PDA

View Full Version : Got £90 ema today :D

Moh
28-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Well because my ema was backdated I got £90 this week :)
£30's for next week but I had £60 to spend on my self :)
Any 1 else get much ema from backdates?

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Thread Closed to avoid further rule breaking.

today
28-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I get it backdated but not in a bulk sum, and as i've recently been put onto placement my EMA goes to traveling and nothing else anymore.

:\ Reet rip tbh, they should refund student's bus tickets, specially when its £14.60 i mean, its not exactly cheap and where i work (Dobbies) food wise, its like £3.00 just for something to eat.

Heh. =/

Moh
28-09-2007, 01:47 PM
My travels very cheap, £2 per week, well £2 every 10 days :p

the wombats
28-09-2007, 01:53 PM
i got £130 EMA today. :):)

Wizzdom
28-09-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't get EMA :( Unfair!

today
28-09-2007, 02:24 PM
My travels very cheap, £2 per week, well £2 every 10 days :p
You git "/

my traveling costs in total is roughly £15. Then i have dinner, which if you have a Dobbie's where you live, you'll know the cafe is not exaclty cheap. So i spend roughly £10 a week on that, sometimes a little less. Then im left with £5 for my phone.

Woot? =/

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 02:31 PM
My parents say you are welcome... :rolleyes:

today
28-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Here we go again.

Though i know where your coming from but its down to the govement to change it or not pay or what ever, complain to them.

Jordy
28-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Lmao Ostinato

Is this thread here to wind myself and others up to make us all jealous of you showing off with your free money?

today
28-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Could bee (: Though he might just be happy?

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Could bee (: Though he might just be happy?

So feels the need to rub in the fact he is getting £90 I am not, even though it's my parents who are giving it to him, and he is going to spend it completely on himself as very little is required for his travel expenses etc.?

Sorry but there is no fairness in the system at all and if you are unwilling to see that for yourself, regardless of whether you get it or not then you are pretty naive in my opinion.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 02:49 PM
I'll be getting backpay once my school has sorted it all out, if its sorted by next week should get £50

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I'll be getting backpay once my school has sorted it all out, if its sorted by next week should get £50

Arn't you lucky.

dannyisnotamazing
28-09-2007, 02:54 PM

LOLOLOLOL

today
28-09-2007, 02:54 PM
(removed)

Careful Ostinato will have a go at you. :rolleyes:

Wizzdom
28-09-2007, 02:55 PM
So feels the need to rub in the fact he is getting £90 I am not, even though it's my parents who are giving it to him, and he is going to spend it completely on himself as very little is required for his travel expenses etc.?

Sorry but there is no fairness in the system at all and if you are unwilling to see that for yourself, regardless of whether you get it or not then you are pretty naive in my opinion.

Im with you 100%

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 02:57 PM
(removed)

Careful Ostinato will have a go at you. :rolleyes:

Lol and I care because...?

I understand people need the money and fair do's - but it should be the same for everyone. They don't even take into consideration siblings etc. I mean, I could have 10 brothers/sisters and just because my parents earn more than the cut off doesn't mean I'm getting any substantial amount of money spent on me. It's corrupt.

I just think even if I was capable of getting it and I did, I would still hold the same viewpoint that the system is completely unfair as a whole and I therefore do not understand how others would not also. However - simply my opinion which I am entitled to.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 02:57 PM
Arn't you lucky.

Im only stating the fact Im getting £50, so please, don't give me the cold shoulder. Ever thought it might be the fact that my parents dont earn as much as yours, so find it difficult to get me to 6 Form, pay my dinner, clothe me etc?. I get EMA because Im less fortunate and priviledged then other familys...end of.

Oh, and you Hollywood's EMA is coming from YOUR parents pocket? Well its also coming from MY parents, and HIS parents. Just thought Id slip that in before you claim the ripped-off tax payer act.

Wizzdom
28-09-2007, 03:00 PM
It is not his fault his parents earn more money, they worked hard for it most probably rather than families just relying on child support.

today
28-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Lol and I care because...?

I understand people need the money and fair do's - but it should be the same for everyone. They don'teven take into consideration siblings etc. I mean, I could have 10 brothers/sisters and jsut because my parents earn more than the cut off doesn't mean I'm getting nay substantial amount of money spent on me. It's corrupt.

I just think even if I was capable of getting it and I did, I would still hold the same view point that the system is completely unfair as a whole and I therefore do not understand how others would not also. However - simply my opinion which I am entitled to.
I only agree with some of that, see the red text. I do have friends which actually abuse the EMA and spend it on themself and let their parents pay for everything which is pointless thus EMA is not needed really.

Im only stating the fact Im getting £50, so please, don't give me the cold shoulder. Ever thought it might be the fact that my parents dont earn as much as yours, so find it difficult to get me to 6 Form, pay my dinner, clothe me etc?. I get EMA because Im less fortunate and priviledged then other familys...end of.

Oh, and you Hollywood's EMA is coming from YOUR parents pocket? Well its also coming from MY parents, and HIS parents. Just thought Id slip that in before you claim the ripped-off tax payer act.
Sorry, i dont get you? I'm not maoning, i do get EMA though i earn it as i said in the other thread, i do a NVQ Retail Skills with OCR Gov board, at Dobbies Field to kitchen, i work Monday, Tuesday, Friday (9 till 5) and go NTC on a Wednesday to do a City 7 Guilds Maths, and im currently looking for a weekend job over xmas period.

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 03:02 PM

Yes and I am not making out to be the only person whose parents pay tax here. The system as a whole is corrupt in my opinion and I therefore believe it is unfair towards a substantial amount of people.

I do not know how you can say you are "less fortunate and privileged" than me. Fortune is something that happens to people luckily - and I don't see how the fact my mother had some ambition and stuck in at school and went to university means she was "fortunate". She simply had the self-discipline and drive to do so.

And fair do's - some people do need extra cash to help support them and obviously that is understandable. However I feel the way they simply deem people whose parents earn over that money unable to get it. Like I already stated they don't even consider family structure (unless you are a single parent).

There is a lot of improvement required imo. Everyone or no-one should get it.

Edit: Also people are saying they "earn EMA". Sorry - but you don't earn it, you go to school/college and do the exact same thing I do so why the hell should you be classed as earning it and I shouldn't?

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 03:04 PM
It is not his fault his parents earn more money, they worked hard for it most probably rather than families just relying on child support.

So your claiming my family are scroungers now? You disgust me. My Mum and Dad have a 2yr old girl to look after, so they can't possibly work more hours then they actually do.

And btw...all familys with kids get Child Support.

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 03:05 PM
So your claiming my family are scroungers now? You disgust me. My Mum and Dad have a 2yr old girl to look after, so they can't possibly work more hours then they actually do.

And btw...all familys with kids get Child Support.

And my mum and dad have a 4 month old boy to look after - but they manage it. :rolleyes:

He is simply stating the general stereotype of the person whos parents receive EMA - which you may or may not fall under...

Edit: Frodo the reputation you have left me is so immature it is unbelievable. Just because I feel you get EMA and others dont is unfair you -rep me saying I have offended you and all this crap? Where have I implied that your family are slackers? Outline to me exactly where in my posts I have offended you please.

I am entitled to express my opinion on here and I have done so in a mature manner. You quite clearly are aware of the fact that this is a tense issue and you perhaps shouldn't be receiving it whilst others arn't and maybe thats why you are getting so worked up... I just think we all should, or no-one should. If you are too ignorant to accept my opinion and just want to believe in your own - then go ahead but it is your problem.

today
28-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Edit: Also people are saying they "earn EMA". Sorry - but you don't earn it, you go to school/college and do the exact same thing I do so why the hell should you be classed as earning it and I shouldn't?

I actually do earn it, as i said i dont go college and we've already gone down this road on the other thread, but here we go again.

i work at placements, Dobbies (Field to kitchen) right now, this means i'll be working for them at least 4-5 months on nothing but EMA, this is pretty much FREE labour for the company and i only get EMA and not Min Wage, which is a bummer, but while im at the placement i'll be doing my NVQ Level 1/2/3 along with City & Guilds level 1/2 in maths.

By rights i should be paied by Dobbie's however its still classed as "studying" so i dont get paid only EMA, so dont blame me for getting EMA.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 03:11 PM
And my mum and dad have a 4 month old boy to look after - but they manage it. :rolleyes:

Well mine dont. As you've just said, your Mum is highly qualified. My Mum is now unable to do the job she was qualified for, so is now stuck at Tesco. My Dad, yeah, he has a well payed job, but my Mums lack of income doesn't make ends meet.

Im going deep into my private life here, but we nearly lost our house once, because my family couldn't pay back there loan. I, aswell as using my EMA to help out with little costs, I also am out, working and trying to pay my own way.

Ostinatio, in the thread, you have actually disgusted me, I know you have the right to your opinion, but it absolutly disgusts me.

OSTINATO - YOUR REVENAGE REP, IS ALSO, IMMATURE. I TOOK OFFENCE AT THE POINT YOU SAID, STATING YOUR MOTHER HAD THE MOTIVATION TO GO OUT TO UNI. IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE SOME POINT ABOUT MY FAMILY. IF YOUR GOING TO REVENGE REP, I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU DESERVE YOUR POSITION AS HABBOX STAFF

Wizzdom
28-09-2007, 03:11 PM

He is simply stating the general stereotype of the person whos parents receive EMA - which you may or may not fall under...

Edit: Frodo the reputation you have left me is so immature it is unbelievable. Just because I feel you get EMA and others dont is unfair you -rep me saying I have offended you and all this crap? Where have I implied that your family are slackers? Outline to me exactly where in my posts I have offended you please.

I am entitled to express my opinion on here and I have done so in a mature manner. You quite clearly are aware of the fact that this is a tense issue and you perhaps shouldn't be receiving it whilst others arn't and maybe thats why you are getting so worked up... I just think we all should, or no-one should. If you are too ignorant to accept my opinion and just want to believe in your own - then go ahead but it is your problem.

What this young man has said is your answer to your question. What i would have said.

iluv2spam
28-09-2007, 03:12 PM
And i just got paid for my wow account. 750$ Very nice. GG

today
28-09-2007, 03:12 PM
He is allowed to express his view which he is doing, your taking it the wrong way.

I personally let it go straight past me as i know me and him could moan about EMA all day long. (:

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Well mine dont. As you've just said, your Mum is highly qualified. My Mum is now unable to do the job she was qualified for, so is now stuck at Tesco. My Dad, yeah, he has a well payed job, but my Mums lack of income doesn't make ends meet.

Im going deep into my private life here, but we nearly lost our house once, because my family couldn't pay back there loan. I, aswell as using my EMA to help out with little costs, I also am out, working and trying to pay my own way.

Ostinatio, in the thread, you have actually disgusted me, I know you have the right to your opinion, but it absolutly disgusts me.

Why? Because I am describing something that effects you? If that's the case Frodo then you really aren't going to get far int he world if every time someone criticises something which in some way relates to you to burst out in tears pal.

I think you need to stop being so narrow minded and realise that not everyone does share the same beliefs as you - and relative to this situation I do not believe the EMA is a fair system, which you obviously do.

You are the one who has went into personal details etc. not me by saying about your family situation and stuff. I asked you to outline where exactly I insulted you but, unsurprisingly, you were unable to do so.

Sorry but I am simply speaking my mind here and have never once personally insulted you in any way - if you disagree then I'm afraid... tough.

I have said on numerous occasions I understand some people really do need extra money and that is fair enough - but there are certain aspects the system does not even consider and therefore although others parents may earn more than the set threshold, it doesn't necessarily mean they are getting gave wads of cash when they desire.

He is allowed to express his view which he is doing, your taking it the wrong way.

I personally let it go straight past me as i know me and him could moan about EMA all day long. (:

Haha exactly! :)

I am not trying to personally insult anyone here, I am simply expressing my own individual views on this issue. Thank god you are able to realise not everyone is going to agree with you and you can therefore accept my opinion and deal with it in the way you wish. Likewise I know this is a topic which I could highly debate upon for a long time - and debating is something I do enjoy doing.

Frodo, the only advice I can really give you is do not get involved in such a debate if you are going to take every opinion that isn't the same as yours personally and are emotionally unstable in order to put up a well constructed, defensive argument.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 03:18 PM

I know he is allowed his opinion, which I have given him, but Im reading between the lines of his posts, and the impression I am getting from them is that of rudeness, and unfairness.

today
28-09-2007, 03:20 PM
No but the govement expects parents who earn more then the EMA limit to go carefull with the money, (Not all do i know that, but this is whats expected) And i guess its down to the student who dont get EMA to actually phone up their local MP or who ever it may concern and discuss they dont have enough money to do anything and feel they need help, im sure there's other special loans, college fudns you can use which you dont need to pay back, one college in my town 'KEGS' have a fund which you dont payback, and your able to use some the money for trips, bus fares (providing you have proof you've got no income)

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I know he is allowed his opinion, which I have given him, but Im reading between the lines of his posts, and the impression I am getting from them is that of rudeness, and unfairness.

Pmsl there is no between the lines I am afraid. You can take whatever stance you wish and try and read further into something than is there - as you are clearly doing - but all you are achieving is upsetting yourself by creating some big drama which isn't actually present. :P

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Why? Because I am describing something that effects you? If that's the case Frodo then you really aren't going to get far int he world if every time someone criticises something which in some way relates to you to burst out in tears pal.

I think you need to stop being so narrow minded and realise that not everyone does share the same beliefs as you - and relative to this situation I do not believe the EMA is a fair system, which you obviously do.

You are the one who has went into personal details etc. not me by saying about your family situation and stuff. I asked you to outline where exactly I insulted you but, unsurprisingly, you were unable to do so.

Sorry but I am simply speaking my mind here and have never once personally insulted you in any way - if you disagree then I'm afraid... tough.

I have said on numerous occasions I understand some people really do need extra money and that is fair enough - but there are certain aspects the system does not even consider and therefore although others parents may earn more than the set threshold, it doesn't necessarily mean they are getting gave wads of cash when they desire.

I realised I went into my private life, to support my case, and I know that you didn't have any influence in me saying it. Yes, you have offended me, even if you don't realise it. There are some people in life, when they dont have the same opinion as me, truely disgusts me, this is one of these things. If I have appeard to deny you your opinion, I do apologise, that is not my intention. And I have shown where you have offended me in a previous post. . Even if you hav'nt dirrectly stated the thing that has caused me offence, I have read between the lines, and it the impression I am getting from your comment that has caused me such offence. And creating a big drama? I won Biggest Drama King in Yr11...thats what you get from me dear.

runescape1234
28-09-2007, 03:26 PM
ostinato is just a jealous noob, he wishes he got EMA! if ostinato or wizzdom got ema they wouldnt be complaining noobs. i get 30 quid a week hahahahahahaha and £100 bonuses every term hahahahahahaha hahahahahaha ahahahahaa ahaahahahahahhaha ahahahahahah

iluv2spam
I realised I went into my private life, to support my case, and I know that you didn't have any influence in me saying it. Yes, you have offended me, even if you don't realise it. There are some people in life, when they dont have the same opinion as me, truely disgusts me, this is one of these things. If I have appeard to deny you your opinion, I do apologise, that is not my intention. And I have shown where you have offended me in a previous post. . Even if you hav'nt dirrectly stated the thing that has caused me offence, I have read between the lines, and it the impression I am getting from your comment that has caused me such offence. And creating a big drama? I won Biggest Drama King in Yr11...thats what you get from me dear.

Just owned.

Ostinato
I realised I went into my private life, to support my case, and I know that you didn't have any influence in me saying it. Yes, you have offended me, even if you don't realise it. There are some people in life, when they dont have the same opinion as me, truely disgusts me, this is one of these things. If I have appeard to deny you your opinion, I do apologise, that is not my intention. And I have shown where you have offended me in a previous post. . Even if you hav'nt dirrectly stated the thing that has caused me offence, I have read between the lines, and it the impression I am getting from your comment that has caused me such offence.

Lol well thats your problem mate. You've created some big drama out of nothing and have formed some sort of insult I am supposed to have made even though I have always talked generally throughout and simply said why I feel not everyone deserves EMA and that the system is flawed.

I think we should leave it as this tbh between me and you, as you are clearly unable to have any form of discussion/debate without getting personally upset... :rolleyes:

Edit: To the above 2 posts... First of all I do not see how I was "owned" in any way :S He just posted the fact he has clearly got himself worked up over nothing and basically admitted he has read further into something than is actually there and allowed himself to get upset... Erm yeh... I am soo owned lmao.

Also I am not jealous. :S lol I think the system is flawed. If I got the EMA I would still hold the same view point that is unfair and I would still preach that I feel others who didn't get it would be unfairly treated.
I have many friends who get it and believe that it is still unfair. :)

iluv2spam
ostinato is just a jealous noob, he wishes he got EMA! if ostinato or wizzdom got ema they wouldnt be complaining noobs. i get 30 quid a week hahahahahahaha and £100 bonuses every term hahahahahahaha hahahahahaha ahahahahaa ahaahahahahahhaha ahahahahahah

And your mum sells her body for her job. Kk thx

runescape1234
28-09-2007, 03:28 PM
And your mum sells her body for her job. Kk thx
hahah you sick *Text Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

iluv2spam
28-09-2007, 03:28 PM
hahah you sick *Removed*.

I think thats what you call owned.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Lol well thats your problem mate. You've created some big drama out of nothing and have formed some sort of insult I am supposed to have made even though I have always talked generally throughout and simply said why I feel not everyone deserves EMA and that the system is flawed.

I think we should leave it as this tbh between me and you, as you are clearly unable to have any form of discussion/debate without getting personally upset... :rolleyes:

Lets...
And I can debate, but its just happens so that this particular debate has upset me.

runescape1234
28-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I think thats what you call owned.
*Text Removed*

Acid
28-09-2007, 03:33 PM
I G0T £7000000000000000000000000 DOLLAZ UV EMA 2DAY

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Looks like our interesting debate has been hijacked by some losers anyways... :rolleyes:

runescape1234
28-09-2007, 03:35 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter or insult other forum members.

Acid
Y3R I AGREE

iluv2spam
Owned.

e5back2k7
28-09-2007, 03:36 PM
my bus is freeeee..... if thats what your talking about. im only in year 9 :D

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 03:36 PM
I know Ive just had a bare good row with Ostinato, but the point of this is???

runescape1234
28-09-2007, 03:37 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter or insult other forum members.

Ostinato
*REMOVED*

Okay then pal. Go grow up.

Pmsl Spoilt? You don't even know me son.

Also I love how you try to get all "racist" rofl. As though there is such a huge difference between Scotland and England or something... it's all the same united country pal! ;)

Acid
ostinato iz scotish he iz eetin haggis & watchin braveheart in reel lyf *+*+*+*

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 03:40 PM
ostinato iz scotish he iz eetin haggis & watchin braveheart in reel lyf *+*+*+*

You forgot to mention my kilt mate.

Acid
28-09-2007, 03:41 PM
O SNAP

iluv2spam
28-09-2007, 03:46 PM
Can someone ban him?

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 03:47 PM
*Text Removed*

Oh - bysies.

Acid
28-09-2007, 03:47 PM
0MG PLZ DNT BAN ME I LUV HAB0XF0RAM IT IZ N0T AT ALL GAI *+*+*+*+*

iluv2spam
28-09-2007, 03:49 PM
hahah you sick *Text Removed*

0MG PLZ DNT BAN ME I LUV HAB0XF0RAM IT IZ N0T AT ALL GAI *+*+*+*+*

I wasn't talking about you.

Acid
28-09-2007, 03:50 PM
ME NIVER U GAI *+*

Dan2nd
28-09-2007, 04:25 PM
I understand on the one hand it can help people as one of my friends whos family are very poor can't afford anything he needs for college but on the other I have other friends who spend their EMA on video games, DVDs and sweets which to be quite honest pees me off royally as I have to go out and work every satuday to get the cash rolling in all because my mum and dad are 'well off' :@

Virgin Mary
28-09-2007, 04:27 PM
ACID!!!! SHUT UP AND GET OUT!!!!! YOU'RE ANNOYING ME ARRRGH GO **** ON YOURSELF OR UP A TREE OR W.E. YOU DO

Acid
28-09-2007, 04:33 PM
*Text Removed*

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not post innapropriately.

JackHb
28-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I do not agree with the "for everyone or not at all" bit.
All that should be done is they make the forms longer and do different checks.

I was on 30 pound a week, free transport and free food and they even offered me to apply for a special goverment grant for money.
If i didnt have the free food, i wouldnt of ate, which wouldnt of bothered me. I could of spent the 30 pound a week on transport (Would of came to 17.50 a week) but then that would leave me with 12.50 for other stuff. I didnt apply for the other money grant as i left to go to full time work.

And i have a few friends who are like me, if they didnt get that 60 quid every fortnight, they wouldnt be able to go to college - So your "for everyone or not at all" would be very unfair, as if the EMA system wasn't there they would of been forced to get a job.

I know many people who take advantage of the system though, my one mate aint poor, his parents are quite well off and he has some how managed to scam his way through the system to get EMA, also he works a few days a week so he gets paid on top of it.
My other friend's parents are split up, her dad is very rich and her mum doesnt work but she has shares in lots of things etc, she gets EMA as they see her mum as unemployed and living alone.

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 05:31 PM
I understand on the one hand it can help people as one of my friends whos family are very poor can't afford anything he needs for college but on the other I have other friends who spend their EMA on video games, DVDs and sweets which to be quite honest pees me off royally as I have to go out and work every satuday to get the cash rolling in all because my mum and dad are 'well off' :@

My point exactly.

Jack mate I've said before and really cannot emphasise enough that I do know and understand that a lot of people simpyl do need the money and that is fair enough. But when people are like "WOW I JUST GO £150 SO IM GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND TO BUY CLOTHES" whilst I'm doing the exact same thing and need to work for mine... know what I mean? :P

velocity
28-09-2007, 05:31 PM

OSTINATO - YOUR REVENAGE REP, IS ALSO, IMMATURE. I TOOK OFFENCE AT THE POINT YOU SAID, STATING YOUR MOTHER HAD THE MOTIVATION TO GO OUT TO UNI. IT IS OBVIOUS YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE SOME POINT ABOUT MY FAMILY. IF YOUR GOING TO REVENGE REP, I HIGHLY DOUBT YOU DESERVE YOUR POSITION AS HABBOX STAFF

im sorry, but thats your parents fault? if they know they wouldnt be able to manage an extended family why did they go into one?

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 05:34 PM
im sorry, but thats your parents fault? if they know they wouldnt be able to manage an extended family why did they go into one?

She was a accident...

velocity
28-09-2007, 05:34 PM
She was a accident...
the nhs offers free contraception services.

Nemo
28-09-2007, 05:35 PM
My point exactly.

Jack mate I've said before and really cannot emphasise enough that I do know and understand that a lot of people simpyl do need the money and that is fair enough. But when people are like "WOW I JUST GO £150 SO IM GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND TO BUY CLOTHES" whilst I'm doing the exact same thing and need to work for mine... know what I mean? :PYou just concentrate on the some that do somehow get the EMA and just splash it on personal reasons. Most do actually need it so why dont you quit with that kind of stuff because all you can think about is the unfair parts.

Sorry mate but life is unfair.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 05:36 PM
the nhs offers free contraception services.

My mum hadn't got pregnent for 14yrs, she thought she couldn't get pregnant anymore.

velocity
28-09-2007, 05:39 PM
My mum hadn't got pregnent for 14yrs, she thought she couldn't get pregnant anymore.
thats no excuse. she should make sure first before she acts so irresponsibly. you say that ostinato 'disgusts' you in this thread due to his personal views & opinions. however i feel strongly about your parents actions & as a consequence have struggled bringing up a family. that child was born into a world without prior planning. i myself find that rather sad. your parents actions disgust me.

JackHb
28-09-2007, 05:42 PM
My point exactly.

Jack mate I've said before and really cannot emphasise enough that I do know and understand that a lot of people simpyl do need the money and that is fair enough. But when people are like "WOW I JUST GO £150 SO IM GOING OUT THIS WEEKEND TO BUY CLOTHES" whilst I'm doing the exact same thing and need to work for mine... know what I mean? :P

I spent some of mine on clothes when i saved a bit of it up, and no-one here can say they wouldnt either.

I work full time and pay taxes which probably go to EMA, but I don't get worked up about it or even think about it, there is nothing i can do about it, if the goverment didnt spend that money on EMA they would only spend it on something stupid like more librarys etc.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 05:44 PM
My parents can cope thankyou very much! We just need help, for example, EMA, and I also work so I can buy my own clothes, so more money can be spent on my little sister. My Mum would rather stay at home and give my sister a proper upbringing instead of dumping her onto a babysitter. Saying that, my Mum does as many hours as she can. My Dad also does 12hr shifts. I won't be getting EMA next year anyway, as my Dad is doing all possible hours and will then be earning over the £30,810 cut of line. [My family income is currently at about £30,470]

My sister is given all the love in the world, and we try to give her the best.

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Frodo - I didn't revenge rep you pal. I =rep you at the very beginning of this thread as your posts were very unconstructive imo. If you actually look at the times you will see you -rep me after I did you, and therefore I could in fact say you "revenge repd" me. :rolleyes:

You just concentrate on the some that do somehow get the EMA and just splash it on personal reasons. Most do actually need it so why dont you quit with that kind of stuff because all you can think about is the unfair parts.

Sorry mate but life is unfair.

What is the point in your post? You've clearly read a very few, select posts and tried to get involved when you do not have the slightest clue. If you had bothered to read all my posts you will see I have discussed the various aspects and have repeatedly said I understand some people need it and I understand and support that - but it is the minority I do not.

I spent some of mine on clothes when i saved a bit of it up, and no-one here can say they wouldnt either.

I work full time and pay taxes which probably go to EMA, but I don't get worked up about it or even think about it, there is nothing i can do about it, if the goverment didnt spend that money on EMA they would only spend it on something stupid like more librarys etc.

I find it pretty ironic you say "something stupid like more libraries" as if they perhaps did use the money on something like that, more people would ultimately be educated and there would be less of a lack for the whole EMA crap in the first place.

My parents can cope thankyou very much! We just need help, for example, EMA, and I also work so I can buy my own clothes, so more money can be spent on my little sister. My Mum would rather stay at home and give my sister a proper upbringing instead of dumping her onto a babysitter. Saying that, my Mum does as many hours as she can. My Dad also does 12hr shifts. I won't be getting EMA next year anyway, as my Dad is doing all possible hours and will then be earning over the £30,810 cut of line. [My family income is currently at about £30,470]

My sister is given all the love in the world, and we try to give her the best.

You constantly say how you can "read between the lines in my posts" and they greatly insult and disgust you. Well I could easily say the same about you hear as it could appear to some you are trying to give a back-handed dig towards my mother or something...

It works both ways Frodo.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Frodo - I didn't revenge rep you pal. I =rep you at the very beginning of this thread as your posts were very unconstructive imo. If you actually look at the times you will see you -rep me after I did you, and therefore I could in fact say you "revenge repd" me. :rolleyes:

I appologise. Can I also take this opportunity to appoligise for my past posts. After looking back I realise how I sorta blew the whole thing out of proportion.

Ostinato
28-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I appologise. Can I also take this opportunity to appoligise for my past posts. After looking back I realise how I sorta blew the whole thing out of proportion.

Apology accepted :)

JackHb
28-09-2007, 06:06 PM
I find it pretty ironic you say "something stupid like more libraries" as if they perhaps did use the money on something like that, more people would ultimately be educated and there would be less of a lack for the whole EMA crap in the first place.

Do you really think that? That if we built more librarys then everyone is going to go to them and educate themselves?
They just built a huge library where i live and they are building another big one in Cardiff soon.
Everytime i have ever gone into a library, there were no more than 10 people in there, and those 10 people must have been over the age of 50.

The goverment waste the money on setting up stupid things like that to make themselves look good. If they want to educate people then spend it on schools and send teachers on courses of how to discipline kids.

Anyway i have had enough on this debate, its just going round in a circle with people biting. Grr

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 06:09 PM
Do you really think that? That if we built more librarys then everyone is going to go to them and educate themselves?
They just built a huge library where i live and they are building another big one in Cardiff soon.
Everytime i have ever gone into a library, there were no more than 10 people in there, and those 10 people must have been over the age of 50.

The goverment waste the money on setting up stupid things like that to make themselves look good. If they want to educate people then spend it on schools and send teachers on courses of how to discipline kids.

Anyway i have had enough on this debate, its just going round in a circle with people biting. Grr

Id personally like money spent on libarys. Books in libary in my town are in pieces :(

Stephen
28-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Cool on getting £90 :D (I expect you were thinking you were gonna get these sort of posts other than an arguement? :P)

shok
28-09-2007, 06:16 PM
spam thread mod delete

DonkeyKong..
28-09-2007, 06:25 PM
EMA Systems were down, so i didin't get paid, they said EMA will make the payments thisweek, i should get £220 :D

Jordy
28-09-2007, 06:43 PM
EMA Systems were down, so i didin't get paid, they said EMA will make the payments thisweek, i should get £220 :D
Well done! By next week you'll be able to get a brand new Xbox 360!

today
28-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Why the hell will you get paid £220..

dannyisnotamazing
28-09-2007, 06:45 PM
oh no, you just did. not. do, that.

DonkeyKong..
28-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I have a 360 already lol.

Why the hell will you get paid £220..

£100 for bonus (cause it is my second year) and £120 for 4 weeks.

today
28-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Thats totaly stupid, getting paid for going for another year? & Why should your EMA build up? Everyone else gets paid each week. I really think your lying.

Papershop
28-09-2007, 07:04 PM

Lol that made me laugh, and my buspass is £50.40 monthly,

byrnesiscool
28-09-2007, 07:06 PM
i gt 50 million gps

today
28-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Lol that made me laugh, and my buspass is £50.40 monthly,
Mine would be that if i bought it monthly which i cant afford though it saves in the long run -cri-

Dan2nd
28-09-2007, 07:16 PM
perhaps students should apply for EMA and tick boxes of what they need it for.. so instead of getting cash they get a monthly bus pass.. or vouchers for school supplys sent to them? I don't know just a thought..

Papershop
28-09-2007, 07:35 PM
perhaps students should apply for EMA and tick boxes of what they need it for.. so instead of getting cash they get a monthly bus pass.. or vouchers for school supplys sent to them? I don't know just a thought..

yep ema shud be giving out in vouchers, so that it restricts what people can buy. Im sure the bus company could sort out a way to accept vouchers? :)!

DonkeyKong..
28-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Thats totaly stupid, getting paid for going for another year? & Why should your EMA build up? Everyone else gets paid each week. I really think your lying.
It's called a backdate mate. I should of got paid today but they had notices saying due to a problem with the systems EMA payments will be made next week.

Papershop
28-09-2007, 09:01 PM
yea you do get a one off payement for going back to college. its stupid

DonkeyKong..
28-09-2007, 09:04 PM
yea you do get a one off payement for going back to college. its stupid
I only found that out yesterday because they say on adverts earn up to £500 but last year i only got £200 - i didn't think they would give you one for going back to college, it is silly but ohwell.

today
28-09-2007, 09:34 PM
I get backdated too. Though only £30 a week just my EMA will carry on 3 weeks after i finish the course.

DonkeyKong..
28-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I get backdated too. Though only £30 a week just my EMA will carry on 3 weeks after i finish the course.
Oh, we get backdated at the start, which is better imo.

today
28-09-2007, 10:20 PM
It's not as i would spend it on myself and leave me with no money for bus fairs.

Stephen
28-09-2007, 11:18 PM
omgz! I wonder if if I go into 6th form, I can ask to get payed via habbo credits?!! Or, or, or, 1 throne aweek????!!!

JackHb
29-09-2007, 12:27 AM

Some times the system messes up, my friends did for a whole term and she had a pay out of around 500 pound.

And they do give you bonuses, two a year if i remember, one at summer and one at christmas.

Wiley
29-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Some times the system messes up, my friends did for a whole term and she had a pay out of around 500 pound.

And they do give you bonuses, two a year if i remember, one at summer and one at christmas.

I get 3 per year on certain conditions.
Xmas
January
One before break up.

Toxic-Times
29-09-2007, 10:52 AM
*slaps* im still waiting for mine to be sorted lol ******* assembly and princpality keep mucking it up :'(

Janet Snakehole
29-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Aww. Just to think, I have all this to come next year. :(

coffee
29-09-2007, 11:42 AM
I went to college but i was refused EMA because my parents were out of the income bracket to be entitled, which annoyed me because what the hell does how much your parents earn have to do with EMA, I never ask my parents for money, I earned my own money with my job and it just used to annoy me

Bomb-Head
29-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I got £90 yesterday too, but I agree with Ostin that they should either give it to everyone or no-one because it's unfair however it's not just the parents of people who don't get EMA that pay tax, everyone does, wether their children get EMA or not so I think 'my parent's said you are welcome' is slightly unfair and derogatory.

Ostinato
29-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I got £90 yesterday too, but I agree with Ostin that they should either give it to everyone or no-one because it's unfair however it's not just the parents of people who don't get EMA that pay tax, everyone does, wether their children get EMA or not so I think 'my parent's said you are welcome' is slightly unfair and derogatory.

Well I guess it was but so is rubbing in the fact certain individuals are getting hundreds of pounds whilst others aren't. If I made threads saying how my mum and dad were giving me all that money just because they were so rich I would have everyone on my case - it's the same principle.

N!ck
29-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I think EMA is very unfair. I know for a fact that one of my friends who is getting £30 per week doesn't need it (for his GCSEs his parents gave him £1000 for every A or A* he got, totaling £6k, extreme or what?) I was just over the boundary with my parent's combined income by literally about £100.

IMO, either everyone should get EMA or no-one should get it.

whoooosh
29-09-2007, 05:17 PM
I hate ema.
i want it.

Moh
29-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I think EMA is very unfair. I know for a fact that one of my friends who is getting £30 per week doesn't need it (for his GCSEs his parents gave him £1000 for every A or A* he got, totaling £6k, extreme or what?) I was just over the boundary with my parent's combined income by literally about £100.

IMO, either everyone should get EMA or no-one should get it.
it wdnt be fair if they didnt give him it though

Wainbows
05-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I like the concept of EMA but I know i wont be able to get it.

my mum is a single parent and earns 40k a year. This is too much for EMA but too little to survive on.
So it benifits poorer people and rich people dont need it but what about middle people, they dont get anything.

today
06-10-2007, 06:20 PM
How is it "too little to survive on"..

My mum gets less then £10k a year and i get EMA.

You and your mum must spend out on almost everything you dont need.

Albion
06-10-2007, 06:24 PM
I want Darn EMA money....Anyways its my parents money so nty.

Stephen
06-10-2007, 07:55 PM
fgs why the hell bump this thread :@ Here we go with the arguements!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!