PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour / Attitude of England's Cricket Team

Soil
19-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Is it just me or are the English team childish / try and get into trouble?

1. Flintoff's incident last world cup. Got drunk and took a few other players with him hours before a match. The players were fined. Flintoff was stripped of his vice-captaincy
2. Collingwood going to strip clubs and drinking alcohol before a match - fined £1000
3. Broad getting into a argument with Ganguly in one of the ODI's. Ganguly pointed the bat at him angrily while Broad backed away quickly. Umpire got in Ganguly's way.
4. Pietersien and Zaheer Khan jelly bean incident which went a bit over the top.
5. Flintoff and Yuvraj incident tonight.

jrh2002
19-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Its great to have some characters in any sport :) :eusa_clap

Soil
19-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Yea, every team has their problems, but I think England go over the top. Same with Pakistans Shoaib Akthar (sp?) smacking his team mate :S

Smiddy
19-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Perhaps it's just the fact that, it's England, so the English media will pick up on it and report it. Their might be rifts in other countries which don't get as much coverage.

In the defence of C'wood though, I believe his testimony, he's a married man with a child, he wouldn't go there intentionally.

In the cases of matches, it's just banter, could say the same about sreesanth earlier, he got a bit wound up didn't he?
In 1 of the ODI's, Yuvraj got a bit wound up with Owais shah so purposely pulled back from a bowl (then got him out the next ball).

Soil
19-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Perhaps it's just the fact that, it's England, so the English media will pick up on it and report it. Their might be rifts in other countries which don't get as much coverage.

In the defence of C'wood though, I believe his testimony, he's a married man with a child, he wouldn't go there intentionally.

In the cases of matches, it's just banter, could say the same about sreesanth earlier, he got a bit wound up didn't he?
In 1 of the ODI's, Yuvraj got a bit wound up with Owais shah so purposely pulled back from a bowl (then got him out the next ball).

Maybe. I just think England do it a bit too much. Annoying the opposition is good as they can become vulnerable.
A lot of bowlers do what Yuvraj do (same with batsmen) to put pressure etc on the opposition.
When the last bowl is crucial, bowlers do that a lot.

:G.M.T:
20-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I think fining collingwood for going into a strip club is disgraceful. He should be able to do as he wishes in his spare time as long as he doesnt end in any trouble (which he didn't) He came out and apologised when he realised what he had done but in my opinion he had nothing to apologise for.

Grainger@CUFC
20-09-2007, 08:02 PM
It's the same with anything to do with England and sport. I think Collingwood's was a bit harsh. Football has been the same in the past and you just have to look at Flintoff at the world cup - it's happened for ages.

Smiddy
20-09-2007, 08:55 PM
I think fining collingwood for going into a strip club is disgraceful. He should be able to do as he wishes in his spare time as long as he doesnt end in any trouble (which he didn't) He came out and apologised when he realised what he had done but in my opinion he had nothing to apologise for.
In any normal context I'd agree with you, but the point they're trying to make is the fact it was the night before a big match... Still, what's been done has been done!

And there is no denying that Saurav, but the way he did was sarcastically, admittedly it worked but it still wasn't very sportsmen like.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!