PDA

View Full Version : Tips for studying to make you remeber things need help [+rep]

BowTies1
04-12-2007, 05:48 PM
got a prelim exam coming up n just 2 days i need a good way of studying so i
can rmeebr what ive studies ussually i jsut read over stuff but forget it so easily

Angel-Light
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
I find writing things down, sometimes a couple of times, makes the information stick in my head.

Good luck with your prelims though! I have mine at the end of January :(

&
04-12-2007, 06:31 PM
got mine next week. arghhhhhh.

were always told to make mind map of things, and stick them in places you always look at, say while youre in the bath or something. LOL

doesnt work.
i just get revision guids, theyre simple and detailed enough

BowTies1
04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
we got told there more or less a safty net so im not that worried about them

BowTies1
04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
any more tips will be helpful

adidas™
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
use colours when jotting things down to revise,
eat fish, good for the brain.

Fifteen
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
got a prelim exam coming up n just 2 days i need a good way of studying so i
can rmeebr what ive studies ussually i jsut read over stuff but forget it so easily

Eat well, get lots of sleep, take regular breaks whilsts revising, revise in a tidy space
Use colors, easyer to remeber things.
:)

BowTies1
04-12-2007, 08:50 PM
They are very similar in format to the SQA Exams, and are designed to give the pupils a mock run, showing them how they would perform had that been exam day. The grade a pupil receives has no bearing on their final result on exam day: a pupil can get 0% in a Prelim, and pass a final exam. Schools use prelims as an early warning system of sorts, to note which pupils need to push harder, or need help. Pupils often look at their prelim results, work in the areas where improvement is needed, and improve their mark in the final exam

aftere reading that i dont fell as much preasure to pass these but i will still try but i feel realved after reading this

that is from wikipedia

Angel-Light
04-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I normally find the prelims are a lot harder in comparison to the actual exam.

As people have said colours stimulate the brain into remembering it (or so my chemistry teacher says). Sometimes even reading aloud and recording it can help if you are a person who can listen to a teacher and take in everything they say.

MrGazet
04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
I normally find the prelims are a lot harder in comparison to the actual exam.

As people have said colours stimulate the brain into remembering it (or so my chemistry teacher says). Sometimes even reading aloud and recording it can help if you are a person who can listen to a teacher and take in everything they say.

agreeed.well i usually make some short notes.small but useful :) and read it when i can

BowTies1
04-12-2007, 11:20 PM
they me be harder but not important at all really unless you fail badly so there a safty net

Janet Snakehole
04-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Work in a comfortable environment.
And chew gum, no idea why.. but when Im chewing gum or something, I seem to remember things?

Might sound crazy, but it works; well for me anyway!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!