the reason why he probably hasnt had a look in.

Scouse
10-09-2007, 08:36 PM
its the sun... probably lies like everything else they write about

http://www.fillergallery.co.uk/RAWK/Dbs_hjc.gif

Jordie
10-09-2007, 08:37 PM
its the sun... probably lies like everything else they write about

http://www.fillergallery.co.uk/RAWK/Dbs_hjc.gif

no there is pictures of him

Andeeh
10-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Yea. I know he went to Jail.

But isnt about what he does on the pitch?

I think he could be crucial and new for England!

shok
10-09-2007, 08:41 PM
I hate pennant sorry

Geraint
10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd prefer Shaun Wright-Phillips and Beckham on the right. If he could play on the left then that might be an option

Jordie
10-09-2007, 08:43 PM

yer ov course its about what he does on the pitch

but is it acceptable for a player to act like that and then expect to play for his country?

Andeeh
10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
yer ov course its about what he does on the pitch

but is it acceptable for a player to act like that and then expect to play for his country?

Thats very true.

:P

Still I like him!

:Hazel
10-09-2007, 08:56 PM
lescott has only just been called up and hes played well for everton for over a year. pennant hasnt done consistanly well for long enough yet in my view and wright-philips is on top form at the minute so i don't think he'll get a look in.

Browney
10-09-2007, 09:01 PM

Problem is, you need dedicated players. If they're hungover at practice, they're not gonna be 100% for the match.

England
10-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Our Right midfield is so strong

Beckham, SWP, Lennon, Young.

Pennant's a great player but with his attitude not that crucial because of the options we have

Geraint
10-09-2007, 09:06 PM
If pennant had such a problem with his drinking he wouldn't be playing for Liverpool

Jamie!
10-09-2007, 09:51 PM
England summed it up there...

What's the point in calling him up as it's just a watse of a squad member, cause he won't get a look in when there is SWP, Beckham and Lennon ahead of him.

liquid
10-09-2007, 10:10 PM
yeah it'd be hard enough for him to get a place now, even with lennon injured. with his attitude i wouldn't have him in my england squad, even without swp, becks or lennon.

Aflux
11-09-2007, 12:10 PM
He's not good enough, simple as.

More talent wasted by Arsenal.

Minstrels
11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Simple reason is he's rubbish. I'd rather take SWP, Beckham, Lennon or Young than him. He may have the odd good game but he is not consistant and like other people have mentioned he has a poor disaplinary record, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next player to spit at another player. :rolleyes:

Oh and Andeeh no offence or anything but I wonder why you like him? Maybe because he plays for Liverpool and you support urm....

Swush
11-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Simple reason is he's rubbish. I'd rather take SWP, Beckham, Lennon or Young than him. He may have the odd good game but he is not consistant and like other people have mentioned he has a poor disaplinary record, tbh I wouldn't be surprised if he's the next player to spit at another player. :rolleyes:

Oh and Andeeh no offence or anything but I wonder why you like him? Maybe because he plays for Liverpool and you support urm....

Hes not rubbish, and i think hes much better than Young and just because andeeh thinks pennant should be in england isnt just because he suports lfc :8

:G.M.T:
11-09-2007, 05:06 PM
There is better players around than Pennant. David Beckham for one, Shawn Wright-Phillips and Aaron Lennon all in my opinion are better players than Jermaine Pennant. Don't get me wrong he is a good player but he is not one of the best in England.

Andeeh
11-09-2007, 05:44 PM

Some of it yes. But I thought he was good at Birmingham.

And so far i think he has been consistent at Liverpool :)

Soka
11-09-2007, 07:55 PM
i think he should not be picked as sean wright phillips, beckham and lennon all deserve a place in front of him in the squad, and after the other night i think phillips and richards should be number one choice all the time :)

Minstrels
12-09-2007, 06:17 AM
The side shouldn't be changed apart from Barry and Heskey. Like above said, Micah and SWP looked deadly on the right side of midfield oh and I wonder what club they play(ed) for? What an academy we have. :8

edible
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
i personally dont think he's that good'a player tbh.
and that's not cos im an evertonian.

Throne Sofa
13-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Honestly, get over the 96 people.
Pennant, shouldn't get a call up, he's simply not England class.
Ashley Young, Lennon, Phillips, Beckham and Bentley are simply all better players. I don't like Pennant. If he's a key player for Liverpool, then I fear for your ambitions.

CJW93
13-09-2007, 10:01 PM
And I was Confussed when Heskey got the call up

Geraint
13-09-2007, 10:23 PM
And I was Confussed when Heskey got the call up
He called Heskey up because he watched Newcastle v Wigan and Owen teamed up well with Viduka and Heskey is a strong,target man who can flick the ball on for Owen, like Viduka. Michael Owen plays better with someone who will flick the ball on which is why, I think, that Crouch and Owen will play up front together

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!