PDA

View Full Version : Picking GCSE's

efq
31-10-2007, 10:14 PM
I have to pick my GCSE's soon but I dno wt too...

Whats best to pick for GCSE's?

Something your good at or something you have knowledge about.

Because Physical Education I am good at doing, but I dont know much about the stuff... LOL.

Like breathing nd muscles. well most i do but lolz

elp pls

,Jess,
31-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Do things that you enjoy and you're likely to do well, you'll learn about muscles and stuff. You're not expected to know everything before the course begins. If you pick a subject you perhaps don't enjoy a lot then you'll put less effort in and not do as well.

SAUSAGEFINGERS
31-10-2007, 10:23 PM
u r gna die by gtn run ovr by a sheep in a trctor wiv a helmet on
so ders no point pikin gcse's
so jst go av fun in stead bbe call me xxx

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not make spam/pointless posts.

&
31-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Noone can tell you what to pick, what other pick is what they enjoy doing and what they want to know more about.

in your case of PE - you do theory aswell so dont worry :)

RandomManJay
31-10-2007, 10:24 PM
If you choose GCSEs which you know you wont enjoy, or you don't like the teachers, it doesn't matter how good you are at the subject, you wont do as well as you want. Like Jess said, pick something you like, and you'll do well :P

Recursion
31-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Do a mix, a couple you enjoy, a couple you know about. I know about geography, I was interested in Business and I picked French as people with a language are more likely to get a higher paid job and more of a chance to get into university now that a language is optional.

Virgin Mary
31-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Pick whatever you like. GCSEs aren't like A levels in the sense that people won't care if you did doss subjects.

The Undertaker
31-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I would say do like 1 or 2 subjects you enjoy, and then the rest with things you are good at.
French is very good for the future and tbh i find it fairly simple.
Also Business Studies is a pretty interesting options aswell.

Throne Sofa
01-11-2007, 12:14 AM
Whatever tickles your fancy.
Whatever your interested in, bear in mind you can change this 2 weeks or so into year 10 probably.

efq
01-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks, P.E will defo be one then. ;D

I added rep+ to everyone except that guy with sheep with hat on lolll.
actually rep+ for dat.

,Jess, i need to spread.

LOLROB
01-11-2007, 02:50 PM
yes i would take subjects u like

i took Ict, buisness studies , history and DT

Stephen
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
*Text Removed* why does it keep double posting me :@

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter.

Stephen
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Just choose what you want to do and what you think you'd be good at.

Wizzdom
01-11-2007, 03:25 PM
If you tend on going to University, make sure you look at what types of courses you will want to do. Search those courses and see what the requirements are and what subjects may help.

Best of luck :)

Fifteen
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Pick what you enjoy/are good at
and based around what you want to do for your A levels.

I picked ICT, Systems & contols & Geography for my GCSEs :)

Bibliophobia
01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
i picked art, geography and history

xD

tart
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM
i picked drama, geography, art and resistant materials

i suggest you do things you enjoy :D

reindeer.
01-11-2007, 06:32 PM
um, don't choose ICT.

laffin
01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
The subjects I am good at are the areas I want to go into. I am doing business studies, history, Spanish (I have to take that since I got to a language college) and Geography or IT still haven't choosen one of those. Do what you really want to do and you will reach that target.

Recursion
01-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Pick whatever you like. GCSEs aren't like A levels in the sense that people won't care if you did doss subjects.

GCSEs are basically what plan your life. **** them up and your ****** for the rest of your life.

peterwill
01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Like everybody has said already pick what you like, however pick what you are good at too!

Many people make the mistake of picking music/art/drama because they think that it's a free fun lesson that they can mess around in. But it just anonys other people when you have people messing around when you're trying to compose etc. So :)

Pick wisely...

LiveToDie
01-11-2007, 11:58 PM
When i picked my GCSEs i picked:

Business, IT, Sociology and Electronics

My school had a system of which after the first two weeks of year 10 you had the option of changing your subjects.

I didnt like Electronics and changed it for german.

Find out if your school offers a simmilar system and it kinda takes away a bit of the stress since its less "omg i have to decide my life NOW." since you get to test drive the subjects so you optimize your choices

Frodo13.
02-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Id make sure you pick a wide range of subjects, and not just pick all things are similar. At GCSE I chose Drama, French, History and Business Studies all of which are quite diffrent from each other. If you do this, it keeps your options open I guess :)

Just incase anyone is interested I chose History, Business, Law and English Lit for A Level.

DeejayMachoo$
02-11-2007, 09:19 PM
dont pick stuff because your friends arnt doing it.

-:Undertaker:-
03-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Music/Drama/Dance/Media Studies are really pointless to be honest, maybe not Music but especially Drama and the others - They will get you nowhere.

It's best to stick with History/Geography, I took them and Travel and Tourism because it's like extra Geography and there was nothing else to take.

efq
03-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Ill choose P.E, ICT, Geography and Art and maybe more..

ICT and P.E because Im excellent at both.

tart
03-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Music/Drama/Dance/Media Studies are really pointless to be honest, maybe not Music but especially Drama and the others - They will get you nowhere.

It's best to stick with History/Geography, I took them and Travel and Tourism because it's like extra Geography and there was nothing else to take.

actually drama can show that you have confidents and if you want to do something in the drama area e.g. actor, teacher will obviously help.

efq
03-11-2007, 11:53 AM
yeh drama cud elp u.

if u wna become a suckup like zac efron nd vanessa hudgens

Zehro
03-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Do whatever you want

Im doing

English
Maths
Religion
History
ICT
Buisness Studies
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

And maybe i'll start Geography since ive got A levels in Spanish and German.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!