PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry.

Metric.
28-09-2007, 04:46 PM
My keyless entry remote stopped working =( I think the battery might be dea because before it completely stopped working I had to be really close to the car before it would work. I can't figure out how to get it appart =( Anyone else ever have this problem?

lAscend
28-09-2007, 05:14 PM
i havnt had this probs as i have no car but if u are having to go really close to the car it might be either the seser in the carkey itself of it might be the battery
if you are confused phone the dealer amd im sure they will be able to help u :)

Metric.
28-09-2007, 05:41 PM
i havnt had this probs as i have no car but if u are having to go really close to the car it might be either the seser in the carkey itself of it might be the battery
if you are confused phone the dealer amd im sure they will be able to help u :)

Thanks, I phoned them and they want me to bring in the car so they can check the car. I'm gunna go to bestbuy and get a battery for it and try that first..

lAdmire
28-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Maybe you should take it to somewhere that sells things like that & ask someone or go to a car place where you know they'll know stuff about it.

GTA-Andy
02-10-2007, 08:19 PM
If all else fails our keyless remote has a backup key inside it. There should be a removable panel on the drivers door handle for a normal key. Obviously when you break open the keyless one you'll have to buy a new one but meh :P

Metric.
03-10-2007, 12:16 AM
If all else fails our keyless remote has a backup key inside it. There should be a removable panel on the drivers door handle for a normal key. Obviously when you break open the keyless one you'll have to buy a new one but meh :P

The remote is built in the key, I can use the key but I like my remote~

GTA-Andy
03-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh gotcha, hope it works out anyhow.

Adam!
03-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Out car has a key in the remote next to the battery that you can just take out and put back

Metric.
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, mine's like a key, but it has the remote on the top. I'll take a pic and upload it and show you. The key to the BMW is like a remote, but there is a back up key that opens the door.

Notex
10-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Unless you have dropped it off a 30ft cliff lol its probably the battery. Watch repairer or something will probably have spares.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!