PDA

View Full Version : Carling Cup

Geraint
29-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Who are your team playing in the Carling Cup?

We have Liverpool away. Got a good record against record I think it's 16 wins to 8 in the league. Played them twice in the F.A. Cup, won both of them. Hoping for the best on Wednesday I think we could snatch it although we haven't been playing good lately.

YellowParasol
30-10-2007, 01:54 AM
Wil be very tough, u going 2 it?

bigdavecox90
30-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Away to Bolton, should win, but could be a dodgy one!

Aflux
30-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Sheff Utd.

Muhahaha.

Throne Sofa
30-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Leicester City at home, should be rather easy tbh.

RSBusiness
30-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Leicester City at home, should be rather easy tbh.
We have a glorygrabber.

Throne Sofa
30-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Lol.
So every Chelsea fan you come across is a "glorygrabber" I think you need to get a reality check. I've been a Chelsea fan for 10 years now or so, I'm afraid to dissapoint you but i'm not a glory grabber.
I do think it will be an easy win for us, we beat mancity on the weekend 6-0. Of course they'll take the game to us, however we have to much class. We destroyed Hull away, and I'm fully expecting a 3-0 win, or there abouts.

Psychobaker
30-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Good luck against liverpool. but i doubt ull win.

Geraint
30-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Wil be very tough, u going 2 it?

Yep, I'll be there along with 5,600 other Cardiff fans

Jordie
30-10-2007, 07:23 PM
everton at home

3-1 to the toffees

Grindie
30-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Coventry 0-0 West Ham

come on you hammerssssssss !

Jordie
30-10-2007, 10:37 PM
coventry 1-2 west ham

late goal from carlton cole.

Mortalized
30-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Lol.
So every Chelsea fan you come across is a "glorygrabber" I think you need to get a reality check. I've been a Chelsea fan for 10 years now or so, I'm afraid to dissapoint you but i'm not a glory grabber.
I do think it will be an easy win for us, we beat mancity on the weekend 6-0. Of course they'll take the game to us, however we have to much class. We destroyed Hull away, and I'm fully expecting a 3-0 win, or there abouts.

Chelsea fail at beating United :eusa_danc

edible
30-10-2007, 11:19 PM
everton at home

3-1 to the toffees
Aha, I hope so :D!!
Luton away as you can tell by the quote.
I aint going like, but hope Everton win!!

Throne Sofa
31-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Morta, why is that relevent?
We did very well considering the situation the club was in, some dodgy refereeing descions turned the game round to your favour. We beat you in the FA Cup final, :)

Throne Sofa
31-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Off to the game now,
Cmon Chels!

Minstrels
31-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Were playing Bolton, I think we'll win because the lads will want to show people city aren't rubbish and the Chelsea game was an off day.
I also have an online stream because I don't think it's on Sky Sports, get in! :D

Grindie
31-10-2007, 06:14 PM
well played west ham

@xP
31-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Bolton v City.

im not looking forward to it.

Minstrels
31-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Bolton v City.

im not looking forward to it.

*opens can of something for Man City*
Can you guess the name of the can? :D

chanel$
31-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Cardiff v Liverpool tonight at 8pm

Although I don't go to many matches my boyfriend has gone up to watch, I havent got the option to watch it on Sky Sports either as apprently Liverpool football club is sponsored by Carlsberg and their shirts and their ground is branded with the product but the competition is sponsored by Carling - one of their main competitors - who have a strong influence upon deciding which games are broadcast.

Bit gutting!

Aflux
31-10-2007, 09:50 PM
3-0 v.comfortable.

Unlucky Cardiff and Leicester - must be gutted.

Come on LUTON!

edible
31-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Ahh! Yes, we beat Luton 1-0!!
Cahill, 105th minute. He changes us from a good side, to an even better side:D
I love him :)!!

Smiddy
31-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Ahh! Yes, we beat Luton 1-0!!
Cahill, 105th minute. He changes us from a good side, to an even better side:D
I love him :)!!
A good side wouldn't need to go into extra time to beat Luton :P

Let's do the results for everyone.

Chelsea - 4 - 3 Leicester (Unlucky :O!)
Tottenham 2 - 0 Blackpool
Liverpool 2 - 1 Cardiff
Arsenal 3 - 0 Sheff Utd
Blackburn 2 - 1 Portsmouth
Man City 1 - 0 Bolton
Everton 1 - 0 Luton

edible
31-10-2007, 11:02 PM
A good side wouldn't need to go into extra time to beat Luton :P

Let's do the results for everyone.

Chelsea - 4 - 3 Leicester (Unlucky :O!)
Tottenham 2 - 0 Blackpool
Liverpool 2 - 1 Cardiff
Arsenal 3 - 0 Sheff Utd
Blackburn 2 - 1 Portsmouth
Man City 1 - 0 Bolton
Everton 1 - 0 Luton
Not when idiotic Moyes drops Arteta, Cahill, Yak and Yobo. And then puts Neville and Carsley back in the team/midfield, after we were fine without them. And then playing Osman wide. And has our second choice GK in..

Smiddy
31-10-2007, 11:04 PM
The goalkeeper didn't make much difference if you kept a clean sheet? :P

The carling cup is, for the premiership teams, a time to experiement with players, just look at Arsenal's success in it last year with their youth; many of which are now in the frame for 1st team places.

chanel$
31-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Ah well, tonights game really didnt mean that much - it was more for fun but fair pay it was againt Liverpool!
Although it would have been so typical of Cardiff to win after the rubbish performance latley ha...
Dave Jones needs to buck his ideas up....

bigdavecox90
01-11-2007, 10:44 AM
We were lucky, but who cares. Round 5 here we come! :D

Geraint
01-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Can't believe we lost. We played awesome. We created loads of chances and so did Liverpool. When that goal went in it was like pandemonium in our end. My legs are gone from that. Them moments didn't last very long as they scored 2 minutes after.

To make it worse I got home at 5:10 - 3 hours after we should have. I hope we can take the way we played last night into the league.

Jordie
01-11-2007, 06:23 PM
lost 1-0 to the toffees
didnt deserve to lose but the quality shone through in the end
although moyes rested some players the quality of the side he put out should be walking all over us, we hit the post and had a shot cleared off the line in extra time but they had some good chances aswell the 1,800 everton fans that came down were poor they hardly sung and only sung when they scored the goal credit to them for coming all that way though. we lost our top scorer after 20 minutes and that meant andrews had to come on he is useless and has only 1 professional goal to his name
attendance was just under 9,000 and motm for us was jaroslaw fojut and i thourght theres was joleon lescott.

Geraint
01-11-2007, 08:57 PM
lost 1-0 to the toffees
didnt deserve to lose but the quality shone through in the end
although moyes rested some players the quality of the side he put out should be walking all over us, we hit the post and had a shot cleared off the line in extra time but they had some good chances aswell the 1,800 everton fans that came down were poor they hardly sung and only sung when they scored the goal credit to them for coming all that way though. we lost our top scorer after 20 minutes and that meant andrews had to come on he is useless and has only 1 professional goal to his name
attendance was just under 9,000 and motm for us was jaroslaw fojut and i thourght theres was joleon lescott.

It must be a Merseyside thing. People say Liverpool have brilliant support and they sung like 3 songs in the whole match and one of them was you'll never walk alone or you'll never get a job, as we sung. The other songs came after they scored. Cardiff fans sung song after song all through the game. The noise generated around Liverpool is rubbish. Some boys on my coach went in the Kop and they couldn't hear us. In our end we were very loud. Loads of Cardiff fans bought tickets for different parts of the ground. When we sung "Bluebirds, do the Ayatollah, Bluebirds" you could see people doing it around the ground.

Pixel
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Would have been good to see Chelsea go out lol :P

I missed us playing sheffield united but I saw the highlights.
Eduardo's first goal was a cracker!

chanel$
02-11-2007, 09:47 AM
It must be a Merseyside thing. People say Liverpool have brilliant support and they sung like 3 songs in the whole match and one of them was you'll never walk alone or you'll never get a job, as we sung. The other songs came after they scored. Cardiff fans sung song after song all through the game. The noise generated around Liverpool is rubbish. Some boys on my coach went in the Kop and they couldn't hear us. In our end we were very loud. Loads of Cardiff fans bought tickets for different parts of the ground. When we sung "Bluebirds, do the Ayatollah, Bluebirds" you could see people doing it around the ground.

My boyfriend was saying this, I have never been to a football stadium like Ninian Park that produces more atmosphere than there, its bloody amazing.
Its a shame they can't play against the likes of S****horpe like they did against Liverpool last night...

The game last night has gave me renewed confidence in our squad. It was a great performance by us, if we were putting in performances like that in the league we would be near the top by now....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!