PDA

View Full Version : T20 update

Smiddy
17-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Mainly about England, although Pakistan earlier beat Sri Lanka by 33 runs. And England lost their last two games.

Rumours around the England Camp currently -
Luke Wright was set to be axed and be replaced by either Vikram Solanki or Darren Maddy. (Or Flintoff might even be promoted..).
then..
Matt Prior is a doubt for tomorrow's game, as a x-ray has shown he has broke his thumb. Vikram Solanki played as wicketkeeper in Monday's training - this could save Wright's place at the top of the order.
and..
Kevin Pietersen still reckons England can lift the trophy. But Scott Styris wants the NZ to send England crashing out. (Eng v NZ first thing tomorrow!)

Table update for Super 8's..
Group E -
Team - r/r - points
SA - 0.95 - 2
NZ - 0.5 - 2
India - 0.5 - 0
Eng - -0.95 - 0

Group F -
Team - r/r - points
Aus - 2.81 - 2
Pak - 1.65 - 2
SL - -1.65 - 0
Ban - -2.81 - 0

Also, for anyone wondering why David Lloyd and Nasser Hussain are commentating for the T20 world cup and no other of the normal commentators, ESPN are showing the images for the T20 world cup, and Hussain & Lloyd have commentated for them in the past (they were commentating in the Sky Sports box & ESPN box for the England v India series). Most of the other commentators are from ESPN.

Geraint
17-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Dmitri Mascerenhas should have been put above Jeremy Snape in the order yesterday. They needed runs quick and he's your man for quick runs

Smiddy
17-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Snape was quite pointless yesterday, just like kirtley was the other day. Both only bowled 1 over and neither made good contributions with the bat.

But I agree with you, Dimi should of been above Snape. I suppose they were thinking Flintoff would hit and he'd get singles to keep strike changing.

Geraint
17-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Getting singles and getting Flintoff on strike is rubbish tactics. When you need around 2 a ball you have to but in your big hitters not rely on one person to make all the runs

Smiddy
17-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Heh, it's in the past, our dropped catches cost us most, Albie Morkel is a dangerous beast.

I'm just more pleased about Prior not being there to chirp away :')

Geraint
17-09-2007, 09:08 PM
He didn't half whack them sixes everywhere and he bowled brilliantly. I can't say much more as I only watched the England innings

Nemo
17-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Wooh, go pakistan! :P England are... not all that :P

Geraint
17-09-2007, 09:15 PM
'mon the Proteas. I now want them to win since the West Indies got knocked out

Soil
17-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I really wanted Pakistan to loose today :'( I will be happy if Pakistan dont go through to the next round :D

Damn. Only if Dhoni didnt get run out, India would have beaten NZ. Lost by 10 runs :(
India vs England should be fun.

I hope Prior is out for a long long time.

"Matt Prior, which game are you watching?"
Sunil Gavaskar reacts during commentary to Matt Prior's shouts of "Catch It" during Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly's chanceless partnership in the sixth ODI between England and India at The Oval

Andeeh
19-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Hmm Shame bout Luke Wright.

He's great for Sussex

Same with Prior ;(

And The other Sussexman Kirtley. Not been good.

:( England Our out of 20/20 Top 2: 4 points england: 1 game to go and still on 0.
Impossible :(

Nemo
19-09-2007, 05:20 PM
unlucky to england, pakistan VS bangladesh tomorrow, good match :]

Soil
19-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Loved Yuvraj's six 6's

Sunny.
19-09-2007, 06:25 PM
What a over by Yuvraj Singh! six 6's!

Smiddy
19-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Yuvraj's over proved to be the difference, if they didn't have that they'd of definitely lost (judging by the way England batted).

Vikram Solanki's had 2 solid performances, I reckon. Better than Prior anyway :P

Bring on Phil Mustard and the SL tour!

And a shame Maddy hasn't bowled more, should of dropped Tremlett (he's useless :/ - don't care if he took 2 wickets or not) they could of bowled Luke Wright or KP instead of him to change the pace.

And unlucky Broad! He had good figures before Flintoff got in Singh's face :')

Soil
19-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Flintoff's a moron. Yuvraj was going after Flintoff but the umpire had to kind of pull him.

Is it just me or are the English team childish / try and get into trouble?

1. Flintoff's incident last world cup.
2. Collingwood going to strip clubs.
3. Broad getting into a argument with Ganguly in one of the ODI's. Ganguly pointed the bat at him angrily while Broad backed away quickly.
4. Pietersien and Zaheer Khan jelly bean incident.
5. Flintoff and Yuvraj incident tonight.

Soil
20-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Group E
1st - India
2nd - New Zealand

Group F
1st - Pakistan
2nd - Australia

On Saturday:

Pakistan Vs New Zealand
India Vs Australia

With the start India got off to today, I never thought India would win. Also surprised South Africa got knocked out. Feel sorry for them as they only lost one game in this tournament.

Cant believe Sri Lanka got trashed today.

Smiddy
20-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Yeah and it's a shame the games aren't the other way around, since India v Pakistan and NZ vs Aus would of been awesome..

Now we only have the chance to see 1 of those!

Why did SA drop Nel, he's better than that useless Philander..

But well done India, a somehow comprehensive victory! :P

And I was surprised at SL's performance today but rofl at Shane Watson, he must be the least fit person in international cricket.. always seems to get injured.

Soil
21-09-2007, 06:59 AM
Yeah and it's a shame the games aren't the other way around, since India v Pakistan and NZ vs Aus would of been awesome..

Now we only have the chance to see 1 of those!

-Is confused-

Pakistans match starts at 12:00BST
Indias match starts at 17:00 BST

Or do you mean we were only able to see one India vs Pakistan match?

Smiddy
22-09-2007, 02:39 PM
-Is confused-

Pakistans match starts at 12:00BST
Indias match starts at 17:00 BST

Or do you mean we were only able to see one India vs Pakistan match?
I wanted to see India v Pakistan aswell as Australia vs New Zealand in the Semi finals.
But now we only have the chance of seeing Pakistan versus India, in the final, since New Zealand are now out the competition.

Shucks.

Soil
22-09-2007, 02:45 PM
If South Africa got 126, we would have got the best semis:

India vs Pakistan
South Africa vs Australia

Both sets of teams are rivals who want to beat each other badly :)

Soil
22-09-2007, 07:22 PM
INDIA VS PAKISTAN ON MONDAY!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!