PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook & Monarch - rumbled!

Adam!
03-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Thomas Cook and Monarch have been rumbled for using "tango" routes which avoid very busy air traffic control centres around France, Spain and Portugal - The main reason they did this was to slash extra charges on fuel and a saving of about £500 in air traffic control fees per flight.

It's not illegal and they're not doing anything wrong by doing this, but surely to save £99 per flight, it would be easier to fly directly to their destination and not over the atlantic ocean? :eusa_wall - Some airlines work in funny ways.. I've got to say, even Ryanair don't do this - Shouldn't imagine it will be too long before they start doing it though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7124021.stm

sock
03-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Adam, I do understand this, but i'm sure a lot of people won't! lol.

Scania
03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
They shouldn't read aviation threads then Cody boy :D

Thats a bit sad.. How much are they worth, and they too stinjy to pay like, £500? lmao.

Adam!
04-12-2007, 06:28 AM
They shouldn't read aviation threads then Cody boy :D

Thats a bit sad.. How much are they worth, and they too stinjy to pay like, £500? lmao.
The total cost they save after paying for the extra fuel is £99 per flight, 20 minutes extra flying time, 1.2 tonnes more fuel - But less congested airspace, so not as many restrictions.. Mmmm!

xxMATTGxx
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I rather fly over the atlantic ocean ;]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!