PDA

View Full Version : Ema Help [+Rep]

Tbh
03-10-2007, 08:59 PM
what day does it go into your bank account as i want to buy fifa 08 :l
ive been told friday/sat but i need to know :l

will +rep ;]

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Thread closed to prevent further arguments.

Net-Margin
03-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Usually Friday is the average for the students at my college.

L!!nK
03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Friday..

whoooosh
03-10-2007, 09:10 PM
phfft
using ema to buy games

Charlie
03-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Friday/Saturday. Depending on when you give in your form and when they get it really.

dirrty
03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
your posting on this forum, when you get ema because you want to buy a game with it?

its people like you who dont deserve it.

whoooosh
03-10-2007, 09:12 PM
i totally agree
why should my parents pay tax so you can buy a game ?

dirrty
03-10-2007, 09:14 PM
exactly. people like you who were the causes for the arguments over ema a few days/weeks back.

you should be spending it on important things todo with your education, not games. and even if you have some spare, imo you should save it up so when it comes to buying something very important which may cost quite a lot, you know you have the money to cover the costs.

English
03-10-2007, 09:22 PM
MY TAX GOES INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT ON A FRIDAY

dannyisnotamazing
03-10-2007, 09:24 PM
lol at some of the replies, you'll get a slating from Ostinato soon xD

adidas™
03-10-2007, 09:24 PM
lol using it to buy a game, but then again hardly anyone spends it on college related things so its nothing new lol.
and answering your question, ive heard from people at my college that it goes in on the monday or tuesday.

dirrty
03-10-2007, 09:26 PM
lol using it to buy a game, but then again hardly anyone spends it on college related things so its nothing new lol.
and answering your question, ive heard from people at my college that it goes in on the monday or tuesday.
so i guess you know every single teenager in the uk who gets ema to say that statement...

English
03-10-2007, 09:28 PM
so i guess you know every single teenager in the uk who gets ema to say that statement...
He was making a generalisation!

today
03-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Mine goes in on a Thursday (:

msb.
03-10-2007, 10:12 PM
what day does it go into your bank account as i want to buy fifa 08 :l
ive been told friday/sat but i need to know :l

will +rep ;]
I think on Friday

Stephen
03-10-2007, 10:19 PM
*** why can't you people shut the **** up about "PFFT BUYING FIFA 08 WITH EMA MONEY!!" maybe he wants that game? Doesn't mean that he spends all ema money on games etc..

If I was in 6th form and got ema and also wanted a game I liked I would buy it with the money. It doesn't mean I don't deserve it because I would also spend the money on more important things..

adidas™
03-10-2007, 10:19 PM

if you read my post properly, you would have realised i said "hardly anyone" and going by my english that doesnt imply that im saying "every single teenager"
and ty English.

DJ-Vimto
03-10-2007, 11:11 PM
there is no set day for EMA to be paid into your bank account. it will depend on your LEA/College location etc. as far as i know its different depending on where you are

Tbh
04-10-2007, 01:34 PM
i totally agree
why should my parents pay tax so you can buy a game ?

exactly. people like you who were the causes for the arguments over ema a few days/weeks back.

you should be spending it on important things todo with your education, not games. and even if you have some spare, imo you should save it up so when it comes to buying something very important which may cost quite a lot, you know you have the money to cover the costs.

MY TAX GOES INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT ON A FRIDAY

Im only buying it because i have all my college stuff and its backdated to 4 weeks so i get 120 quid..

im only using 30 out of it so it really doesnt matter :l

alsoo...

*** why can't you people shut the **** up about "PFFT BUYING FIFA 08 WITH EMA MONEY!!" maybe he wants that game? Doesn't mean that he spends all ema money on games etc..

If I was in 6th form and got ema and also wanted a game I liked I would buy it with the money. It doesn't mean I don't deserve it because I would also spend the money on more important things..

Exactly ;] +Rep <3

Neversoft
04-10-2007, 01:54 PM
phfft
using ema to buy games

your posting on this forum, when you get ema because you want to buy a game with it?

its people like you who dont deserve it.

Lmaoooooo.

So what if he wants to buy a game? Its his money he can buy what he wants. I use mine to buy DVDs and stuff, wanna have a go at me? :rolleyes_ Seriously what else do people spend ema on then? Because hardly anyone actually spends it on school related things.

Cwmbran
04-10-2007, 03:32 PM
When I went to 6th form, all the students who received EMA spent it on stuff they wanted.
Not on course materials like it should have been.

I think it should be put into your bank at the end of each week or fortnight which ever you have opted for.

Stephen
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Lmaoooooo.

So what if he wants to buy a game? Its his money he can buy what he wants. I use mine to buy DVDs and stuff, wanna have a go at me? :rolleyes_ Seriously what else do people spend ema on then? Because hardly anyone actually spends it on school related things.

Lol exactly. its his money so people can't exactly tell him how to spend it. Its liek my sisters been saving up over £100 of her ema money to buy this coat she wants.

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't see the point in the whole EMA thing, but if you've got it you might aswell use the pointless program "/

today
04-10-2007, 05:41 PM
When I went to 6th form, all the students who received EMA spent it on stuff they wanted.
Not on course materials like it should have been.

I think it should be put into your bank at the end of each week or fortnight which ever you have opted for.
It is put into your bank. :rolleyes:

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 06:33 PM
It is put into your bank. :rolleyes:
Indeed and how is that meant to make you buy course materials and not gig tickets etc etc?

N!ck
04-10-2007, 08:29 PM
EMA is Educational Maintenance Allowance, and you could pretty much twist anything into being "Educational Maintenence".

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Its such a cheek that people can come on here
and talk about how they are spending their money on anything but school
my parents have jobs
my parents earn money
and yet you lot get free money?

Aflux
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
my parents have jobs
my parents earn money
Just because someone gets EMA, doesn't mean their parents don't have jobs, it just means they don't earn as much as you, so really, it's a way of classing people together again.

I don't get EMA, and in all honesty, I couldn't give a flying hoot what the people who get EMA do with it, it's their money that the government give them to stop them from working so do with it what you wish.

,Jess,
04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Personally if I don't use mine I save it and I'm letting it build up for when I need it for something else important because the £30 is really useful to me but I don't see a problem with maybe using some every so often to maybe idk treat yourself.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
i see a problem
because you are gettin free 'treats'
and people whose parents earn a decent wage get nothing free

today
04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
my parents have jobs
my parents earn money
Here we go again, most parents work, my mum does, though she earns roughly £7,000 a year. Thats hardly anything seems the line for EMA is "£30,000" i mean its no were near so im fully entitled to the EMA and stop moaning.

Jesus "/

EMA is Educational Maintenance Allowance, and you could pretty much twist anything into being "Educational Maintenence".
Nice way of looking at it :P

Aflux
04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
i see a problem
You obviously don't get it.

EMA was put in place to try to stop kids on higher education getting part-time jobs and decreasing the general national pass rate, therefore the government pay them to not have a job [although some do].

It's not free, it's an incentive, and we're only doing it for the countries stats'.

The child of the parents who earn over 30k are said to be able to provide for themselves, therefore not getting EMA.

It's fair, you obviously don't get it.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:42 PM
my parents earn over the amount needed to get free money
but i am also 1 of 6 children
2 of which are at uni
so my parents are paying out a lot of money each year
and cant afford to give me £30 a week
yet i still go to school

today
04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
2 of which are at uni
yet i still go to school

It's called tough luck and your parents shouldnt be randy then. :rolleyes:

Aflux
04-10-2007, 08:44 PM
2 of which are at uni
yet i still go to school
So you're saying you'd rather watch someone's grades suffer and them suffer in life as a whole, rather than let the government help them?

So, so selfish.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:45 PM
so you are allowed to insult my parents
but as soon as i start insulting ema
i get like a million -rep

your parents should get better jobs

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:46 PM
So you're saying you'd rather watch someone's grades suffer and them suffer in life as a whole, rather than let the government help them?

So, so selfish.

im selfish because people are spending my parents money on rubbish ?

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not multiple post, simply edit your previous post.

,Jess,
Some people who's parents earn a decent wage get stuff, granted not all, I have friends that all get different amounts of ema and for different reasons they could go on everyone's individual circumstances and give it out that way but they're not going to.

Like my Mum doesn't work and not out of choice and it's just me and her, my busfair alone each week is £13.50. Without ema things like that would be so difficult.

today

No.

The NMW should go up more then 17p :)

N!ck
I've said it once, i'll say it again - either everyone should get it or no-one should get it. Keeps it fair. Why should less well off people need more of an incentive then more well off people to go to college?

Aflux
04-10-2007, 08:47 PM
No, you're selfish because you want to take their grades away from them.

I don't get EMA, and I have to work part-time now; as a result, I know my grades will suffer.

EMA was brought in to stop that from happening, and you want to take that away.

Nemo
04-10-2007, 08:48 PM

your parents should get better jobsMaybe your parents shouldnt have so many children.

They can not have so many children
Its not easy to just GET a better job.

YOU FAILED.

today
04-10-2007, 08:48 PM
As some parents earns more dosh then they actually need and i dont mean the children dont get it, its the parents fault, i bet they buy more posher things then they really need, Brand name foods and all, they dont need to? ITs just luxery really. So the children who dont get EMA actually get it in other forms such as better food, get what they want sometimes and all.

i dont.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Maybe your parents shouldnt have so many children.

YOU FAILED.

its not that easy to just not HAVE a baby
if you get pregnant your pregnant
things happen like that
but people can work harder and get a better job

Nemo
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
things happen like that
Some people may have been torn from their education because of parents like my mum was. So its not that easy to just get a better job. People can work like dogs for the rest of their life and still end up being a cashier at tescos.

Also theres a thing called contraception. introduce it to your parents.

Ella
04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I think people's problem is that some people get £30 a week for doing exactly what the people who don't get the EMA do.

Yes it is an incentive, but tbh its very annoying when you talk to people and find out that they're only actually going to college for EMA - someone even said to me 'why should I get a job, they're paying me to do jack all'.

The thing that really annoys me, is that EMA eligible people get acess to 'bonuses' whereas people who don't can't. I think everyone should be eligible for 'bonuses' - that is not fair, in my opinion anyway. The bonuses are worth a few hundred and are only for people who do well on their course.

Yes the idea of paying people for college, thus reducing the need for a part-time job is a good idea, it extends to all people again. I'm not eligible for any EMA so I have to go and work. So it doesn't really work.

I have to work to be able to afford my textbooks ect. and general college stuffs, While again people on EMA get not only money each week, bonuses,but certainly at my college can get refunds of upto 75% for all their college needs aswell. Some get too much. In certain cases the people NEED it, which I have no problem with but people who use it repeatedly for computer games ect. Thats just a bit irritaiting.

Sorry for the rant. :)

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
I can see whoooosh's point. Big familes with an income higher than £30,000 is a bit unfair, because that money has to be shared around the children and as she said, 2 of them are in uni which will cost her parents alot "/

EMA should bring out a big families allowance. If you have say 6 children and your annual wage is lower than £50,000, you should get money (off the top of my head).

today
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
things happen like that
No, its really easy not to have a baby, simply use comdom's surly your parents went to sex education or did they fail at life too? :rolleyes:

Some people may have been torn from their education because of parents like my mum was. So its not that easy to just get a better job. People can work like dogs for the rest of their life and still end up being a cashier at tescos.

well said ;]

Edit:
To the two in uni they should have jobs themselfs and earn a living and not expect their parents to pay, i wouldnt. :s

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:53 PM

not my fault your mum isnt clever enough to get a decent job

Nemo
04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Wth? She is clever, if you read my thread you would see she was pulled out of her a-level education because she had to move country because her dad was a highly respected doctor who was called over to ENGLAND because they needed him. So know the story before you say anything k? My mum is not dumb otherwise i wouldn't be as smart as i am. GENES.

today
Actually she could have problems with learning, you dont know?

My mum went school, college and got good grades though to get the jobs she want she has to take a year's course (at least) which is called "ECDL Driving License" for a Office Job, then when she's got that it doesnt mean she can get a office job just like that, why? as many want experince thus not getting the job she wants aand getting worse, less paid jobs.

So you can shut yer trap (:

GommeInc
These contraception jokes are annoying people and they're not proving a point other than you being uncomfortable with your present status. So what if she has 5 siblings?

There seems to be a lack of rational thought on both sides...

Nemo
04-10-2007, 08:56 PM
These contraception jokes are annoying people and they're not proving a point other than you being uncomfortable with your present status. So what if she has 5 siblings?She is complaining that she has to share the money with all her family. Its her mums fault for having so many children then, if she cant handle it then she shouldnt of been so irresponsible and had them.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 08:56 PM
you should know my story before calling my parents stupid as well
going on as if they dont know what contraception is
how do you know they are all from the same parents ??
you dont.
my parents are also catholic
so that comes into it as well

today
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM
These contraception jokes are annoying people and they're not proving a point other than you being uncomfortable with your present status. So what if she has 5 siblings?

Its true, if you cant support your family then you shuldnt have one.

And if its "not planned baby birth" then its the same, why have the children if you cant care for them. Let someone who can. :)

Ella
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM

So, so selfish.

No. I think the point is that people spend EMA on things like CDs and DVDs rather than things for college.
People who NEED it, like the person who needs money for buses and wouldn't be able to go to college without it - deserve it.
I think everyone should be entitled to some EMA, if not, only on a very restricted basis - like metioned above, without it wouldn't be able to go to college.

Nemo
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
you should know my story before calling my parents stupid as well
going on as if they dont know what contraception is
how do you know they are all from the same parents ??
you dont.
my parents are also catholic
so that comes into it as well
I didnt call them stupid. You assumed i did and you virtually said that they don't know what it is. Also if they aren't from the same parents its still the same situation. Your mum shouldn't have had so many children if she can't handle having them.

Sorry but you lost this arguement from the start.

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 08:59 PM
But in all fairness, your family isn't exactly in a better state "/ You have no right to comment on her family when yours isn't any better "/ Even if it was, then that's just mindless criticism.

Her parents can have more than 1 child if they want, there isn'tt anything saying not to. Besides, your pretty much wishing half of them dead by saying the mother shouldn't of had them.

She pretty much has the same right as you for EMA when you think about it. It's not about how much your family income is annually, but how the income is distributed around the family. A family below £30,000 could have enough money to give each child a good life. That is alot of money when you think about it.

Its true, if you cant support your family then you shuldnt have one.

And if its "not planned baby birth" then its the same, why have the children if you cant care for them. Let someone who can. :)
Ah but they can support them, about as much as a family who gets EMA can. DOn't judge how another persons parents wishes to have a family "/

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:00 PM
my mum can cope
we can cope fine
we have enough money to go around and money left over
this argument has just completly gone from the original point
that people get ema to buy rubbish

Nemo
04-10-2007, 09:00 PM
But in all fairness, your family isn't exactly in a better state "/ You have no right to comment on her family when yours isn't any better "/ Even if it was, then that's just mindless criticism.

Her parents can have more than 1 child if they want, there isn'tt anything saying not to. Besides, your pretty much wishing half of them dead by saying the mother shouldn't of had them.

She pretty much has the same right as you for EMA when you think about it. It's not about how much your family income is annually, but how the income is distributed around the family. A family below £30,000 could have enough money to give each child a good life. That is alot of money when you think about it.Yeah i agree with the last bit. it should be about how it is distributed. I did not however wish half of them dead, just pointed how that if her mum couldn't handle it then she shouldnt of had them.

my mum can cope
we can cope fine
we have enough money to go around and money left over
this argument has just completly gone from the original point
that people get ema to buy rubbish
then you dont need ema and u can use ur spare money to buy stuff.

Ella
04-10-2007, 09:01 PM
She is complaining that she has to share the money with all her family. Its her mums fault for having so many children then, if she cant handle it then she shouldnt of been so irresponsible and had them.

Even if you claim its her 'mums fault'.
Its not hers.
I think she was just trying to make the point that people with a family income of over £30,000 can't afford what the goverment give as EMA because of different cirumstances.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:01 PM
please tell me when i ever said my mum couldnt handle 6 kids ?

today
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
£30,000 is not much really.

Along with having 6 children, TWO at Uni so there not children, they actually should of moved on, have their own jobs by now to support themselfs, as they are adults.

And its pretty much me saying i'll buy a dog, i wont feed him, he can feed himself in the gardn from bugs. But i'll get 6 more as he seems to live from bugs.

Havign children and not supporting them fully, just love is not enough. You need plenty of money for such a big family, of 6. Specialy when some are at school, or they'll get bullied, hated, depressed, die.

Edit:
You shouldnt actually moan then, if you have more then enough money left over, you'll no doubt get more money then the EMA would give us. Thus shut up moaning.

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Juding by whoooosh's post, I think the mum (and the father, there is one I believe) can handle them, but because two are off to uni, it shows that they're not exactly wasted children "/

Nemo
04-10-2007, 09:04 PM
please tell me when i ever said my mum couldnt handle 6 kids ?By saying you wanted/needed EMA.

£30,000 is not much really.

Along with having 6 children, TWO at Uni so there not children, they actually should of moved on, have their own jobs by now to support themselfs, as they are adults.

And its pretty much me saying i'll buy a dog, i wont feed him, he can feed himself in the gardn from bugs. But i'll get 6 more as he seems to live from bugs.

Havign children and not supporting them fully, just love is not enough. You need plenty of money for such a big family, of 6. Specialy when some are at school, or they'll get bullied, hated, depressed, die.

Edit:
You shouldnt actually moan then, if you have more then enough money left over, you'll no doubt get more money then the EMA would give us. Thus shut up moaning.Agreed.

Juding by whoooosh's post, I think the mum (and the father, there is one I believe) can handle them, but because two are off to uni, it shows that they're not exactly wasted children "/
I never at all said they were wasted, of course i could never say that.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
i never said i needed ema
i said its unfair that some people get it
and others dont
we have money left over
but that doesnt mean my parents will just give me £30 a week for going to school

today
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Then he shouldnt moan about EMA really, he gets more then most "going from his posts".

As they have "more then enough money left over" thus are no doubt better off and shouldnt post things like;

http://habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=3970807&postcount=33
which says he cant afford EMA yet he said they get loads of money left over, explain...

2 of which are at uni
yet i still go to schoolThoug he says "school" thus not college, so he cant talk about EMA really. Along with you'll no doubt get more then enough presents, money when needed and you have decent items in your house, what is your house? Council, rented, bought?

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 09:06 PM
I never at all said they were wasted, of course i could never say that.
I got side tracked :P What I was meant to say is that the parents can handle them, but the children may not be able to handle themselves or do not wish to scrounge (sp?) off the parents or help by giving a bigger income to the family.

Ella
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
How would you change the EMA rules?

Personally I would:

1. Give students who need bus passes, bus passes free.
2. Cut EMA - everyone can have say £10 a week.
3. Everyone has acess to the bonuses. Work hard you get the rewards.
4. People who are struggling to pay for college, can apply to an 'additional allowance' to help them.

What do you think?

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
im leaving now because this is just stupid

Nemo
04-10-2007, 09:08 PM
and others dont
we have money left over
but that doesnt mean my parents will just give me £30 a week for going to schoolThen dont moan? Life is unfair, people get stuff you want to have and thats life. If your mum can support you with stuff like that then thats what you get. Also not EVERYONE buys CD/Games with their EMa.

Then he shouldnt moan about EMA really, he gets more then most "going from his posts".

As they have "more then enough money left over" thus are no doubt better off and shouldnt post things like;

http://habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=3970807&postcount=33
which says he cant afford EMA yet he said they get loads of money left over, explain...

Thoug he says "school" thus not college, so he cant talk about EMA really.
Exactly.

Stephen
Your really ******* me off whooosh

If you don't like people spending ema on stuff for themselves then go **** off and not reply to threads causing arguements ***!

Why can't you get it into your skull that how people spend their money has got **** all to do with you so leave it and **** off away from posting in these threads!

End of. Goodbye!

Nemo
im leaving now because this is just stupid
So you admit you lose the arguement.
Thats what you get versing the me :P

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
How would you change the EMA rules?

Personally I would:

1. Give students who need bus passes, bus passes free.
2. Cut EMA - everyone can have say £10 a week.
3. Everyone has acess to the bonuses. Work hard you get the rewards.
4. People who are struggling to pay for college, can apply to an 'additional allowance' to help them.

What do you think?
I would call it "Education Allowance." It will stop kids scrounging off their parents allowing the parents to give the kids a good home life and back up the kids when needed. The children could then use their 'EA' for themselves. If you come from a rich family, it doesn't mean you will go on to education, you could still skive schooling/colleges.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
So you admit you lose the arguement.
Thats what you get versing the me :P

no
you are just being completly rude
and arrogant
and there is no point having an argument with you
because you have no idea what situation i am in
and seem to be insulting my family in every other post

Dan2nd
04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
This is what annoys me royally I've had to go out and get a Job to earn money to buy little 'treats' because I don't get EMA and no I'm not going to deney my parents are very well off they just have decided not to treat me like a little brat and buy me everything.. I have to pay for my OWN travel expenses my OWN food while at college and I have to buy my OWN clothes and just because my parents not me earn higher than what ever the cut off is I do not get EMA I'm sorry but I find that totally wrong..

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
I agree that you shouldn't be thinking about EMA as you are not in college (or over 16), but if you were, what happens?

EDIT : That was aimed at whoooosh

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM

If you don't like people spending ema on stuff for themselves then go **** off and not reply to threads causing arguements ***!

Why can't you get it into your skull that how people spend their money has got **** all to do with you so leave it and **** off away from posting in these threads!

End of. Goodbye!

lol go away

Nemo
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
no
you are just being completly rude
and arrogant
and there is no point having an argument with you
because you have no idea what situation i am in
and seem to be insulting my family in every other postThats your opinion. I dont really care what you think tbh, im not insulting your family and you have ABSOLUTELY no idea what hardships my family and my mum especially have gone through. So don't chat like my family is all perfect and stuff and getting EMA for nothing when you are completely wrong.

Also thought you left this thread coz it was stupid?

today
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
I would call it "Education Allowance." It will stop kids scrounging off their parents allowing the parents to give the kids a good home life and back up the kids when needed. The children could then use their 'EA' for themselves. If you come from a rich family, it doesn't mean you will go on to education, you could still skive schooling/colleges.

You only get EMA if you attend fully weeks, thus skive from college wont get you EMA along with in my town, college's the teachers will actually tell the "EMA" if you dont learn or mess around thus not getting EMA.

So i would add a rule going along these lines

1) If the teacher, tutor feels the student is not fully taking part in the subject at the time they may deduct X amount of money* from the EMA being paid.

* They may only deduct if other teachers who teach the student feels the same and provide enough proof, and only so much may be deducted no more then £15. Along with EMA have the right to take further amounts off if it happens offten, or stop EMA for 'x' weeks.

:)

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree that you shouldn't be thinking about EMA as you are not in college (or over 16), but if you were, what happens?

EDIT : That was aimed at whoooosh

i am 16 and i do go to sixth form ?

today
04-10-2007, 09:14 PM
i am 16 and i do go to sixth form ?

and others dont
we have money left over
but that doesnt mean my parents will just give me £30 a week for going to school
Why do you say school then. :$

You really dont look 16 either ;)

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
because its a school

Stephen
lol go away

Lmao no you should because your the one starting arguements ina thread which someone asked a simple question in.. He didn't ask for an argument so why start one?

Dan2nd
In my college they don't get any ema if they miss 1 lesson...

today
04-10-2007, 09:16 PM
because its a school
Its 6th Form, not school :rolleyes:

In my college they don't get any ema if they miss 1 lesson...
Exaclty, same here :)

whoooosh
Lmao no you should because your the one starting arguements ina thread which someone asked a simple question in.. He didn't ask for an argument so why start one?

i didnt start the argument
its takes more than one person to argue

Ella

Precisely :)

This is what annoys me royally I've had to go out and get a Job to earn money to buy little 'treats' because I don't get EMA and no I'm not going to deney my parents are very well off they just have decided not to treat me like a little brat and buy me everything.. I have to pay for my OWN travel expenses my OWN food while at college and I have to buy my OWN clothes and just because my parents not me earn higher than what ever the cut off is I do not get EMA I'm sorry but I find that totally wrong..

Yeah, thats what annoys me too. My parents do the same to me...hence my want to redesign the EMA. Its a theory, but one Im not sure works too well.

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Its 6th Form, not school :rolleyes:

its a school with a 6th form
not just a 6th form
so it is called a school

today
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
EMA wont be changed for many years to come no doubt as it works, yes not how some people like (Such as yourself Ella) but its working and its no doubt 70% like the system 30% dont, unless that changes, the system wont.

not just a 6th form
so it is called a school

No, School is year 1-11. Sixth Form is Further Education (students preparing for their A levels in their final two years of secondary education) And not GCSE's so its not School, its FURTHER Education, and has another name "6th form" its not called "school" its called "sixth form" :)

Nemo
not just a 6th form
so it is called a school
Theres a school and a 6th form like at mine. The 6th form is calleda 6th form not a school. a school is called a school. The school is attached to the 6th form and you go to the 6th form.

You with me?

Stephen
i didnt start the argument
its takes more than one person to argue

"phfft
using ema to buy games"

Looks liek you were starting an arguement.. You must of known people wouldn't agree with you so why post that?

Dirrty also was part of it, but he took the right idea and left it but you didn't, instead you carried on telling people "he shouldn't be buying ema on blahblah"..

whoooosh
the only people who like it are the people who get it

whoooosh
04-10-2007, 09:19 PM
"phfft
using ema to buy games"

Looks liek you were starting an arguement.. You must of known people wouldn't agree with you so why post that?

Dirrty also was part of it, but he took the right idea and left it but you didn't, instead you carried on telling people "he shouldn't be buying ema on blahblah"..

no one had to say anything back though
i was just expressing my opinions

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post.

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 09:21 PM
You only get EMA if you attend fully weeks, thus skive from college wont get you EMA along with in my town, college's the teachers will actually tell the "EMA" if you dont learn or mess around thus not getting EMA.

So i would add a rule going along these lines

1) If the teacher, tutor feels the student is not fully taking part in the subject at the time they may deduct X amount of money* from the EMA being paid.

* They may only deduct if other teachers who teach the student feels the same and provide enough proof, and only so much may be deducted no more then £15. Along with EMA have the right to take further amounts off if it happens offten, or stop EMA for 'x' weeks.

The main reason for the EMA is to get teens to go on to education and it hints that teens from families who dont get the EMA will go on to higher education regardless.

Blue
the only people who like it are the people who get it

Well duh! You wouldn't be complaining if you got it, would you?

But some people actually need it, like needing about 200 pounds to get the bus for 1 term

Nemo
the only people who like it are the people who get itThats so untrue and you are generalising, some people do like it and stuff but are also against it because it is unfair on others.

i was just expressing my opinionsBut you knew people would disagree and it was completely offtopic because the thread starter was on about something else.

Also i thought u left the thread coz it was stupid?

Dan2nd
EMA wont be changed for many years to come no doubt as it works, yes not how some people like (Such as yourself Ella) but its working and its no doubt 70% like the system 30% dont, unless that changes, the system wont.

Yes but that 70% only like it because they can spend it on anything they want! I think if people had to proove they were using the money they recieve on things that help their education it'd be alot better. They do a simular thing with benifits people have to proove their getting Jobs interviews and their trying to get work to recieve the money I think a system simular to that would be good. :)

whoooosh
nemo you are the one who has continued it
so you are just as bad as me

bye.

Ella

I know. Tis something I'll just have to live with :P
I don't dislike it, I just think it should be changed. - lol contradition I know.

Nemo
04-10-2007, 09:22 PM
nemo you are the one who has continued it
so you are just as bad as me

bye.
Idc, you started it and im finishing it. Simple. If you express your views then im expressing mine back.

Bye.

today
04-10-2007, 09:22 PM
The main reason for the EMA is to get teens to go on to education and it hints that teens from families who dont get the EMA will go on to higher education regardless.

Yes as i said there's a higher percentage of families who earn less as most jobs only pay the NMW and nothing higher, thus under the 'EMA money limit' :) As i said the NMW needs to go much higher (:

Stephen
04-10-2007, 09:24 PM
i was just expressing my opinions

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not double post.

I reccomend going to this: http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=400000 thread in future to express your feeling about ema.

Ella
04-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes but that 70% only like it because they can spend it on anything they want! I think if people had to proove they were using the money they recieve on things that help their education it'd be alot better. They do a simular thing with benifits people have to proove their getting Jobs interviews and their trying to get work to recieve the money I think a system simular to that would be good. :)

Agreed. I don't want to deny people with EMA their oppurtunity to games and such, but people without often have to work for, couldn't they work for their games too? I do, and I work for my textbooks aswell. Just a point worth making.

today
04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree there, i have to prove i use my EMA for actual education, such as travel costs i have to keep my bus tickets/pass's to prove i use my EMA to get to college. And anything i buy ect.

I reccomend going to this: http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=400000 thread in future to express your feeling about ema.

He'll get a infractionz for bumping :P

GommeInc
04-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Actually, a 6th Form with the name 'school' somewhere inside it is actually a school. It would be called a 6th form school. It's only if it has 'college' in the title, or is just a college then it will be called a 6th form college.

http://www.qca.org.uk/14-19/6th-form-schools/index.htm

Ella
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I agree there, i have to prove i use my EMA for actual education, such as travel costs i have to keep my bus tickets/pass's to prove i use my EMA to get to college. And anything i buy ect.

Thats a good way to do it tbh. :)

Lycan
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Ema Students don't get to miss lessons to releave stress they have to be therre or have to be ill.

I'm happy that i don't get any money and instead am able to go to town and chill for a lesson before returning for the next lesson

Also means i don't have to worry about being late to lessons (lecteurs don't mind but will put down you were late and you loose EMA)

I don't have the money but at this age i shoudn't have to worry about where my next pound and penny are coming from

today
04-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Ema Students don't get to miss lessons to releave stress they have to be therre or have to be ill.

I'm happy that i don't get any money and instead am able to go to town and chill for a lesson before returning for the next lesson

Also means i don't have to worry about being late to lessons (lecteurs don't mind but will put down you were late and you loose EMA)

I don't have the money but at this age i shoudn't have to worry about where my next pound and penny are coming from
Being ill wont get you EMA, you'll not get paid unless you've got a doctors note, :)

Thats a good way to do it tbh. :)
Yup it is. :]

I also have to fill a "time sheet" to say when i started, finished each day and get the tutor's to sign it, to prove i've been there along with reg each day. As 'extras'

Lycan
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Being ill wont get you EMA, you'll not get paid unless you've got a doctors note, :)

Yup it is. :]

I also have to fill a "time sheet" to say when i started, finished each day and get the tutor's to sign it, to prove i've been there along with reg each day. As 'extras'

Slightly more Laxed at my college about doctors notes, but then again i'm not an expert as i don't get it,

My college was at the start of last year, but its been eletronical since, which is alot better i think or have been told

today
04-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Oh right, here's some things which i wouldnt get EMA:
Dont do homework/coursework
Is 10 minutes late
Have a day off as were "ill"
Gets sent home for what ever reason

Lycan
04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Don't Hand coursework in on time.
get sent out of a lesson
... 10 minutes late
Miss any lesson (let alone a day) without it being an authorised leave.
Hell you can't even walk out of a lesson without a note without loosing your EMA.

I just laugh at the poor sods while i'm able to just relax, Yesturday i missed a lesson inwhich i had already handed in that weeks assignment, (meanwhile the EMA kids were all sat there doing?) i was in Town with a friend started of with a nice ploughmans from Gregs then an ace hot chocolate from Cafe Nero while talking to my GF on the phone.

I would much rather be able to have the freedom 6th form brings rather then the entrapment EMA brings

Ella
04-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Is 10 minutes late

Your college is quite strict.
Mine is really really relaxed. There is no register as such, the tutor signs a sheet at the end of the week - but nothing really to do with attendence or lateness.

I still think everyone should be able to get bonuses :P

today
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Your college is quite strict.
Mine is really really relaxed. There is no register as such, the tutor signs a sheet at the end of the week - but nothing really to do with attendence or lateness.

I still think everyone should be able to get bonuses :P

I perfer it that way then when these threads come up and people say you get EMA for doing nothing i can say that list and prove them wrong.

Not all college's are laid back, and all. Depends on the college i guess.

Ella
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah. I can understand that. Still think it should be changed. But knowing my luck it will change as soon as I leave :P

Neversoft
04-10-2007, 11:35 PM
i see a problem

Only peoples parents who earn under £30,000 a year get ema. The lower your parents earn, the more money you get. But the maxium you can get is £30 a week. Parents who earn over £30,000 a year can afford to give their child some cash each week, parents who earn under that amount can't. So thats where ema comes in.

Also, we're not exactly getting it free. We have to do specific things to get it. One late, even if it's 5 minutes, then you don't get paid for that entire week. The same if you're away or cause disruption in class.

Lycan
04-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Only peoples parents who earn under £30,000 a year get ema. The lower your parents earn, the more money you get. But the maxium you can get is £30 a week. Parents who earn over £30,000 a year can afford to give their child some cash each week, parents who earn under that amount can't. So thats where ema comes in.

Also, we're not exactly getting it free. We have to do specific things to get it. One late, even if it's 5 minutes, then you don't get paid for that entire week. The same if you're away or cause disruption in class.

So everything i aim to do you do and get money? just because they earn it doesn't mean they can pay out, Mortgage, debts, loans, food costs, ever rising petrol costs, Taxes. it should be all or nothing for EMA if you ask me, but i'm still happy with my Gregs sandwhich and being stress free

Neversoft
04-10-2007, 11:42 PM
my parents have jobs
my parents earn money

Are you saying that people who get ema's parents don't work? What do they live off then? The £30 a week their child gets? Of course their parents work! Or are you comparing college/sixth form students to parents? Which is totally unfair. Parents are meant to have jobs, which they do, people aged 16-19 don't have to.

So everything i aim to do you do and get money? just because they earn it doesn't mean they can pay out, Mortgage, debts, loans, food costs, ever rising petrol costs, Taxes. it should be all or nothing for EMA if you ask me, but i'm still happy with my Gregs sandwhich and being stress free

Why is this discussion even about parents? EMA is for poeple aged 16-19. They don't have to pay mortgage, debts, loans, food costs, petrol costs or taxes.

Lycan
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
Are you saying that people who get ema's parents don't work? What do they live off then? The £30 a week their child gets? Of course their parents work! Or are you comparing college/sixth form students to parents? Which is totally unfair. Parents are meant to have jobs, which they do, people aged 16-19 don't have to.

Why is this discussion even about parents? EMA is for poeple aged 16-19. They don't have to pay mortgage, debts, loans, food costs, petrol costs or taxes.

You just said that there parrents can afford to pay them if over £30,000 (which is what the goverment said) i was pointing out why in some cases the parrents couldn't , and actually they do have to pay for rental, loans , food and petrol as well as taxes... just because you don't doesn't mean others do... quite alot of my friends have moved out and drive

Neversoft
04-10-2007, 11:51 PM
You just said that there parrents can afford to pay them if over £30,000 (which is what the goverment said) i was pointing out why in some cases the parrents couldn't , and actually they do have to pay for rental, loans , food and petrol as well as taxes... just because you don't doesn't mean others do... quite alot of my friends have moved out and drive

Yeah, thats their choice to move out and drive. So you don't have to pay for loans, food, etc. It's optional and everyone knows that its best to scrounge off of your parents for as long as possible.

2 of which are at uni
yet i still go to school

If you are one of six children then you obviously get child benefits, which is free money believe it or not.

Who are you to tell poeple what jobs their parents should get? Not every family can get brillient jobs like you y'know. You can't call other people selfish then say that.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not multiple post, simply edit your previous post.

It's not your parents money.

Lycan
04-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah, thats their choice to move out and drive. So you don't have to pay for loads, food, etc. It's optional and everyone knows that its best to scrounge off of your parents for as long as possible.

Yup, ITs what i'm doing, only way i'd survive

English
05-10-2007, 07:25 AM
It's called tough luck and your parents shouldnt be randy then. :rolleyes:
What a stupid post! Hollywood sees himself as a bit of a know it all, her parents can do what they like! She's not complaining she isn't getting it, just stating a point. Hit a nerve did it Hollywood?;)

So, so selfish.
That's stupid. I had a part time job every morning from 6.30-8.30 and my grades didn't suffer. I didn't get any EMA 'cos my parents earned over £30k. If you don't want your grades to suffer - don't be stupid.

Some people who's parents earn a decent wage get stuff, granted not all, I have friends that all get different amounts of ema and for different reasons they could go on everyone's individual circumstances and give it out that way but they're not going to.

Like my Mum doesn't work and not out of choice and it's just me and her, my busfair alone each week is £13.50. Without ema things like that would be so difficult.
That's what it should be used for, my tax should go to someone like you for bus travel etc. Well said.

Maybe your parents shouldnt have so many children.

YOU FAILED.
Just because you're a lonely child who doesn't have a loving family, no need to say she failed. If it's easy to get a job, why not do it yourself? Lil scounger.

Actually she could have problems with learning, you dont know?

My mum went school, college and got good grades though to get the jobs she want she has to take a year's course (at least) which is called "ECDL Driving License" for a Office Job, then when she's got that it doesnt mean she can get a office job just like that, why? as many want experince thus not getting the job she wants aand getting worse, less paid jobs.

So you can shut yer trap (:
Shut her trap? I went to 6th form for about 7months, dropped out & got an office job straight away. 'nuff said.

Well said.

She is complaining that she has to share the money with all her family. Its her mums fault for having so many children then, if she cant handle it then she shouldnt of been so irresponsible and had them.
Don't take it out on her that you'll be likely to fire blanks when you're older, infact I can't ever see you "pulling"!

End of. Goodbye!

Go and spend our taxes elsewhere stupid child.

No, School is year 1-11. Sixth Form is Further Education (students preparing for their A levels in their final two years of secondary education) And not GCSE's so its not School, its FURTHER Education, and has another name "6th form" its not called "school" its called "sixth form" :)

Don't try & be such a smart ****. Some people call it school as part of "slang" so as not to say "you going into 6th form tomorrow?" they say "you goin to school tomorrow?" Because people don't tend to say "You going to 6th tomorrow?" Stop trying to be smart, it doesn't work. 'nuff said.

GommeInc
05-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Don't try & be such a smart ****. Some people call it school as part of "slang" so as not to say "you going into 6th form tomorrow?" they say "you goin to school tomorrow?" Because people don't tend to say "You going to 6th tomorrow?" Stop trying to be smart, it doesn't work. 'nuff said.

Actually, a 6th Form with the name 'school' somewhere inside it is actually a school. It would be called a 6th form school. It's only if it has 'college' in the title, or is just a college then it will be called a 6th form college.

http://www.qca.org.uk/14-19/6th-form-schools/index.htm
It can be both ;)

I am with the side saying everyone should get EMA or scrap it in general. 'Rich' students may not bother going to college and at the end of the day, doesn't everyone deserve an award for being in some sort of higher education establishment?

Neil
05-10-2007, 11:54 AM
my parents have jobs
my parents earn money

It's not free money, we still have to work for it, it's just a way for more people to stay in school, I never bought stuff I needed for school, only a flash drive to store my work on, I did and ICT course last year and only used the computer, in my maths class I never ran out of pens or pencils, it is only like a 5 minute walk to my school, I do not need the money for school at all so I bought what I wanted, "allowance" is money earned from doing jobs around the house, this is basically the same thing, I'd like to see where it says "You must use this money for school only" on the EMA website, it's our money to do what we want with it, if your parents earn to much for you to get it then get a job, that'll earn you money

Lycan
05-10-2007, 11:56 AM
It's not free money, we still have to work for it, it's just a way for more people to stay in school, I never bought stuff I needed for school, only a flash drive to store my work on, I did and ICT course last year and only used the computer, in my maths class I never ran out of pens or pencils, it is only like a 5 minute walk to my school, I do not need the money for school at all so I bought what I wanted, "allowance" is money earned from doing jobs around the house, this is basically the same thing, I'd like to see where it says "You must use this money for school only" on the EMA website, it's our money to do what we want with it, if your parents earn to much for you to get it then get a job, that'll earn you money

Actually it is free money... you do everything that Non EMA do and get money

L!!nK
05-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Is 10 minutes late

Same..

And not having your ID on you.

I have to pay around 13.80 4 times a week to get to college.
Which leaves me abit of money for myself.

But my mum has payed for me so I still got my 3 weeks worth of EMA in my bank xD.

Dan2nd
05-10-2007, 02:05 PM

So its ok for you to get paid to do something that I do everyday and for me not to get a penny? My parents choose not to treat me like a brat and I prefer not to ask for hand outs so I had to get a job.. its people like you who don't deserve EMA..

Nemo
05-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Just because you're a lonely child who doesn't have a loving family, no need to say she failed. If it's easy to get a job, why not do it yourself? Lil scounger.im not a lonely child, my sister is in oxford univserity kk. She wouldn't of been able to get there without EMA helping her with travel etc.
Also im a 'scrounger' because im 13. Cant exactly get a job can i? Except paper round but that sucks.

Don't take it out on her that you'll be likely to fire blanks when you're older, infact I can't ever see you "pulling"!

Oh how mature. I beleive i was 'firing' when i was 12.And you are well hard saying i couldnt 'pull' when im older. With that immaturity i dont think YOU will get 'laid'.

Neil
05-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Actually it is free money... you do everything that Non EMA do and get money

Yes but non-EMA have parents that can afford for travel that some people need

So its ok for you to get paid to do something that I do everyday and for me not to get a penny? My parents choose not to treat me like a brat and I prefer not to ask for hand outs so I had to get a job.. its people like you who don't deserve EMA..

I don't deserve EMA?
EMA is given if parents don't earn alot, I get £30 a week because my parents don't work, my dad is physically unable to work and no one will hire my mum, I buy my own stuff so they don't have too, I have virtually no time management skills so I wont be able to work aswell as be in school, I do deserve EMA, I go to school I do the work, I get money to buy things I need, the people that DON'T deserve EMA are people that have parents bringing in £30k a year, if you don't want to ask for money don't
If anything people like you only don't like EMA because you don't get it, you'd be happy to get £30 a week for being in school or college, but you don't so you're against it, now grow up, we can spend OUR money on whatever we want because we earn it from being in school and having poorer parents

Lycan
05-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Yes but non-EMA have parents that can afford for travel that some people need

I'm sorry i didn't realise you could speak for all the Non-Ema students and their parents....

Neil
05-10-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry i didn't realise you could speak for all the Non-Ema students and their parents....

If you're not getting anything from EMA it's because your parents earn alot of money, so obviously they can afford £10 a week or whatever for the weekly bus pass or train ticket :rolleyes:

Lycan
05-10-2007, 06:12 PM
If you're not getting anything from EMA it's because your parents earn alot of money, so obviously they can afford £10 a week or whatever for the weekly bus pass or train ticket :rolleyes:

£31,000 alot of money?

What about thoose with Debts, Loans, Mortgages, Petrol costs, Bills.

Neil
05-10-2007, 06:23 PM
£31,000 alot of money?

What about thoose with Debts, Loans, Mortgages, Petrol costs, Bills.

I'm fairly certain if it's over £30k you get nothing, they don't care about the bills and stuff, they only go by the total amount earned by both parents

Lycan
05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm fairly certain if it's over £30k you get nothing, they don't care about the bills and stuff, they only go by the total amount earned by both parents

You don't get anything, which is the point i'm getting at, Your claim that they can afford it if they earn over 30k is just plain nonsense.

Stephen
05-10-2007, 10:32 PM
What a stupid post! Hollywood sees himself as a bit of a know it all, her parents can do what they like! She's not complaining she isn't getting it, just stating a point. Hit a nerve did it Hollywood?;)

That's stupid. I had a part time job every morning from 6.30-8.30 and my grades didn't suffer. I didn't get any EMA 'cos my parents earned over £30k. If you don't want your grades to suffer - don't be stupid.

That's what it should be used for, my tax should go to someone like you for bus travel etc. Well said.

Just because you're a lonely child who doesn't have a loving family, no need to say she failed. If it's easy to get a job, why not do it yourself? Lil scounger.

Shut her trap? I went to 6th form for about 7months, dropped out & got an office job straight away. 'nuff said.

Well said.

Go and spend our taxes elsewhere stupid child.

I think you should **** off and stop posting here too stupid child.
Why can't we express our opinions on it without getting idiots like you being a useless **** insulting us by calling us "stupid childs" etc Your probably some stupid child who can't tell a penis from a vagina.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!