PDA

View Full Version : Did America land on the moon in 1969? - [Closes 23/12/07]

Mr.OSH
23-11-2007, 04:31 PM
In 1969 approximately 500 million people watched man set foot on the moon. Is it possible that America had so much pressure to make it to the moon first this event could have been faked?

What do you think?

Happy Debating! :)

Smits
23-11-2007, 04:34 PM
i think it was real.

--ss--
23-11-2007, 04:38 PM
There was a documentary on channel four like almost a year ago , I can't remember exactly was said but one of the points put up was the fact there was several shadows and light sources on certain things.
I'm not too sure on what to believe, they probably did fake it seeing as they might have bitten off more than they could chew and didn't want to disappoint everyone.

jesus
23-11-2007, 04:50 PM
i fink it was fake coz if it wasnt then who filmed it

they had to have been on the moon to be filming init

cocaine
23-11-2007, 04:51 PM
if it was real then it wasnt neil armstrong who first set foot on the moon - it was the camera dude.

BlueEyedSarah
23-11-2007, 04:53 PM
In 1969 approximately 500 million people watched man set foot on the moon. Is it possible that America had so much pressure to make it to the moon first this event could have been faked?

What do you think?

Happy Debating! :)
Its fake.

America wanted to beat Russia.

jesus
23-11-2007, 04:54 PM
buzz aldrin is still alive isnt he?

lets torture him til he admits it was fake

dirrty
23-11-2007, 04:55 PM
i think it was fake.

Soil
23-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I personally think it was fake. Funny how everyone who piled a document (one of the perople complied a 500 page document) were murdered.

Also the rocket or whatever you wanna call it would have blown up as it wouldnt have been able to handle the heat while entering the atmosphere of the Earth. I think they just went into the atmosphere and waited there while the video was played on national TV.

Also its funny how the original tape has been lost. You would expect something like that to be kept and cared for properly.

Kardan
23-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Real :)

And there were cameras on the side of the Apollo to record Armstrong setting foot on the moon :)

Jordy
23-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Real :)

And there were cameras on the side of the Apollo to record Armstrong setting foot on the moon :)I agree with that, the American's aren't that stupid.

I'd like to see some good evidence to see why it wasn't true. However it didn't have much planning and it was all rather quick, they hadn't even been to the moon much before? There's no evidence suggesting he did go on the moon either.

I'll remain open minded.

jackass
23-11-2007, 05:08 PM
I think it might be real, but not completely sure.

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Virgin Mary
23-11-2007, 05:09 PM
If they did then those scientists lied about there being no wind on the moon :@!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calisse
23-11-2007, 05:10 PM
if the year was 2069 would you leave the house let alone the planet??

Yum999
23-11-2007, 05:10 PM
One of the stranger things in the actual video shows the American flag fluttering in the wind... but there isn't any wind on the moon.

Calisse
23-11-2007, 05:11 PM
maybe neil took a hairdryer.

WarezKid
23-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Lol.. Maybe, give some sites that prooves that the landing was not real. :P

FlyingJesus
23-11-2007, 05:16 PM
The flag moving is due to simple physics.. if you move something, it moves. Also it was designed with a horizontal strut along the top of the flag so that it would stick outwards - they knew there was no wind, and didn't want it to look stupid by hanging loose as it would have otherwise done.

Conspiracies are all made of the same thing; balls and sweat.

Alkaz
23-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I think that they did actually go on the moon but had to record it in a studio for some reason :P

CrazyColaist
23-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Nope.......

brodeo
23-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I personally think it was fake. Funny how everyone who piled a document (one of the perople complied a 500 page document) were murdered.

Also the rocket or whatever you wanna call it would have blown up as it wouldnt have been able to handle the heat while entering the atmosphere of the Earth. I think they just went into the atmosphere and waited there while the video was played on national TV.

Also its funny how the original tape has been lost. You would expect something like that to be kept and cared for properly.

Don't throw accusations around without a source. This is a debate, not a 'who can make up the best story' competition. There may not have been wind, but things still do have to move. The astronauts didn't struggle to move around did they? I guess neither did the flag.

The Professor
23-11-2007, 05:35 PM
maybe neil took a hairdryer.

Witty as the comment was, there are little to no particles on the moon for the hairdryer to move, it wouldn't have affected the flag, let alone anyones hair!

I havent seen any good evidence to prove otherwise, but I'm open to pursuasion. It isnt really a matter of great importance to me anyway, but its always interesting to read conspiracy theories.

Jordy
23-11-2007, 05:35 PM
I think that they did actually go on the moon but had to record it in a studio for some reason :PBut if they did it in a studio as well, why would they need to go to the moon?

Neversoft
23-11-2007, 05:42 PM
REAL. Oh my god, these debates are so stupid. Why the hell would they fake it.

Hiro
23-11-2007, 05:42 PM
If they did then those scientists lied about there being no wind on the moon :@!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol'd ;D

Kardan
23-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Nobody can prove it's fake, therefore it's true :)

Plus I don't think the government would waste to much money on sending a rocket into the atmosphere empty then make it come back down to Earth and putting three men that have been in hiding for the whole mission in quarantine for three weeks.

jaanex
23-11-2007, 05:47 PM
neil armstrong, was the first person to land on the moon. i used to have a teacher called mr armstrong he used to say it was his dad pmsll.

Rockstar
23-11-2007, 05:53 PM
I belive it is true but only those who were their know if it true or not

Ealo
23-11-2007, 06:07 PM
There is lots of evidence that it was faked.
The flag for instance,
why is it moving if there is no gravity/air?

Fake ftw.

redtom
23-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Okay so lets think;

Lines of shadows collide (this is impossible with one light source (the sun in this case))
When you speed up a copy of the film the men are running like people would on the earth.
When you look at diffrent appol missions areas of the moon said to have never been seen before look the same as other places from earlyer appol missions.
The flag waves, it's been proven that this couldn't of happend on the moon as it did in the film.
Magicly the only people to have gone to the moon are nassa.
Sciences have found out there is a boundery of radiation around the earth what no man can pass though with out dieing, or atleast dieing after passing through it (well at the time with the stuff they had with them they couldn't pass through with out any effect)
No landing crater, if the landing craft landed like it would of on the moon there would be a crater yet theres nothing.
No dust on the landing craft, if the landing craft landed on the moon dust would of setteled on the craft.
Photos from the landings have been proven to have been edited.

MAJOR POINT:

In the film when people walk behide the landing craft in to the shadows you can see them, and this is impossible as the suns light would be blocked by the landing craft, and as theres only one lights source the sun it should be 100% darkness there you shouldn't beable to see a thing, yet magicly you can see the people there.

And yes people have "disappeard" after releasing stuff or about to release stuff what could prove the landings fake.

EDIT: Reason why it's fake: Space Race. If you don't know what that was it was a big thing between russia and america, and as you know russia and america weren't the best of friends at the time anyway, russia got the first man in space, next was the moon, russia was winning but had to call it off because it was too much of a health risk to the people maning the craft, although america didn't know this and want to win the race, so they stopped the whole lets do it for real and just faked it, with the money they were going to use on getting some one to the moon for real.

Kardan
23-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Right, time to prove these 'OMG IT'S FAKE' theories wrong.

The flag for instance,

Fake ftw.

That's already be commented on, the flag has a horizontal bar through the top to keep it upright and was made with a ripple effect so it didn't look flat/plain.

Okay so lets think;

Lines of shadows collide (this is impossible with one light source (the sun in this case))

Not seen photos.

When you speed up a copy of the film the men are running like people would on the earth.

Or the film.

When you look at diffrent appol missions areas of the moon said to have never been seen before look the same as other places from earlyer appol missions.

The moon looks the same in most places.

The flag waves, it's been proven that this couldn't of happend on the moon as it did in the film.

Commented on this above.

Because you have to be trained? And Russia and other nations haven't had a program running yet.

Sciences have found out there is a boundery of radiation around the earth what no man can pass though with out dieing, or atleast dieing after passing through it (well at the time with the stuff they had with them they couldn't pass through with out any effect)

I loled. No, there isn't. Try and tell me how people have go to the ISS then?

No landing crater, if the landing craft landed like it would of on the moon there would be a crater yet theres nothing.

The moon isn't made of cheese, it's HARD rock. Remember, gravity would of reduced the effect of the landing.

No dust on the landing craft, if the landing craft landed on the moon dust would of setteled on the craft.

How would it? Maybe on the bottom, but not all over the spacecraft?

Proof?
MAJOR POINT:

In the film when people walk behide the landing craft in to the shadows you can see them, and this is impossible as the suns light would be blocked by the landing craft, and as theres only one lights source the sun it should be 100% darkness there you shouldn't beable to see a thing, yet magicly you can see the people there.

And yes people have "disappeard" after releasing stuff or about to release stuff what could prove the landings fake.

If I'm correct, if you have an object on the moon and you walk behind it, you wouldn't be in total darkness due to other stars, light reflecting off moon/earth/other planets.

Axel
23-11-2007, 06:38 PM
It's fake in my opinion, there's a picture that shows the two 'on the Moon'. One is standing a few feet away from the other, yet hes has a much larget shadow. This would only be the case if the light source was a few feet away from both of them.

Kardan
23-11-2007, 06:43 PM
It's fake in my opinion, there's a picture that shows the two 'on the Moon'. One is standing a few feet away from the other, yet hes has a much larget shadow. This would only be the case if the light source was a few feet away from both of them.

Where's this picture? The only way there could be two of them in the same picture was a camera fixed onto the lander.

23-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Yeah it was real becuase americans are amazing like that.

Jordy
23-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Okay so lets think;

MAJOR POINT:

EDIT: Reason why it's fake: Space Race. If you don't know what that was it was a big thing between russia and america, and as you know russia and america weren't the best of friends at the time anyway, russia got the first man in space, next was the moon, russia was winning but had to call it off because it was too much of a health risk to the people maning the craft, although america didn't know this and want to win the race, so they stopped the whole lets do it for real and just faked it, with the money they were going to use on getting some one to the moon for real.I've been converted! :P

Since reading your post I think it's yet another American Conspiracy +rep

mangle
23-11-2007, 07:07 PM
I gotta believe its real :]

redtom
23-11-2007, 07:08 PM
That's already be commented on, the flag has a horizontal bar through the top to keep it upright and was made with a ripple effect so it didn't look flat/plain.

Since when have people made a flag with a ripple effect? The flag quite obviously moves a hell of lot randonly if you've seen more then just one of the apollo mission films you would agree with me.

Soil
23-11-2007, 07:37 PM
The protection of the rocket wasnt strong enough and it has been prooven. If that rocket went OUT of the earths atmosphere it would have caught fire due to the heat.

Thats been prooven. The rocket only had like one layer of protection. That isnt enough.

Don't throw accusations around without a source. This is a debate, not a 'who can make up the best story' competition. There may not have been wind, but things still do have to move. The astronauts didn't struggle to move around did they? I guess neither did the flag.

Without a source? I am not making up a story :| Its fact. Look at any documentary .. or even search on the net yourself and you will find proof in all of them at everyone who tried to proove it was fake was murdered.

The guy who complied the 500 page report had many attempts on his life. The day he went to present his report to the court, he was murdered and the report went missing.

RedStratocas
23-11-2007, 07:46 PM
The flag for instance,

Fake ftw.

becuase they put it up that way. there is footage of the astronauts playing with the flag to make it stand in a waving position.

all the "evidence" that it's fake has been disproved.

redtom
23-11-2007, 07:51 PM
becuase they put it up that way. there is footage of the astronauts playing with the flag to make it stand in a waving position.

all the "evidence" that it's fake has been disproved.

By >>>> NASSA <<<< and the >>>> USgoverment <<<<, there the ones covering it up, there not going to turn around and go "oh yeah thats right you've proved us wrong", Jesus if a guy in a milk truck drove past in the background with a big sign on it saying "this is fake" they would just say it was a shooting star.

Technologic
23-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I think it's real.

FlyingJesus
23-11-2007, 11:34 PM

WAIT. HOLD THE PRESS. SPED UP FILMS MAKE IT LOOK LIKE PEOPLE RUN?
This is proof beyond all reason.

dannyisnotamazing
23-11-2007, 11:38 PM
who cares
if they landed, or if they didn't?
we live on earth, not the moon

Lycan
23-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Yeah they did... not actually sure why people argue against it.... if the russians are happy to let the americans win why arn't we...

Ealo
23-11-2007, 11:58 PM
that is exactly the point of the debate.

FlyingJesus
24-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Chris just reminded me of something. The Russians had satellites in space at the time, and they would have hesitated not a single second to tell the world that America never really got there.

Leuven
24-11-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm sure they did make it to the moon first.
No matter how much evidence there is against them.

Virgin Mary
24-11-2007, 02:55 AM
I don't think it matters either, they could spend the money on more important things.

Ekalb
24-11-2007, 08:36 AM
All of the theories like the flag, shadows, stars etc can all be debunked fairly easily.
The flag 'ripple' - The bars used to make the flag fold into each other to save space during travel, one didnt fully extend.
few stars visible/distorted light - The mission was done during the moon's night time which lasts for a few earth days.
There are more and I have a book which i've previously quoted on this same topic that successfully debunks many theories, especially those shown in the Fox program "Conspiracy Theory: Did man really land on the moon?".

Also, its impossible to fake the 300+kg of moon rocks the astronauts brought back with them as their chemical formations are like nothing we have on Earth.

And as a further counter to the flag ripple myth - in movie studios there is absolutely no wind unless the fans are turned on, if the fans were on the dust would have been moving aswell. It's quite a stupid theory when you actually hear the evidence.

Ealo
24-11-2007, 09:34 AM
tbh i doubt we will never know untill american govenment wants to tell us they faked it.
There proof it didnt hapen and logical reasons why that happened.
personally i doubt it happened,

Ekalb
24-11-2007, 10:42 AM
tbh i doubt we will never know untill american govenment wants to tell us they faked it.

I am yet to hear of any legitimate, 100% proof that suggests it didn't happen.

Ealo
24-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I am yet to hear of any legitimate, 100% proof that suggests it didn't happen.

same could be said for it happening.

Destiny
24-11-2007, 03:27 PM
It's real, why would they fake something as big as that and not get caught for so long. If it was fake, haha. We are big idiots for believing it :eusa_danc

Lycan
24-11-2007, 03:31 PM
end of the day its just conspircy

Oh We didn't land on the moon, oh their was a second gunman on the grassy null, there are aliens

FlyingJesus
24-11-2007, 05:35 PM

What so you'd believe them if they said that it was fake but not if they say it's real? That's pretty flawed logic.

VPSwow
24-11-2007, 06:59 PM
I think it was fake because the flag is shown to be blowing in the wind! There is no wind on the moon

WarezKid
24-11-2007, 07:18 PM
I think it was fake because the flag is shown to be blowing in the wind! There is no wind on the moon

back up?.

all you know the person could have made a ripple effect ?

Anarchy
24-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I dont think it did we studied it in english once

redtom
24-11-2007, 07:51 PM
WAIT. HOLD THE PRESS. SPED UP FILMS MAKE IT LOOK LIKE PEOPLE RUN?
This is proof beyond all reason.

Get a brain, the gravity on the earth is diffrent to the moon so people wouldn't move the same.

If you speed up a recording of some one walking on earth they still look like there walking, just rather fast not running.

Ekalb
24-11-2007, 10:06 PM
same could be said for it happening.

Do you people intentionally fail to read what people who disagree with you say?

100% for sure proof is the moon rocks that they have.

-:Undertaker:-
24-11-2007, 10:06 PM
The gravity could of made the flag move.

Mrchins
24-11-2007, 10:15 PM
dey faked i obviasly

Virgin Mary
24-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Why are the debates never interesting? It's always something like "R MCDONALDS RLY FATTENIN???"

BlueEyedSarah
25-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Chris just reminded me of something. The Russians had satellites in space at the time, and they would have hesitated not a single second to tell the world that America never really got there.
Then America will be bombing Russia for spilling their secret.

FlyingJesus
25-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Get a brain, the gravity on the earth is diffrent to the moon so people wouldn't move the same.

If you speed up a recording of some one walking on earth they still look like there walking, just rather fast not running.

Excellent, you just outwitted yourself. As you say, the movements are different, hence why a sped up version of people bouncing around on the moon would look like people running rather than just walking fast.

WarezKid
25-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Well, the japs are gonna go to the moon soon, they can tell us if they went up before...

le harry
25-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Yes, yes they did.

Soy
25-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Yes they most definetly did

Nixt
25-11-2007, 05:45 PM
If I am totally honest I am not 100% sure, but for now I will say I am pretty sure they did and until I get my p.h.D. in Astrophysics I will not say otherwise!

Then America will be bombing Russia for spilling their secret.

Don't be so stupid? One country wouldn't just bomb another country because they told the 'secret' that America didn't really land on the moon. Most nuclear powers fear the outcome of an act of war on another country, so they most certainly wouldn't bomb Russia for a stupid reason like that. If Russia did have the capabilities to pinpoint if America really did land on the moon, America wouldn't of bothered doing it.

Hazza
25-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Lmao at this vid.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=mouUUWpEec0&feature=related

I'm not sure what to believe, the real video looks fake to me.

jamsey
25-11-2007, 10:20 PM
i think its real, but its easy to see why people would think its fake

tully4leanne.
25-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I cannot say.... I have my suspisions but i also think its likely to have taken place

RedStratocas
27-11-2007, 01:38 AM
if there were clear evidence that it was faked, wouldn't the russians be dying to call them out on it?

BlueEyedSarah
27-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Don't be so stupid? One country wouldn't just bomb another country because they told the 'secret' that America didn't really land on the moon. Most nuclear powers fear the outcome of an act of war on another country, so they most certainly wouldn't bomb Russia for a stupid reason like that. If Russia did have the capabilities to pinpoint if America really did land on the moon, America wouldn't of bothered doing it.
I was joking :-\

JFolan
27-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Nah they never went no chance about it, first of all no stars in the background of there pics an if they could go them years ago whn there wasnt as much technology as there is today we would have been going there ever day, it was clear lies an america cant an wont admit they hve never been to the moon.

RedStratocas
27-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Nah they never went no chance about it, first of all no stars in the background of there pics an if they could go them years ago whn there wasnt as much technology as there is today we would have been going there ever day, it was clear lies an america cant an wont admit they hve never been to the moon.

i hate it when people say "america do..." or "america" as if we're a whole. that makes it sound like the land we're standing on is talking to you. no, "america" wont admit it because "america" cant talk; it's a land mass.

secondly, you're an idiot for thinking we should be going there every day. it cost millions of dollars then, it'd cost millions of dollars now. plus, there's no point in us being there again. it hasn't changes. we predicted jet packs in the past, but that didn't turn out the way we thought, now did it?

Ekalb
28-11-2007, 11:01 AM
The mission was done in the moon's 'night' which lasts for quite a few earth days. And also with the technology of that day it was difficult to pick up many bright lights in the background.

The costs of a moon mission are tremendously high, no one could afford it until, like in the next few years, technology will have improved immensely and with a richer society tourist flights are being planned.

PaulMacC
28-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Im not sure, I dont trust the americans now with 9/11 and the consparicies behind that.
But then again Bush wasnt behind USA then

crans
28-11-2007, 08:51 PM
The mission was done in the moon's 'night' which lasts for quite a few earth days. And also with the technology of that day it was difficult to pick up many bright lights in the background.

The costs of a moon mission are tremendously high, no one could afford it until, like in the next few years, technology will have improved immensely and with a richer society tourist flights are being planned.

You say that but lol, we have better technology now obviously but how come they haven't attempted anymore "Man on the moon" missions?

and it might of been another stunt like when they caused the lost of lives of the people from September 2001.

-Eyeless-
28-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Well I have watched the program bout it but I think that it is just like with the 9/11 conspiracy, Everyone thinks that America is less powerfull that it is, maybe they did land on the moon maybe they didn't, but if they did then it is an amazing feat, if not they did a damn good job of faking it.

In my personal opinion they probably did fake it because there is overwhelming information that points towards it being faked. I dont need to go through all the evidence because im sure sombody else will. The main reason i think it was faked not including the main reasons from tv etc, is that they had made so many unfruitful attempts at conquering the moon beforhand that in circumstances like that you dont just have a lucky break. I on the otherhand do not doubt that they can do it now.

skins
29-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I dont think they did! Only due to the flag in flapping, despite the moon doesnt have wind!

FlyingJesus
29-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Do you idiots even read threads before posting in them?

skins
29-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Do you idiots even read threads before posting in them?

Calm

And no.

-Xiangu-
29-11-2007, 06:37 PM
i do actually think they did it. its just a load of rubbiah what anyone says about the so called flaws in the video tapes it can all be explained but dont ask me because i cant remember what i have read if your that eager to prove this great feet wrong why not compile some sufficient evidence to prove the greatest thing man has ever done. wrong!

Procyon
29-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Truth will be clear in about 10 years time, telescopes will be able to see that far, if we see a flag there, then yes, americans have done it, if not, ahhaa, biggest failure of all time.

-Xiangu-
29-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Truth will be clear in about 10 years time, telescopes will be able to see that far, if we see a flag there, then yes, americans have done it, if not, ahhaa, biggest failure of all time.
i thought the flag was taken out. meh

Procyon
29-11-2007, 09:02 PM
If it was, my mistake. but it is sure that we will see something up their that happened on the moon, golf balls etc.

-Xiangu-
29-11-2007, 10:02 PM
lol golf balls :P perhaps their footprints and the landing site

FlyingJesus
29-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Calm

And no.

Maybe you should, you'd learn something.

Also the flag, footprints etc from the visit wouldn't be visible as they'd have been destroyed in the blasts from takeoff.

brapp
29-11-2007, 11:40 PM
yh lol

Ugawa
30-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I think they faked it.

Slowpoke
30-11-2007, 01:38 PM
No-one has ever been on the moon imo. Neil Armstrong was meant to have been the first man on the moon yet the person filming was already outside of the Space Shuttle!!

JFolan
30-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Also the flag, footprints etc from the visit wouldn't be visible as they'd have been destroyed in the blasts from takeoff.Blasts from there little rockets on there cardboard box shuttle? an plus they left the moon car thing up there so tht should sitll be there plus the feather and rock they dropped.

FlyingJesus
30-11-2007, 02:38 PM
No-one has ever been on the moon imo. Neil Armstrong was meant to have been the first man on the moon yet the person filming was already outside of the Space Shuttle!!

Yeah because it's impossible for vehicles as technologically inferior as, say, a space shuttle to have something as advanced as an extendable arm with a camera.

Blasts from there little rockets on there cardboard box shuttle? an plus they left the moon car thing up there so tht should sitll be there plus the feather and rock they dropped.

Well I don't know about the moon car, but it's too small to be seen anyway, and the moon is fairly big y'know, so pinpointing the exact spot they landed at before would be a task. As for a feather and a rock; the feather would certainly have burned up, and the moon is made of rocks.

JFolan
30-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah because it's impossible for vehicles as technologically inferior as, say, a space shuttle to have something as advanced as an extendable arm with a camera.

Well I don't know about the moon car, but it's too small to be seen anyway, and the moon is fairly big y'know, so pinpointing the exact spot they landed at before would be a task. As for a feather and a rock; the feather would certainly have burned up, and the moon is made of rocks.NASA will have the location of the lading point an if they say we lost it, just shows another reason why they lied.

Bibliophobia
30-11-2007, 05:47 PM
in a quick answer;
probably not

Isaac
01-12-2007, 03:52 AM
Think about when we did this. This was during the lunar race between Russia and America. If Americans did fake the landing on the moon, the russians would be the first to find out and expose it. This would have been discovered WAY long ago if it was a hoax, but it wasn't. The russians tried, but evidence stacked up way too tall for the moon landing to be disproved.

Procyon
01-12-2007, 12:33 PM

Also the flag, footprints etc from the visit wouldn't be visible as they'd have been destroyed in the blasts from takeoff.

Did you get an A* in astronomy? No, don't speak.

Colin-Roberts
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
so the well documented Appollo missions they faked all them too? like appollo 13 where they flew around the moon but didn't have enough oxygen due to problems to land on the moon yet again.

Procyon
01-12-2007, 12:52 PM

Well I don't know about the moon car, but it's too small to be seen anyway, and the moon is fairly big y'know, so pinpointing the exact spot they landed at before would be a task. As for a feather and a rock; the feather would certainly have burned up, and the moon is made of rocks.

Again, a load of crap. The moon car will ONLY work in space, it's foldable aswell. The people who landed on the moon were ex USAF pilots, they knew what they were doing, the feather would have NEVER burnt up because of the fact there is NO OXYGEN! Fire needs oxygen, there is no oxygen in space. The moon isn't solely made of rocks. Also, the moon is VERY small in comparsion to anything else in space, except of course for brown dwarfs as such!

The flag was waving, because of the fact metal was put into the flag to make it have the almost cliche look of any flag.

Kardan
01-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Again, a load of crap. The moon car will ONLY work in space, it's foldable aswell. The people who landed on the moon were ex USAF pilots, they knew what they were doing, the feather would have NEVER burnt up because of the fact there is NO OXYGEN! Fire needs oxygen, there is no oxygen in space. The moon isn't solely made of rocks. Also, the moon is VERY small in comparsion to anything else in space, except of course for brown dwarfs as such!

The flag was waving, because of the fact metal was put into the flag to make it have the almost cliche look of any flag.

Right, if there was no fire, how did the Lunar Module get off the moon ;)
And the moon compared to a moon buggie, well, I think we know which one is bigger :)

Procyon
01-12-2007, 12:58 PM
And the moon compared to a moon buggie, well, I think we know which one is bigger :)

I have no idea, but this is how they take off, google it.

It uses rocket power to bring itself out of the earths atmosphere, when it slowly has no oxygen the rocket dies out, note (you get so much faster when your out in space with no oxygen). Meaning that all the momentum and speed which was accumelated in the earths atmosphere is x'd by such a huge amount, don't ask me how they got off the moon.

But, what some of the spacecrafts do is use the atmosphere in another planets to pick up momentum, I doubt that was used, find the answer on google.

Kardan
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM

Easily, it uses rocket power to bring itself out of the earths atmosphere, when it slowly has no oxygen the rocket dies out, note (you get so much faster when your out in space with no oxygen). Meaning that all the momentum and speed which was accumelated in the earths atmosphere is x'd by such a huge amount, don't ask me how they got off the moon.

;) Some sort of heat energy must have been released for the lander to gain kinetic energy to get off the moon, so it is possible that the feather would have been 'burned' plus finding the feather would be like finding a needle in a very big haystack.

Procyon
01-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Some sort of energy had to be realased of course, but america has to leave some info behind, they plan to go back in 2020.

Kardan
01-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Some sort of energy had to be realased of course, but america has to leave some info behind, they plan to go back in 2020.

They would of left something behind, but the chances are we wouldn't be able to see it because it's so small.

All the evidence that they faked it can be disproven easily, and of course, as everyone else has said, the Russians would have been one of the first to prove it was faked.

JFolan
01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
And the moon compared to a moon buggie, well, I think we know which one is bigger :)er there was no landing atall lmao its was all a lie america is so dumb they cant ever cover up anything its pfft.

JFolan
01-12-2007, 03:45 PM
No-one has ever been on the moon imo. Neil Armstrong was meant to have been the first man on the moon yet the person filming was already outside of the Space Shuttle!!maybe it was a woman tht had the camera lmao!

Ekalb
02-12-2007, 01:50 AM
The negatives aren't even trying anymore..

FlyingJesus
02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Did you get an A* in astronomy? No, don't speak.

No, did you? I'm not talking about astronomy, I'm talking about common sense.

the feather would have NEVER burnt up because of the fact there is NO OXYGEN! Fire needs oxygen, there is no oxygen in space. The moon isn't solely made of rocks. Also, the moon is VERY small in comparsion to anything else in space, except of course for brown dwarfs as such!

Even if there weren't flames such as we have in atmosphere, there would be massive amounts of heat, which would easily burn up a small feather. There's a reason that you have to a certain distance from a spacecraft when it takes off - it gets pretty hot, and you will be destroyed in the heat. You don't need actual flames to burn things. Further, comparitive size has nothing to do with it as the moon is still absolutely massive. It's not like you can drive around the whole thing in a couple of hours or something.

So, going by your earlier logic: shut up.

er there was no landing atall lmao its was all a lie america is so dumb they cant ever cover up anything its pfft.

You just fail life.

WarezKid
02-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Argee with above

Just took my words

Jamesy
03-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I watched an interesting documentary on Discovery Channel about this. I think they did to be honest.

also someone please change the American to America it's really annoying me.

-Eyeless-
03-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I dont think they did! Only due to the flag in flapping, despite the moon doesnt have wind!

Just in case nobody had already said.

Whoever wrote this obviously hasn't thought about what they said, because the flag had a pole through the top to keep it up in no atmosphere and the impact of it hitting the surface of the moon would shake it even if there is no atmosphere.

Not saying I believe they did land just saying you should check your facts and not rely on channel 4's "Facts"

Asher
04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
ahhh i love how the old 'the flag is moving from the wind!!!!!' debate is always chucked in.

JFolan
04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
No, did you? I'm not talking about astronomy, I'm talking about common sense.

Even if there weren't flames such as we have in atmosphere, there would be massive amounts of heat, which would easily burn up a small feather. There's a reason that you have to a certain distance from a spacecraft when it takes off - it gets pretty hot, and you will be destroyed in the heat. You don't need actual flames to burn things. Further, comparitive size has nothing to do with it as the moon is still absolutely massive. It's not like you can drive around the whole thing in a couple of hours or something.

So, going by your earlier logic: shut up.

You just fail life.i have no life? lmao coming from u who has over 5000 posts an is on 24/7 lmao yer i have no life

FlyingJesus
04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Learn to read; I never said you had no life. I said you fail life. Also the only time I'm on is late night because I have college and an evening job.

Pentridge
04-12-2007, 11:54 PM
america did not land on the moon in my opinion other wise it would of been done several times since then,

Abzii
07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I believe its fake after reading all this

drama
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Nobody can prove it's fake, therefore it's true :)

You cant prove it's not a fake, therefore it is?

Ekalb
07-12-2007, 10:48 PM
You cant prove it's not a fake, therefore it is?

Yeah we can, can't fake 300kg of moonrocks, can't fake the footage that they took (you may say, yeah you can in a movie studio! But no, not in the movie studios of the late 60s can you find some fan that will only move the flag and not all the dust surrounding the astronauts).

You only read about half the thread and skipped most posts made by FlyingJesus, Kardan and myself?

FlyingJesus
08-12-2007, 02:16 PM

If that's true then you're not very intelligent.

dannyisnotamazing
08-12-2007, 02:50 PM
i think its fake cos i went up ther other day n ther was no flag

Plixor
08-12-2007, 07:27 PM
the thing with the wind is stupid.. theres no wind in a studio neither

Kardan
08-12-2007, 07:39 PM
the thing with the wind is stupid.. theres no wind in a studio neither

They can easily create wind with an industrial fan if they wanted to.

And yes, there's proof that they've done it, plus they're going to do it again within the next few years. If they did fake the last one, which they didn't, and they were going to fake this next one, it would be obvious.

Plixor
09-12-2007, 12:53 PM
why should they make wind inside a studio, when its supposed to be on the moon.. i dont think they are THAT stupid :P

dunke
10-12-2007, 11:36 AM
if it was real then it wasnt neil armstrong who first set foot on the moon - it was the camera dude.

YEA!!! I ALWAYS SAID THAT :D:D

d17c
11-12-2007, 08:16 AM
To those people that commented about there being no flames, I may be mistaken, but I thought that rockets took oxygen with them, and pumped it in with the fuel to make it you know, BOOM.

I've only actually watched a small section of the film, and Neil Armstrong says something like "this is an eagle feather... from an eagle"
Now, I'm not exactly part of NASA, but I wouldn't let a man like that leave the house, let alone the planet.

Overall, I'm torn, no 100% definitive evidence either way.

(I did have some good points to make, but I kinda forgot them after reading everything else)

micky.blue.eyes
22-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Astronauts have muscles, flags don't. -.-'

REAL. Oh my god, these debates are so stupid. Why the hell would they fake it.

So they'd be the first people on the moon, they were racing Russia.

Okay so lets think;

MAJOR POINT:

EDIT: Reason why it's fake: Space Race. If you don't know what that was it was a big thing between russia and america, and as you know russia and america weren't the best of friends at the time anyway, russia got the first man in space, next was the moon, russia was winning but had to call it off because it was too much of a health risk to the people maning the craft, although america didn't know this and want to win the race, so they stopped the whole lets do it for real and just faked it, with the money they were going to use on getting some one to the moon for real.

^^Sums up about everything I wanted to say. There were some odd things with the dust aswell, can't really remember what but I think it was that the dust didn't show any patterns that moved away from the shuttle, which is impossible if the shuttle did land.

Then those satalites should've been able to follow the shuttle and watch it land on the moon, which they couldn't. Russia would look like jealous fools if they used that as 'evidence' against the landing.

It's real, why would they fake something as big as that and not get caught for so long. If it was fake, haha. We are big idiots for believing it :eusa_danc

So they were 'the first' to be able to land on the moon -> space race with Russia etc etc bla bla.

end of the day its just conspircy

Oh We didn't land on the moon, oh their was a second gunman on the grassy null, there are aliens

There have to be aliens. :P

Do you people intentionally fail to read what people who disagree with you say?

100% for sure proof is the moon rocks that they have.

How do we know they're really moon rocks? "They could go back to the moon and bring more rocks and compare them to the old ones." How do we know they won't replace the old rocks?
This may look like a lame argument against the moon landing but so are loads of arguments against the evidences against the landing.

Excellent, you just outwitted yourself. As you say, the movements are different, hence why a sped up version of people bouncing around on the moon would look like people running rather than just walking fast.

How can bouncing walks on the moon look like running on planet Earth when you speed it up? It would look completely different.

Yeah we can, can't fake 300kg of moonrocks, can't fake the footage that they took (you may say, yeah you can in a movie studio! But no, not in the movie studios of the late 60s can you find some fan that will only move the flag and not all the dust surrounding the astronauts).

^^For my point against the moon rocks and something about the dust.
At the flag part: Neither can the moon. Somebody said that playing with the flag and placing it on the moon caused it to move, this could've happened in the studio aswell.

To those people that commented about there being no flames, I may be mistaken, but I thought that rockets took oxygen with them, and pumped it in with the fuel to make it you know, BOOM.

I've only actually watched a small section of the film, and Neil Armstrong says something like "this is an eagle feather... from an eagle"
Now, I'm not exactly part of NASA, but I wouldn't let a man like that leave the house, let alone the planet.

Overall, I'm torn, no 100% definitive evidence either way.

(I did have some good points to make, but I kinda forgot them after reading everything else)

I don't have much knowledge about how space shuttles work but I do know that mixing some chemicals will lead to a reaction which could give enough kenetic energy to move the shuttle and other reactions will produce oxygen.
Doubt it happened like this because you'd need loads of those chemicals but it could have.

I haven't seen any evidence that shows the shuttle could've made it back to Earth, which only adds to the evidence that it's fake to me.

At why didn't the Russians prove it didn't happen?: They would need need really good evidence to prove the Americans wrong, which they didn't. Everybody would laugh at them if they accused America of faking the landing without good evidence to back it up. Also, who said they didn't try? Many people have been killed after they tried to release evidence against the landing.

I personally don't care whether it's fake or not, it's just the moon. =/ But I think lying like that is just sad and proves uncapable humans are at living with each other (and their environment). They all want to be the best and have loads of power over as many things as they can, even though the Earth is just a small place in a huge universe. If everybody worked together I think we could've been to the moon way earlier and many other planets.

Grainger@CUFC
22-12-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't think they did. I've looked at stuff on the Internet before that have persuaded me to think they didn't. Images of exactly the same landscape from different missions even when it's meant to be in a completely different place. Things like a "third voice" in the module's conversations with Mission Control to tell them when to talk. I dunno where they are, but I've definitely seen them before. Anyways, I'm more towards the fake side than real.

Ekalb
23-12-2007, 01:50 AM
so this debate ends with the negative leading a charge of "nah dont think so's" against the affirmatives debunking.

Oh and we know they're moon rocks because because they have completely unique compounds, cant be found on Earth and cant be manufactured by man. The flag ripple actually helps prove that they did land on the moon. If it was in a movie studio all the dust would be moving if the fan was on (why the hell would they turn it on anyway?) and if it was on earth and the ripple was just because of setting up, gravity would not allow it to just float and it would very quickly be lifeless.

Maybe someone will find 'the president's secret book' and will prove everything to us all.

FlyingJesus
23-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Apparently the fact that you can't prove something to be 100% correct is suffice to say that it's 100% incorrect. Nice failed logic there chaps, congratulations. Frankly if it hadn't happened, there are enough nerdy scientists who are fascinated with this stuff that by now someone would have come out with conclusive proof that it couldn't have happened.

.:Sindrolic:.
23-12-2007, 09:48 AM
I havent read every post and this might have already been said but:

America did reach the moon but there were techinical difficulties and the never filmed on the moon. Then once Alderan and Armstrong had landed they filmed it all in a studio.

Slowpoke
23-12-2007, 10:28 PM
I love the way it says he was the first man on the moon yet someone was already outside the spaceship filming him coming out.

Grainger@CUFC
23-12-2007, 10:59 PM
NASA say they sent the camera down on to the moon first to shoot the module coming down :S

Kardan
23-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I love the way it says he was the first man on the moon yet someone was already outside the spaceship filming him coming out.

NASA say they sent the camera down on to the moon first to shoot the module coming down :S

It's been said numerous times in this thread. There were cameras on the outside of the landing module.

spot.
23-12-2007, 11:41 PM
no they filmed it in a basement

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!