PDA

View Full Version : Fa Cup 1st Round

Jordie
10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
we drew 1-1 with brentford awful game with awful finishing
how david edwards didnt score for us ill never know.

who you play?

Grainger@CUFC
10-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Drew 1-1 with Grimsby, but we didn't deserve to.

First half we were god awful. Couldn't string two passes together for love nor money. They took the lead on 28 minutes after a cross field ball found Paul Bolland and he rifled in a well taken volley off the bar from a tight angle. That was all that happened in the first half really :rolleyes:.

Second half we were better, but only after Jeff Smith and Danny Carlton came on. We had a couple of chances cleared off the line and a few going just past the post. We eventually drew level after heaps of pressure. Zigor Aranalde scored a penalty after Tom Newey had been sent off for his second yellow - handling Bridge-Wilkinson's cross while leaping for a header. After that, it was all Carlisle, but we couldn't find another goal.

In the hat I suppose, but we were terrible. An attendance of barely over 5000 was atrocious. Where have the 8000 or so Carlisle fans gone from last week :S, talk about not being loyal. Anyways, JPT on Tuesday night against Stockport and hoping for a massive improvement on today.

Well done to Barrow as well who drew with Bournemouth to get into the draw :D.

danny-dyer
10-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Won 2-1 thanks to roberts and paytner =)
2nd round here we come.

Aflux
10-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Oldham, 2-2.

Hayter ftw.

SHOKER
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
lost 2-1 to barnet i dont wanna talk about it absolute disgrace. the players and officials we need to get some players in on janurary. and he officials need to get shot or ref sunday league games the amount of booes coming from the ground

Elliott$
10-11-2007, 07:24 PM
luton mate?

Jordie
10-11-2007, 07:26 PM
lost 2-1 to barnet i dont wanna talk about it absolute disgrace. the players and officials we need to get some players in on janurary. and he officials need to get shot or ref sunday league games the amount of booes coming from the ground

i did warn you not to get complacent but you were writing barnet off weeks ago luton and gillingham have the worst away records in our league so it was on the cards for you to get beaten today

SHOKER
10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Suppose youre right i knew you was right that gills amazingly dreadful away form for years and barnet doing good at home lost only once

Jordie
10-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Suppose youre right i knew you was right that gills amazingly dreadful away form for years and barnet doing good at home lost only once

its the same with us our home form is amazing not many teams will come to the kenny and go home with 3 points but our away form is awful and no doubt we'll lose the replay against brentford next tuesday.

:G.M.T:
10-11-2007, 07:40 PM
We (Bradford City) had Chester at home. Final score 1-0. Goal came from Peter Thorne header to far corner.

Referee was an absolute disgrace tbh got a lot of decisions wrong and wasn't too shy to show a yellow card. We got a player sent off 2 minutes before half time which was a shocking decision again tbh.

The attendance was quite poor considering the attendances we have been getting in the league 9000 down on the gam on Tuesday evening. But from where I was sat the atmosphere was good at times.

Heres hoping we get Leeds in the cup :D

Jordie
10-11-2007, 07:43 PM
We (Bradford City) had Chester at home. Final score 1-0. Goal came from Peter Thorne header to far corner.

Referee was an absolute disgrace tbh got a lot of decisions wrong and wasn't too shy to show a yellow card. We got a player sent off 2 minutes before half time which was a shocking decision again tbh.

The attendance was quite poor considering the attendances we have been getting in the league 9000 down on the gam on Tuesday evening. But from where I was sat the atmosphere was good at times.

Heres hoping we get Leeds in the cup :D

least you're into the next round and chester arent doing to badly i think they're 2nd in league 2? leeds have to overcome hereford at elland road yet sounds like an easy one for leeds but never write a team off in the fa cup.

SHOKER
10-11-2007, 07:48 PM
its the same with us our home form is amazing not many teams will come to the kenny and go home with 3 points but our away form is awful and no doubt we'll lose the replay against brentford next tuesday.
always have hope

but yeah gills third worst defense (28) in football league with derby (31) southampton (33)

i swear we are cursed

same happened last season cant remember excatly and cba comparing on skysports from last season but in the top 5 worst defenses :/

:G.M.T:
10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
least you're into the next round and chester arent doing to badly i think they're 2nd in league 2? leeds have to overcome hereford at elland road yet sounds like an easy one for leeds but never write a team off in the fa cup.
Yeh we have done incredibly well tbh we hadn't had a win in what? Last 7 games until Tuesday when we played Chester in cup and beat them 2-1 what a game that was and to come out with a 1-0 win today with playing with 10 men for the 2nd half i think is something to be proud of :D

Aye would be good if Leeds went through the next round and we got them at home ooo I would love that xD.

YellowParasol
11-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Beat Wrexham at home 4-1, hat trick from Craig Mackail-Smith and a goal from Aaron Mclean we were 3-0 up before they scored then we got a 4th

Jordie
11-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Beat Wrexham at home 4-1, hat trick from Craig Mackail-Smith and a goal from Aaron Mclean we were 3-0 up before they scored then we got a 4th

good win:)
i saw their mistake when mackail-smith had to just tap it into the net lol:P

Andeeh
11-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Brighton Drew 1 - 1 a late goal ;)

Grainger@CUFC
11-11-2007, 05:46 PM
i saw their mistake when mackail-smith had to just tap it into the net lol:P

Former Carlisle keeper Antony Williams :eusa_whis.

Malachy
11-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Wayne Gray put us ahead on 16 mins. Then they scored in last 10 mins of game ;l
Great news from the 2nd round draw though - if we get through we get Rushden&Diamonds. We should hammer Rovers in replay tbh

Orient 1-1 Bristol Rovers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!