PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but im glad england lost!

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:03 AM
I support england in every way, but im glad that the lost and did not qualify. It will take something like this to make england realise that they do not perfrom up to the standards. Every time we play football to qualify to get into either the world cup or euro cup we have always scrape by and then have never played brilliantly.
Steve McClaren deserves to be sacked, his tactics were poor and formation was unbelievable .
Lets hope the new manager will not make the same mistakes and the team will open their eyes and stop relaxing!

Awfy
22-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I love it, as I'm Scottish :D

bigdavecox90
I support england in every way, but im glad that the lost and did not qualify. It will take something like this to make england realise that they do not perfrom up to the standards. Every time we play football to qualify to get into either the world cup or euro cup we have always scrape by and then have never played brilliantly.
Steve McClaren deserves to be sacked, his tactics were poor and formation was unbelievable .
Lets hope the new manager will not make the same mistakes and the team will open their eyes and stop relaxing!

Yeah true in a way, but I'm not glad. It just shows how poorly England perform, as I said in another post, if the likes of Poland and Croatia qualify and "world class" England don't!?

bigdavecox90
I love it, as I'm Scottish :D

:eusa_whis Sorry for double post mods.

Awfy
22-11-2007, 10:05 AM
England aren't a good team, well not the UK's best team. Scotland was well on the way to qualify and we had the hardest group. Yet see how well we done? Still it will get no mention in the news. As we're not England.

bigdavecox90
22-11-2007, 10:07 AM
England aren't a good team, well not the UK's best team. Scotland was well on the way to qualify and we had the hardest group. Yet see how well we done? Still it will get no mention in the news. As we're not England.

England are the UK's best team, by far. But I am not going to **** off Scotland, like you are England. :)

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:08 AM

I was wanting scotland to win so bad and they had so many chances but just couldnt put them in the back of the net :(

Awfy
22-11-2007, 10:09 AM
England aren't the best UK team. They were in an very easy group and still didn't qualify. Scotland was up against France and Italy, beating them on occasions and causing them trouble. It was down to the final goal before Scotland got put out. At the state England are in they wouldn't stand a chance against Italy or France. Seeing as they are both the greatest teams in the world.

bigdavecox90
22-11-2007, 10:10 AM
England aren't the best UK team. They were in an very easy group and still didn't qualify. Scotland was up against France and Italy, beating them on occasions and causing them trouble. It was down to the final goal before Scotland got put out. At the state England are in they wouldn't stand a chance against Italy or France. Seeing as they are both the greatest teams in the world.

But still Scotland didn't qualify either, so you can't really say much? ;)

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:11 AM

You defo cant disagree with that!

bigdavecox90
22-11-2007, 10:13 AM

I'm not disagreeing mate, England were poor, but then as I said, Scotland didn't qualify either so....

Awfy
22-11-2007, 10:13 AM
But still Scotland didn't qualify either, so you can't really say much? ;)
Yeah, we didn't qualify as we're a lot lower in the FIFA rankings compared to France and Italy. You guys had easy teams and didn't qualify. I say there should be a Friendly between England and Scotland. With Scotland's new younger and improve team you wouldn't stand a chance. Your team is filled with oldies.

bigdavecox90
22-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah, we didn't qualify as we're a lot lower in the FIFA rankings compared to France and Italy. You guys had easy teams and didn't qualify. I say there should be a Friendly between England and Scotland. With Scotland's new younger and improve team you wouldn't stand a chance. Your team is filled with oldies.

HAHA LMAO!

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:17 AM

tbh Scotland are the better team.

bigdavecox90
22-11-2007, 10:17 AM
tbh Scotland are the better team.

Mate, you're sposed to be friggin' English!!!

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Mate, you're sposed to be friggin' English!!!

Actully im Canadian but i support england.

bigdavecox90
22-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Actully im Canadian but i support england.

Fair enough! But if you were truly English as moi, then you would realise how passionate I feel about this topic.

Awfy
22-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, but England have had their time. Now it's Scotland's turn. We have a much stronger team and better supporters. The pure amount of riots the English supporters cause. The Tarten Army is the best in the world, we go to games cheer on our team then leave without causing riots.

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Fair enough! But if you were truly English as moi, then you would realise how passionate I feel about this topic.

I can respect that:).

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, but England have had their time. Now it's Scotland's turn. We have a much stronger team and better supporters. The pure amount of riots the English supporters cause. The Tarten Army is the best in the world, we go to games cheer on our team then leave without causing riots.
cant say that is entirely true, brazil's fans are pretty loud and dedicated.

soz double post plz dnt infract

Awfy
22-11-2007, 10:32 AM
They wouldn't be dedicated if Brazil had a bad team. I will admit for the previous years, Scotland had an awful team. Struggling to get anywhere. Yet our supporters still went with them cheering them on. Only now it's paying off with a great team.

Viruz
22-11-2007, 10:36 AM
They wouldn't be dedicated if Brazil had a bad team. I will admit for the previous years, Scotland had an awful team. Struggling to get anywhere. Yet our supporters still went with them cheering them on. Only now it's paying off with a great team.

lol :)

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 12:46 PM

Im sorry mate but I believe Northern Ireland had the hardest group, considering at the start of the campaign we were ranked 111th in the world and were the 6th seed pod for the world cup draw.

Now after beating spain, denmark sweden and others in our group, we are third group seeds and are ranked 32 in the world. I know scotland played brilliantly and I loved seeing them do so well, but they already were a good team and we werent, I think out of all the home nations Northern Ireland had the best campaign, to be in with a chance in the very last match is incredible for our country of 1 million people and im extremely proud to support the green and white army :)

Viruz
22-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Im sorry mate but I believe Northern Ireland had the hardest group, considering at the start of the campaign we were ranked 111th in the world and were the 6th seed pod for the world cup draw.

Now after beating spain, denmark sweden and others in our group, we are third group seeds and are ranked 32 in the world. I know scotland played brilliantly and I loved seeing them do so well, but they already were a good team and we werent, I think out of all the home nations Northern Ireland had the best campaign, to be in with a chance in the very last match is incredible for our country of 1 million people and im extremely proud to support the green and white army :)

Well done NI I guess:)

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Cheers viruz and bad luck for England I suppose, I always like to see one home nation in it but there you go, will just show every home nation to play harder and better to improve for the world cup.

Viruz
22-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Cheers viruz and bad luck for England I suppose, I always like to see one home nation in it but there you go, will just show every home nation to play harder and better to improve for the world cup.

Yup, England need to pull their socks up and stop relaxing when they get 1 nil up.

22-11-2007, 03:29 PM
GO ENGLAND

Viruz
22-11-2007, 03:39 PM
GO ENGLAND

Ive got some bad news for you England arn't going ne where they didnt qualify :rolleyes:

Hazza
22-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm glad they lost as well, it will prove to them that they cannot keep playing like they are, maybe it's opened some players minds - I'm also glad McClaren is gone because he was absoulutely useless - C'mon England we could do it if we tried.

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 03:42 PM
GO ENGLAND

rofl americans these days :rolleyes:

JFolan
22-11-2007, 03:45 PM
There is a cup getting set up for British teams in summer for us all :D
so at long last we will see the best team really is.

An the fact that people still think england is the best in UK is funny u drew on points with Israel which is a disgusting for being "world class team" if you ask me england players are getting to old now a days they need to get new life to contend in cups.

i am half english half scottish i aint going on sides but, as fans of both Scotland are a far better team than england now, if england was in Scotland's group they would have finished at least 4th.

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 03:52 PM
There is a cup getting set up for British teams in summer for us all :D
so at long last we will see the best team really is.

An the fact that people still think england is the best in UK is funny u drew on points with Israel which is a disgusting for being "world class team" if you ask me england players are getting to old now a days they need to get new life to contend in cups.

i am half english half scottish i aint going on sides but, as fans of both Scotland are a far better team than england now, if england was in Scotland's group they would have finished at least 4th.

I dont think thats exactly true, I dont think the current batch of england players are really all that brilliant but they do have some immense young talent waiting in the wings such as walcott huddlestone hoyte etc. Scotland do have their best team for years right now and they have been doing great, I just dont think the space of one year determines a team is better than another, if you look at the past 30 or 40 years neither have won anything but going on the world rankings point system England are the better team.

--ss--
22-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Get rid of Mclaren and bring back sven , Only reason Mclaren got hired was due to them wanting a English manager >.<

Aflux
22-11-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

"You defo cant disagree with FIFA"

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html

"You defo cant disagree with FIFA"

Those arent up to date because Northern Ireland is higher than the Republic now, wait until the results come out for the end of this month, Scotland should be ahead of England.

JFolan
22-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I dont think thats exactly true, I dont think the current batch of england players are really all that brilliant but they do have some immense young talent waiting in the wings such as walcott huddlestone hoyte etc. Scotland do have their best team for years right now and they have been doing great, I just dont think the space of one year determines a team is better than another, if you look at the past 30 or 40 years neither have won anything but going on the world rankings point system England are the better team.the rankings aint been updated yet m8 ;) an hence scotland was 60th whn the euro games started england was 9th so you can see scotland have owned england in going up in rankings an plus we beat better teams you had a silly group tht cant feed there familys an are in war or summit scotland had the world champ an runner ups to fight off an done a very good job of it all but lost out in the last mins if you are a true football fan and cant see that scotland is a better team than england now u are rather stupid, your heart may say england which it should but ur brain says scotland logic my friend logic.

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 04:10 PM
the rankings aint been updated yet m8 ;) an hence scotland was 60th whn the euro games started england was 9th so you can see scotland have owned england in going up in rankings an plus we beat better teams you had a silly group tht cant feed there familys an are in war or summit scotland had the world champ an runner ups to fight off an done a very good job of it all but lost out in the last mins if you are a true football fan and cant see that scotland is a better team than england now u are rather stupid, your heart may say england which it should but ur brain says scotland logic my friend logic.

Sorry I shouldnt of said about the ranking system because I forgot it has been updated. I like scotland far more than england because alan hutton is a fantastic player and I think he has a chance to be great for you. I just remember scottish fans during and before this campaign claiming that England fans boasted alot and they DO but dont get a big head because you almost qualified, the fact is none of our countries did because they just arent good enough.

I can settle for being proud of Northern Ireland because we have a population of 1 million rose from 111th to 32nd and from 6th seed to third seed and thats improvement in my eyes, thats how far our players have come (dont forget our striker david healy is the campaigns top goalscorer) and I cant wait until the world cup qualifiers!

JFolan
22-11-2007, 04:14 PM
next time u see all the british teams play is in 6 months any way in a cup thts getting done for us all :D cause no one made it to euro so it will be fun to follow tht for us.

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah should be good seeing how we compete against eachother.

Brody
22-11-2007, 04:20 PM
ye england played bad but how can u say there all oldies

hardly any of the team are over 30 only beckham and james comes to mind and campbell

JFolan
22-11-2007, 04:33 PM
ye england played bad but how can u say there all oldies

hardly any of the team are over 30 only beckham and james comes to mind and campbellPlayers that is 30 or over

- Phil Neville
- David Beckham
- David James
- Sol Campbell
- Gary Neville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Neville)
- Emile Heskey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emile_Heskey) - 30 in few days

Thats alot of players lol

Azul
22-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm also glad they lost. Hopefully this will make the FA sit up and give English football the shake up it needs.

Get Mourinho in! He can handle the media, tactially astute and has actually won something of note!

Brody
22-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Players that is 30 or over

- Phil Neville
- David Beckham
- David James
- Sol Campbell
- Gary Neville (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Neville)
- Emile Heskey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emile_Heskey) - 30 in few days

Thats alot of players lol

how many of them actually play tho

JFolan
22-11-2007, 05:25 PM
all em lol the both neville bros are out

Brody
22-11-2007, 05:30 PM
gary neville doesnt play now
phill doesnt
sol plays as cover
david james doesnt really play he just benchwarms
emile heskey hes played 2wice in 3 years

Viruz
22-11-2007, 05:31 PM
going back to that ranks thing i can disagree beacause if you see at the top it says 'sept 2007' :rolleyes:

JFolan
22-11-2007, 06:18 PM
gary neville doesnt play now
phill doesnt
sol plays as cover
david james doesnt really play he just benchwarms
emile heskey hes played 2wice in 3 years
they do but the manager didnt pick thm because he dosnt think there good whn heskey is world class in my option but dosnt get picked

reindeer.
22-11-2007, 06:47 PM
i agree with thread starter.

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 07:14 PM
they do but the manager didnt pick thm because he dosnt think there good whn heskey is world class in my option but dosnt get picked

lmao heskey is world class? seriously learn your football man

JFolan
22-11-2007, 07:22 PM
lmao heskey is world class? seriously learn your football manheskey has never had a chance to prove how good he is always been over looked by the big names.

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 08:24 PM
heskey has never had a chance to prove how good he is always been over looked by the big names.

Heskey had a chance at a top 4 club and he was not good enough and hes some stats for you:

Leicester 196 apps 46 goals
Liverpool 223 apps 60 goals
Birmingham 78 apps 16 goals
Current club Wigan 41 apps 9 goals

If you are saying that 9 goals in 41 games for his current club merits him an england starting spot and to be labelled world class, you have clearly been proven wrong.

JFolan
22-11-2007, 08:52 PM
heskey starts all the time defoe an bent dont so why play 2 players who never get a game whn heskey does...

Cypher-
22-11-2007, 09:02 PM
heskey starts all the time defoe an bent dont so why play 2 players who never get a game whn heskey does...

None of the three of them are any good :s

JFolan
22-11-2007, 09:57 PM
i think heskey is but tht wht i think

skins
22-11-2007, 10:45 PM
England were awful, but we'd still cane any other UK team!

Disaronno
22-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Going back to posts on 2/3/4??

I think England are the Uk's Best team, i am English and i support all of the UK teams, more towards England it self though. However, the england side did play bad, but you say we couldnt qualify when, you (scotland) neither did.

Maybe we had to play against not so high ranked teams, however, no team is a push over. Manchester United are League champions but lost to Coventry City!!

Italy ARENT world Champions in my opinion, they cheated Austrailia out of the world cup by diving in the last 30 seconds to win 1-0, great champions! France are good, but lack expierience!

Now going By FIGURES, England are the best

England Drew 2, Lost 3, Won 7.
Scotland Drew 0, Lost 4, Won 8.
N. Ireland Drew 2, Lost 4, Won 6.
Rep Of Ireland Drew 5, Lost 3, Won 4.

England Scored 24, Let In 4
Scotland Scored 21, Let In 12
N. Ireland Scored 17, Let In 14
Rep Of Ireland Scored 17, Let In 14

By Figures, England ARE the better side.

PaulMacC
22-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Northern Ireland have done really well in the Euro 08' qualifers.
Even though they didnt get through for a small team who couldnt win a match 2 years ago they have improved alot

JFolan
22-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Going back to posts on 2/3/4??

I think England are the Uk's Best team, i am English and i support all of the UK teams, more towards England it self though. However, the england side did play bad, but you say we couldnt qualify when, you (scotland) neither did.

Maybe we had to play against not so high ranked teams, however, no team is a push over. Manchester United are League champions but lost to Coventry City!!

Italy ARENT world Champions in my opinion, they cheated Austrailia out of the world cup by diving in the last 30 seconds to win 1-0, great champions! France are good, but lack experience!

Now going By FIGURES, England are the best

England Drew 2, Lost 3, Won 7.
Scotland Drew 0, Lost 4, Won 8.
N. Ireland Drew 2, Lost 4, Won 6.
Rep Of Ireland Drew 5, Lost 3, Won 4.

England Scored 24, Let In 4
Scotland Scored 21, Let In 12
N. Ireland Scored 17, Let In 14
Rep Of Ireland Scored 17, Let In 14

By Figures, England ARE the better side.
oh dont be stupid ***** england are not the better side ur just a biggit who cant see tht scotland had the far harder group than england france lack experience!? are u stupid man! france play some of the top football in the world as for italy should be world champions well thts just plain stupid thinking they won because there the best u cant face tht scotland are the best in uk now scotland moved from 60th place - 13th place in the 18 months wt did england do ohh ye! they dropped 2 places :)

an if u mean by the let in bit if its goals england let in more thn 4 goals m8 lol

Viruz
23-11-2007, 07:49 AM
ok rated on Scotland and Englands last game if i had to choose a team to go through i would choose Scotland, They play friggn amazing one of the best international football games ive seen. England need to wake up and realise that their football is NOT good enough!!!

Kardan
23-11-2007, 07:54 AM
By ratings, figures etc England are much better than Scotland.

But, to be honest, England's standard has been falling loads over the last few months, so I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland beat England in a friendly.

Disaronno
23-11-2007, 08:44 AM
oh dont be stupid ***** england are not the better side ur just a biggit who cant see tht scotland had the far harder group than england france lack experience!? are u stupid man! france play some of the top football in the world as for italy should be world champions well thts just plain stupid thinking they won because there the best u cant face tht scotland are the best in uk now scotland moved from 60th place - 13th place in the 18 months wt did england do ohh ye! they dropped 2 places :)

an if u mean by the let in bit if its goals england let in more thn 4 goals m8 lol

Dont call me that, plus, France do play football, but not well. In my opinion! Also, italy arent the champions, they couldnt beat austrailia without cheating. Also, i think England are the better side in my opinion, dont talk to me asif im your bloody mate.

JFolan
23-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Dont call me that, plus, France do play football, but not well. In my opinion! Also, italy arent the champions, they couldnt beat austrailia without cheating. Also, i think England are the better side in my opinion, dont talk to me asif im your bloody mate.for one if u look at the world cup history whos name does it say in 2006 ?? oh ye italy so they are champions.

Disaronno
23-11-2007, 12:39 PM
for one if u look at the world cup history whos name does it say in 2006 ?? oh ye italy so they are champions.

You noob, im saying, they ARENT world champions because they had to beat Austrailia by Cheating, no that they ARENT world Champions

JFolan
23-11-2007, 12:48 PM
Yea ok what ever, looks like aswel england are scared to play in the british cup in next summer :P

Deano.
23-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Scotland are better according to the records you posted, except you reckon england did better? Scotland had 1 more point than england I think, in a group where (who I consider) 3 of the top 8 teams in the world played;
Ukraine - Got to Quarter Finals of world cup
France - Got to final of world cup
Italy - Won the world cup
England had an easy group, consisting of sides like Macedonia and Croatia. Croatia did win the group, marginally, but if you had asked before the tournament any English fan if they would want to be in Scotland's position or England's, they'd have chosen the one they had all day.

I simply rest my case.

Cypher-
23-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Scotland are better according to the records you posted, except you reckon england did better? Scotland had 1 more point than england I think, in a group where (who I consider) 3 of the top 8 teams in the world played;
Ukraine - Got to Quarter Finals of world cup
France - Got to final of world cup
Italy - Won the world cup
England had an easy group, consisting of sides like Macedonia and Croatia. Croatia did win the group, marginally, but if you had asked before the tournament any English fan if they would want to be in Scotland's position or England's, they'd have chosen the one they had all day.

I simply rest my case.

So what you are telling me is that Scotland are better losers than England because they got a point more, fact is you both lost so are equally bad.

Eskinan
24-11-2007, 12:18 AM
haha aaahahahaha they suck

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!