PDA

View Full Version : F1 - Formula Racing - KIMI RAIOKKEN

Kardan
29-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Out o the 59 laps int the german grand prix I think, Kimi Raiokken for Finland was winning with a lead of 1.567 seconds of Second place Alonso.

For the last 7 laps Kimi's front right tyre was breaking apart. A pit stop would lose him 2nd and possibly 3rd place.

He came into the final 4 corners of the race and his tire fell off the car. His car plunged into the gravel with Alonso overtaking him and winning the race.

Kimi then obviously could not finish the race with only 3 tyres, He would of came 1st, But if he did have the pitstop he would of came 3rd (Podium posistion and at least some -points to add to the championship but he crashed at the last corners of the last lap)

Sorry if psted in wrong section

:.bEx.:
29-05-2005, 01:41 PM
o god poor kimi i woz watching the race up until 10 laps or so from the end, neva saw that happen.

BlueTails
29-05-2005, 01:42 PM
Aww Shame

:.bEx.:
29-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Though Alonso's mi fave driver so it is a gd thing :D
i just feel sorry for kimmi such a bummer :p

Kardan
29-05-2005, 01:47 PM
Well with his 2nd and last pit stop at about 12 laps to go, Something broke off causing his right tyre to damage. He had about 15 seconds lead.

With 7 laps to go, The commentators said something was wrong with Kimi's tyre with his lead decreasing to 7 seconds.

Alonso's team said he had to make the gap shorten by 1 second every lap fr him to overtake.

That seemed possible as with 4 laps to go it was around 4 seconds.

3 laps to go it stayed at around 4 seconds.

But in the final 2 laps Alonso overtook another player (Not sure if it was Massa) to be the car behind Kimi.

2 Laps to go lead shortened to 1.567 seconds.

Kimi coming aronud the last few corners and he goes wide around the corner and the tyre falls off (The commentators said a few seconds before the tyre was on the rim off it anyway). Alonso then overtook him did the last few corners and went down the straight to win.

Therefore Alonso came 1st.
Heidfeld 2nd (He was 3rd)
Rubens Barrichelo Came 3rd he was 4th.

And M Schmaucher came 5th, was 6th going into the lat few corners until Kimi crashed out.

There was also a problem in the 1st corner of the 1st lap, 8/20 cars got caught in an intaglement and Mark Webber who I think was 2nd on the starting grid was knocked out in the 1st corner.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!