PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Staunten sacked as Republic Of Ireland Manager.

:G.M.T:
23-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeh as the titles says.. What are your thoughts on this??

My thoughts are that it is rediculous and out of order tbh. I didn't really see RoI standing a chance in getting to Euro 2008 in the first place. He was handed a 4 Year contract for a reason. To build a squad which is strong enough to compete for competitions such as European Cups and World Cups. RoI was Stauntons first club which he was manager which the FIA knew full well about so did they actually expect him to guide the to Euro 2008? Seems so.

Also who do you think will be the next manager of RoI??
My bet is on David O'leary he has said he is ready to come back to football so that is my reason why. No idea if he would be interested in it over a club because club and international is a whole new ball game tbh.

Hoodstar
24-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Was a matter of time, he's got a record of what.. 6 wins outta' 18? That's 33%.. no way near good enough for a team like ROI.

I see, Souness or O'Leary poppin' up for this one.

Hoodstar
24-10-2007, 01:00 AM
Was a matter of time, he's got a record of what.. 6 wins outta' 18? That's 33%.. no way near good enough for a team like ROI.

I see, Souness or O'Leary poppin' up for this one.

Jordie
24-10-2007, 03:48 PM
not surprising

especially when you cant beat cyprus at home you're always going to become under pressure.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!