PDA

View Full Version : help +25rep (:

cocaine
28-09-2007, 05:54 PM
hey, for my gcse english speaking thing ive gotta stand up and speak about something i like. i was considering doing the history of a tennis raquet company that i use.. any other suggestions? ta (:

jesus
28-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I would suggest something but I'm not sure what you like, to be perfectly honest with you.

cocaine
28-09-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah, i mean you could give suggestions like "favourite..." da da da thing.

,Jess,
28-09-2007, 05:58 PM
You could do music, there's loads to ralk about music and how it's used etc.

VPSwow
28-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Maybe football could be of the overall topic or of your faveourite team and the history or have you get a specific specification to work from.

jesus
28-09-2007, 05:59 PM
yeah, i mean you could give suggestions like "favourite..." da da da thing.I'd just speak about something I enjoy doing, but something which will keep the audience listening and want to know more. If you did the tennis one, not all of them might be into tennis and their attention might wonder :rolleyes:

That's the key anyway - to keep the audience wanting to hear more.

Good luck.

Frodo13.
28-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Do something original would be my best advise.

Cwmbran
28-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Fav sport/hobbie if any.

&
28-09-2007, 06:07 PM
habbo.
habboxforum.
myspace.
IT

<

cocaine
28-09-2007, 06:09 PM
You could do music, there's loads to ralk about music and how it's used etc.

thanks (:

Maybe football could be of the overall topic or of your faveourite team and the history or have you get a specific specification to work from.

i dont really like football :P
but spot on about the history, im into tennis so i'll do the history of the tennis raquet make i use.

I'd just speak about something I enjoy doing, but something which will keep the audience listening and want to know more. If you did the tennis one, not all of them might be into tennis and their attention might wonder :rolleyes:

That's the key anyway - to keep the audience wanting to hear more.

Good luck.

i agree with the "wanting the audience to hear more", i guess i could involve the class by asking questions and stuff, such as "does anyone know what nationality it is" and stuff, thanks (:

Do something original would be my best advise.

such as..?

Fav sport/hobbie if any.

tyty.

Xarea
28-09-2007, 06:40 PM
I'd say Habbo - if you look into it, it's more then just walking around and stuff.

It makes $77,000,000 a year - now that's something to talk about.

cocaine
28-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I'd say Habbo - if you look into it, it's more then just walking around and stuff.

It makes $77,000,000 a year - now that's something to talk about.

erm, no thanks.
habbo at my school = social suicide

Nemo
28-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Maybe a programme you enjoy???

today
28-09-2007, 06:54 PM
LOL.

Maybe things such as latest news articles? Something which will make your class actually discuss such as Punishment in prisions? Ectt. Get me..?

Ramones
29-09-2007, 08:00 PM
I remember doing that a few years ago. Seriously don't do the history of a teenis racket make, it'd be the most boring thing ever to sit through and you wouldn't get a good mark. If you did it on tennis it would be better, even if you don't play it lie to them and say you do. Most people in my class did it on a sport, Football, boxing etc. and somebody did it on hair straightening and make up so theres an idea for you,

Frodo13.
30-09-2007, 12:01 PM
For my talk I did 'What makes a good parent' I think I got a B when I did that, you can get your own opinion in, and even ask your audience what their opinion is.

Naruto!
30-09-2007, 12:04 PM
I have to do something similar, but I have do write a speech :s So I'm doing it about one of the debates on this forum :D

cocaine
30-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I remember doing that a few years ago. Seriously don't do the history of a teenis racket make, it'd be the most boring thing ever to sit through and you wouldn't get a good mark. If you did it on tennis it would be better, even if you don't play it lie to them and say you do. Most people in my class did it on a sport, Football, boxing etc. and somebody did it on hair straightening and make up so theres an idea for you,

lmao, ok thanks :D

For my talk I did 'What makes a good parent' I think I got a B when I did that, you can get your own opinion in, and even ask your audience what their opinion is.

ooh ok

I have to do something similar, but I have do write a speech :s So I'm doing it about one of the debates on this forum :D

thanks!

i still dnt know what im gna do it on ):

Alkaz
30-09-2007, 12:10 PM
food - were it came from
music - band names and were they got them, generes
television - fav shows
movies - facts and why u like them

cocaine
30-09-2007, 12:21 PM
thanks (:

Nemo
30-09-2007, 12:25 PM
z0mg, wheres my rep for helping?

Maybe do it about a band you like? Or... im outta ideas soz.

msb.
30-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Bullying & Online bullying, since ur a mod, u must of witnessed loads and just give ideas of what to do when your getting bullied online etc... Hope that helps.

Ella
30-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I did my talk on frogs....did 15 minutes reseach (Id actually forgotten about the talk with doing other homework) and I walked out with A* for it :)
Frogs are ace n_n you get lil titchy ones about the size of a 5p and ones that are the size of deer.
Do something like that, programmes, celebrities, and football are all done by most people, youre teacher might appriciate a change :)

Wiley
30-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Favourite sport?
Favourite hobby?
Favourite animal
Celebrities / films / music / bands.

JackBuddy
30-09-2007, 01:10 PM
I did this last year, I did it on football and foreign ownerships /foreign players :p.
We were told to talk about something you like, and make an arguement out of it. Use rhetorical questions etc. Just do it on something you are in interested in/ concerned about. Some people in my class did animal cruelty, global warming and the war in Iraq.

Hope that helps.

Ella
30-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Bullying & Online bullying, since ur a mod, u must of witnessed loads and just give ideas of what to do when your getting bullied online etc... Hope that helps.

Thats also a good idea :) And quite a big thing atm.
Just keep it funn :)

cocaine
30-09-2007, 01:26 PM

anything habbo-related in school = social suicide

I did my talk on frogs....did 15 minutes reseach (Id actually forgotten about the talk with doing other homework) and I walked out with A* for it :)
Frogs are ace n_n you get lil titchy ones about the size of a 5p and ones that are the size of deer.
Do something like that, programmes, celebrities, and football are all done by most people, youre teacher might appriciate a change :)

frogs? O_o
Lucky you :P

Favourite sport?
Favourite hobby?
Favourite animal
Celebrities / films / music / bands.

thaank you :P

I did this last year, I did it on football and foreign ownerships /foreign players :p.
We were told to talk about something you like, and make an arguement out of it. Use rhetorical questions etc. Just do it on something you are in interested in/ concerned about. Some people in my class did animal cruelty, global warming and the war in Iraq.

Hope that helps.

I might do mine on global warming, thanks :D

Thats also a good idea :) And quite a big thing atm.
Just keep it funn :)

thanks (:

whoooosh
30-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Whatever you do try to make it really interesting
tennis could be a good one
but dont focus all of it on rackets
add some facts about players
like which players use the rackets
and rankings and competitions

Jamie!
30-09-2007, 01:38 PM
When I done mine, I couldn't think of anything to do ('Cause none of us were allowed to do the same thing..) So the teacher just ended up telling me to do it on Carlisle, and how it has changed over the years etc.

Ella
30-09-2007, 01:39 PM
When I done mine, I couldn't think of anything to do ('Cause none of us were allowed to do the same thing..) So the teacher just ended up telling me to do it on Carlisle, and how it has changed over the years etc.

...erm they built Debenhams and the Lanes?

Sly
30-09-2007, 02:49 PM
talk about habbohotel!

whoooosh
30-09-2007, 02:50 PM
talk about habbohotel!

lol i so would do that if i had to do a speach

myke
30-09-2007, 02:56 PM
hey, for my gcse english speaking thing ive gotta stand up and speak about something i like. i was considering doing the history of a tennis raquet company that i use.. any other suggestions? ta (:

Same here :p

We have to do a controversial issue though.

Good luck.

Janet Snakehole
30-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Why don't you do the topic on bullying?

Theres so much you could say about the subject..

GoldenMerc
30-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I would do something that happens in a school life such as bullying verbal or physical for instance you could get people's storys from here its proberly the perfect place ;P
Ross

xuxu
30-09-2007, 05:07 PM
sports and music is good

Bladder
30-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Post about habbo hotel and friends ;)

Jcshua
30-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Do something like "Lee vs HabboxForum"

Soka
03-10-2007, 11:57 AM
do something, sophisticated and even if your not interested in it be enthusiastic, for mine i did a speech on animal hunting, and did like points for/agasint - i got most of these from the school RE book ;)

and it got me an A, because its quite sophisticated, takes into account views and ****

don't do habbo or habbox forum

Thq
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
seems you like tennis, how about wimbledon or something? all the winners over the years etc?
:)
i did this and got a B :)

cocaine
08-10-2007, 03:40 PM
im doing it on drink driving.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!