PDA

View Full Version : I guess this goes here - flying lessons?

-Soph-
31-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I was thinking about taking them next year, when I can get a good enough job to pay for them.

for those who take them/have taken them in the past, I know there's a few people - are they worth it? You have to remember that i'll not be rolling in cash, and they will take up most of my money.

Dan!
31-10-2007, 02:26 PM
I was thinking about taking them next year, when I can get a good enough job to pay for them.

for those who take them/have taken them in the past, I know there's a few people - are they worth it? You have to remember that i'll not be rolling in cash, and they will take up most of my money.

kool soph go for it always good to see more woman pilots :D

get your PPL :D

Banned100times
31-10-2007, 11:10 PM
i know a girl who wants to be a pilot, goodluck etc.

-Soph-
01-11-2007, 03:20 AM
kool soph go for it always good to see more woman pilots :D

get your PPL :D

I realllly want to get it- but I need to make sure that I have enough money left over for my insurance and gas money, lol - hopefully i'll be getting a job at wal-mart over the summer... pushing carts in 120F heat (haha, the joys of being 15)

And yeah, i'd love to go onto be a pilot - it's been one of my ambitions since I was tinyyy.

Corporal
01-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I realllly want to get it- but I need to make sure that I have enough money left over for my insurance and gas money, lol - hopefully i'll be getting a job at wal-mart over the summer... pushing carts in 120F heat (haha, the joys of being 15)

And yeah, i'd love to go onto be a pilot - it's been one of my ambitions since I was tinyyy.

Just wondering, whats the min age you can be to fly a plane?

N!ck
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Just wondering, whats the min age you can be to fly a plane?

I flew a plane when I was 13, and since then have flown 5 times I think.

GTA-Andy
01-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Solo is 17, with your PPL, any body can ride along though. I would suggest building the cash reserves before flying, nothing hurts more than doing a few months of lessons, running out then starting again a few months later, it's a real pain.

-Soph-
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
How much would you reccomend saving up?

Yoshimitsui
06-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Each lesson costs around £130 - £150. It's really quite expensive but worth it :)

Ailerons
09-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Or, you can get a sponsorship from CTC Wings! That's the route I plan to take.

I'm not gonna take the chance to post the URL, but feel free to PM me if you want it.

Yoshimitsui
10-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Why, whats bad about the URL ?

cocaine
10-11-2007, 05:01 PM
:o url pls :D

sock
10-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Soph, you wanna be a pilot right? So take flying lessons! Only way for you to actually learn. Build up flying lessons and get your PPL and build up your licenses for you to apply for an airline. It also could help going to a flying school like when your 16 which would very much help, heres an example www.oxfordaviation.net, Good luck!

-Soph-
11-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I think i'm going to save up about 2K, maybe a little more, before I start, i'm going to find a job this weekend - probably mcdonalds (the joys of being 15), i'll probably be on minimum wage, well I will be, 7.50..

so if I work 12 hours on Sunday and Saturday, and 8 hours on friday, and am careful with my spending, then i'll have enough before summer.

oh, and my mum told me that if I really want to be an airline pilot that badly then i'm probably going to have to join the air force first, is this true?

Yoshimitsui
11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
You don't have to join the air force no. There are several paths you can take one of which starting in the air force and going on to become an airline pilot. Another way is to gain you're PPL then CPL by paying you're way through lessons with a flying school then going and try to get accpeted by an airline.
You can also apply for sponsorships aswell.

Another way of getting you're PPL ( in the uk. not sure about America ) is to join the air cadets and if you get so far you get trained for free.

Thats as much as i know :)

-Soph-
12-11-2007, 04:21 AM
that's the issue my mum's talking about though, she said I probably wouldn't be able to afford to pay my way through it.

GTA-Andy
12-11-2007, 07:16 AM
You could try to get a sponsorship from an Airline.

-Soph-
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM
what would be the chances of that happening?

Corporal
12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
what would be the chances of that happening?
If you have good grades, then pretty high.
But dont you live in the US? because if you do then join there airforce?
its like one of the best in the world.
Orr a wanna watch topgun now(h)

-Soph-
13-11-2007, 04:54 AM
I have good grades, all As and Bs - i'm aiming for all As by the end of the year though - it's a little tricky because I dropped my lunch hour to take an extra class haha, straight classes all day.

and idk, I'm not sure if the air force is for me or not - i'm still very tempted though.

Corporal
13-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I have good grades, all As and Bs - i'm aiming for all As by the end of the year though - it's a little tricky because I dropped my lunch hour to take an extra class haha, straight classes all day.

and idk, I'm not sure if the air force is for me or not - i'm still very tempted though.
Well i bet some big airline would pay for your classes with those grades, best thing to do is to ring up and find out:)

-Soph-
13-11-2007, 01:08 PM
sweet... that's cool then, thanks :D

patrick.
22-11-2007, 06:49 AM
..Leading on from that, good luck!

Scania
22-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Solo is 17, with your PPL, any body can ride along though. I would suggest building the cash reserves before flying, nothing hurts more than doing a few months of lessons, running out then starting again a few months later, it's a real pain.

Solog is 16 for me, with the PPL/NPPL. NPPL Disables you from flying at night, and in the US - Without taking seperate tests,

Each lesson costs around £130 - £150. It's really quite expensive but worth it :)

Yeah.

Or, you can get a sponsorship from CTC Wings! That's the route I plan to take.

I'm not gonna take the chance to post the URL, but feel free to PM me if you want it.

British Aerospace @ prestwick sayed they'd sponsor me when im aged.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!