PDA

View Full Version : Ever been in some type of Minor Air Crash/Emergancy landing?

Puma!
05-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Just wondering, as it is interesting to find out other peoples experiences..

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Thread closed due to it being bumped.

sock
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Adam! has, I think, Onur air emergency landing into Manchester after 3 go arounds at Humberside.

Anyway, I thought Singapore airlines B744 was going to crash into the sea, because we were on approach into Sydney Intl and the aproach turned elft over the sea onto short finals and I swear the wingtip was really close to the sea. :P

whoooosh
05-10-2007, 07:56 PM
been in quite a few car crashes
nothing major tho

Stephen
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
been in quite a few car crashes
nothing major tho

*cough* Read thread title *cough*

And no I havent the only horrible thing tha got me scared was when we landed in luton in a storm about 3 months ago and when we landed, and the front will touched down, it went back up again and crashed back down lol. (I think the front the wheel got damaged also)

Geraint
05-10-2007, 09:52 PM
My plane went funny when we landed on that new surface that they laid in Bristol Airport. We landed and went from side to side on our seats so we must have skidded, bounced or something like that anyway

cocaine
05-10-2007, 09:57 PM
nah, but i've bounced from side to side when we landed at stansted

VPSwow
05-10-2007, 09:59 PM
It wasnt really an emergancy landing but when we landed it was only on one wheel and the other wheel didnt open so we had to take off again circle then land.

However my dad was in a storm so had an emergancy landing.

dannyisnotamazing
05-10-2007, 10:05 PM
I've had major turbulences in the air and that was frightening. :P

Energizer
05-10-2007, 10:07 PM
na i ain't, wee bit of turbulance but that's it.

dirrty
05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
only turbulance. i hope nothing worse than that in the future though.

Technologic
05-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Hit an air pocket. Suspected damage Emergency landing in switzerland.

Medical emergency, some lady collapsed onboard. Landed at gatwick.

Few lightning stirkes..

Nothing major though

-Soph-
06-10-2007, 03:54 AM
haha, the last time I flew with easyjet, when we were coming into land, I heard a huge thud come from the back of the plane, everyone looked around and was like "ooooo".

I have no idea what it was lol, we got down on the ground nicely, I doubt nothing major happened although it didn't come from inside the cabin.

oh, and last week, I flew with grand canyon airlines, over the grand canyon (obviously..),
the pilot was wrestling with the controls for the whole flight, and we were everywhere.
VERY scary, lol.

xxMATTGxx
06-10-2007, 05:31 AM
It wasnt really an emergancy landing but when we landed it was only on one wheel and the other wheel didnt open so we had to take off again circle then land.

However my dad was in a storm so had an emergancy landing.

That;s classed an an Emergency Landing, JetBlue did an amazing one where the front wheel got twisted.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VyiHRq-wX8U

-------------

Nope not been in any sort of Air crash or emergency landing.

Recursion
06-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Nop. Only turbulance. Turbulance makes flying fun! :D

Yoshimitsui
06-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Landed at Manchester with strong cross winds, now that was a funny landing!

But some people where quite scared!

Titch
06-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Struck by lightning a few times, one time we had to land cus sum1 got knocked out, duno how or why? we landed in barcenlona lol, very nice airport.

lScottl
06-10-2007, 01:19 PM
haha, the last time I flew with easyjet, when we were coming into land, I heard a huge thud come from the back of the plane, everyone looked around and was like "ooooo".

I have no idea what it was lol, we got down on the ground nicely, I doubt nothing major happened although it didn't come from inside the cabin.

oh, and last week, I flew with grand canyon airlines, over the grand canyon (obviously..),
the pilot was wrestling with the controls for the whole flight, and we were everywhere.
VERY scary, lol.

Tailstrike?

cocaine
06-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Tailstrike?

tailstrike on landing?

O.o

they'd have to be coming in quite fast for that

-Soph-
07-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Tailstrike?

We were in the air when it happened, so nopey.

lScottl
07-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Oh ok, weird.

Decapitated!
07-10-2007, 07:13 PM
on turkish airlines pmsl the wheels dident open or something so we wher ein air for about 2 extra hours

and on american airlines we had to stop for a suspected bomb in the baggage :l

Nemo
07-10-2007, 07:14 PM
i never been in a planeeeeeee

Kross619
22-10-2007, 06:23 PM
No way man, woah!

Anyway, we had to make an emergency landing because someone had been knocked unconcious by takeoff, pretty sure they hadn't had their seatbelt on.
But other than that just some strong turbulence.

Soka
24-10-2007, 07:56 PM
er i was landing in orlando airport in middle of quite a bad llightning storm so the turbalance was really bad cos we was like in middle of it for 5 mins, and lightning strikes were like outside the plane window, it would of made a good photo but i didn't think at the time cos of all the people on the plane screaming lol

Kross619
25-10-2007, 06:42 PM
on turkish airlines pmsl the wheels dident open or something so we wher ein air for about 2 extra hours

and on american airlines we had to stop for a suspected bomb in the baggage :l

With Turkish Airlines your plane couldn't have been holding enough fuel for an extra 2h in the air, usually planes can carry their approx flight time + 1 hour

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 08:26 PM
No i havn't been in any crashes but my sister and mother were on the 9/11 suicide bombing planes and when i heard about it on the news i couldn't help but laugh

Kross619
25-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Did you just say you Lol'd at your Mum and Sister dieing?

Chadwick
25-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Did you just say you Lol'd at your Mum and Sister dieing?
No i laughed because they both were on separate planes yet they both happened to be the planes that the terrorist hijackers were on.
I just thought this could only happen to me couldn't it :(

L!nK
25-10-2007, 10:17 PM
whats Turbulance ?

Antony
28-10-2007, 06:24 PM
When I landed in Perth, Australia - We landed on one side of the back wheels first and kinda shudded us across the runway a bit .. was well cool :8

sock
28-10-2007, 07:29 PM
With Turkish Airlines your plane couldn't have been holding enough fuel for an extra 2h in the air, usually planes can carry their approx flight time + 1 hour

they can hold much more than that. Infact, they probably did fuel at the departure irport for the return leg as well.

tart
28-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I had to emergency land in spain on the way home frm greece i was crapping it the amount of turbulence

BowTies1
28-10-2007, 08:17 PM
only ever had some turbulance i quite enjoyed it lol:)

Beau
29-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Not an emergency, but was flying into Sydney, and **** Cheney was flying out on Air Force 2. I think his plane had technical difficulties though, and rather than taxiing off the runway, the fixed it there and then. We had to go into holding pattern for an extra half an hour. I swear everyone on board my flight was cursing as we saw his flight take off as we came into land!

Nixt
29-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Not an emergency, but was flying into Sydney, and **** Cheney was flying out on Air Force 2. I think his plane had technical difficulties though, and rather than taxiing off the runway, the fixed it there and then. We had to go into holding pattern for an extra half an hour. I swear everyone on board my flight was cursing as we saw his flight take off as we came into land!

American Vice President would obviously take priority though :P! And I've only ever been in some mild turbulence.

Ezzie.
29-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Naw i haven't just really heavy turbulance coming back from florida (going through a BIG storm)

Scania
29-10-2007, 08:54 PM
not a
tailstrike on landing?

O.o

they'd have to be coming in quite fast for that

wrong. Too much flare and little speed.

-Soph-
31-10-2007, 01:25 PM

I always thought they carried more than 1 hour, I can't remember the exact.. but I was watching air crash investigation the other night, and I saw one about Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961 (the one that was hijacked, and crashed into the ocean) the hijackers made them fly onto Australia - well tried to make them, but their fuel ran out... they had more than an hour..

isn't it a fraction of their flight time (which I can't remember) and then +1 hour?

Dan!
31-10-2007, 01:39 PM
I always thought they carried more than 1 hour, I can't remember the exact.. but I was watching air crash investigation the other night, and I saw one about Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961 (the one that was hijacked, and crashed into the ocean) the hijackers made them fly onto Australia - well tried to make them, but their fuel ran out... they had more than an hour..

isn't it a fraction of their flight time (which I can't remember) and then +1 hour?

you are Right Soph, they carry some more in case they put in to an en-route hold or at the airport in a stack which not many people understand what talking about but few will :D

also so they can do a go around :)

RedCrisps
31-10-2007, 07:45 PM
OMG. yeh, it was so fekin scary =]
this women sed she had a bomb in her bag.
AND SHE NEVER! omg, she only sed it cuz of foot room =[
lmao, everyone **** themselves x]

DeejayMachoo$
02-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Iv been in turbulance but thats it *touch wood *

myke
02-11-2007, 09:33 PM
No, and touch wood. I won't be.

however, i did poopy miself once, well nearly. We were on the finals for Luton and the exit signs started to flash and the plane began to bleep.

I was like... umm mum, I think that means something O_o

my mum was scared enough, LOL. I was like "yay takeoff" my mum was like "onoes takeoff" LOL!

-Soph-
03-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Haha, I remember when I was 10 or possibly 11, and I was terrified of flying

when we were about to begin taxiing, the lights flickered in the cabin - I know this is normal lol, but as I was such a nervous flier at the time, I was SCARED lol!

cocaine
03-11-2007, 09:41 AM
nah but we had some tubulence.

and i watch all these air crash investigations and they creep me out.

RedCrisps
03-11-2007, 10:44 AM

then why watch them ? :)

shiver
03-11-2007, 01:57 PM
no, hope i never am too

efq
06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Storm.
Landing at Heathrow with strong windshear.

2 go arounds and bouncy landing.

I watch it everyday, also some Seconds from Disaster are quite good but dey are boats too ect...

My fav ACI has to be either that 9 mile plunge or summet and the ghost plane.

cocaine
06-11-2007, 08:23 PM
then why watch them ? :)

becus theyre interesting

efq
06-11-2007, 08:31 PM

becus theyre interesting
Yeh defo.

I am addicted to them. I just love new ones but the interesting ones are the ones that are the strangest like ghost plane.

Were its flying on its own and 2 jets are sent to look and they look and everyones like dead nd ders dis man hus alive nd trys to pull the plane up but too late boom bang shufdhsuifslif

utox
29-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Storm.
Landing at Heathrow with strong windshear.

2 go arounds and bouncy landing.

I watch it everyday, also some Seconds from Disaster are quite good but dey are boats too ect...

My fav ACI has to be either that 9 mile plunge or summet and the ghost plane.

dang that was a good one.. i watch them a smuch as possible.. seen most of them now though.

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not bump old threads.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!