PDA

View Full Version : [Request] SS-Host.com :: Job opportunities

Cixso
16-12-2007, 12:18 AM
SS-Host | Web Space Providers (http://www.ss-host.com)
Job Opportunities
SS-Host are now hiring professional and experienced staff. We would like to hire people in 2 certain sectors of SS-Host which are support & marketing. We are a company who like to be unique in as much ways as possible to satisfy our clients. We will hire staff that are very dedicated to there job, staff who know what they are doing. We are only interested in staff who can type full English (UK/USA), have good communication skills plus handle grief from potential clients and upset clients.

Support Staff
This job is a paying job and we expect you to be online at least 5 hours a day logged into the support suite where you will answer support tickets and live clients through the live support system. You may be asked techincal questions where you will need root access, unfortinutley, we will not give you that privilege, therefor you will pass the issue onto a higher ranked staff member until you gain trust.

This will be a boost upon your CV and experience. It will also give you some back pocket cash but please don't expect a lot. We are a growing company.

As a staff member you will get 50% discounts on all of SS-Host services and friends you invite to our services will also benefit the discount.

There is no age restrictions as we are trying to keep "open minded" as much as possible.

To submit an application, please email [email protected] with the following CORRECT details:

(Hint: Try to make the application more professional by putting it all into paragraphed detailed information, also make sure the subject is exactly shown as below, all applications that have 1 single spelling mistake in the subject, missing capitol letter will not be viewed and we be deleted, if you can't follow a single task then we don't want you.)

Subject: SS-Host :: Support Staff Application
Body should include:

Your name
Your age
Your gender
Disabilities
Occupation (School/College/University/Working)
Experience(s)
Why would you like the job & why should we choose you
What is unique about yourself
Tell us something interesting about your self, such as hobbies, a team you support etc
What qualifications do you have if any
Do you have any inquiries
Anything else we should knowOnce you have submitted your application, it will be assessed if the subject is correct & will be replied to within 2 weeks.

Marketing
This job description and how to apply will be posted at a later date. (I will reply to this thread)

Any questions? Feel free to ask via PM or by replying!

Moved by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator) from Web Hosts: Site job applications go here. :)

Jordan,
16-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Applied :P

Cixso
16-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Guys, please...

I want to take this seriously, stop asking me over MSN to hire you because I love you and your my world etc. Just do the applications properly.

Just because most guys on this forum are my friends doesn't mean I want to hire you and give you a foot massage.

I don't mean to sound cruel but come on. :P Understand what I'm saying... :P

(This wasn't aimed at anybody in particular by the way, just too many people said the same thing "hire me because you love me")

Cixso
16-12-2007, 10:19 AM
This is just bloody stupid.

I have never got such crap applications in my life. Most are 2 lines long, 4 of them say "I love you" in them, most of them are typed lyk dis n av no id3a wat der sayin and 2 people posted with the incorrect subject!

Most of you who applied are my friends, but jesus christ man!

Applications are closed. I'll advertise somewhere else.

There where 2 applications who where correctly written out. Jordan was one of them, so thank you.

LOLROB
16-12-2007, 10:33 AM
That was a shame Danny because i was going to aply for the support job, so you saying just because i use HxF i cant aply?

Colin-Roberts
16-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Dam i was going write out like a 2 page essay just to mock you danny :(

Jamesy
16-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I was tech support once.

I'm not spending 5 hours talking to bunch of idiots who can't use google.

I won't apply :)

Cixso
16-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I was tech support once.

I'm not spending 5 hours talking to bunch of idiots who can't use google.

I won't apply :)

Leave your post count alone and stop spamming then.

That was a shame Danny because i was going to aply for the support job, so you saying just because i use HxF i cant aply?I'll open them via the website tomorrow.

Lilian
16-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Can sexier people than you apply :rolleyes:?

GoldenMerc
16-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Please do apply xD
I would apply but i dont realy know much about severs but i would insist if you do know a bit about them apply because SS Host is well worth it :)
50% of thats realy good.
Ross

Cixso
16-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Can sexier people than you apply :rolleyes:?

No. You'll find that will be very hard to find somebody more good looking.

If you are interested, give me a PM but I will not reply if you PM me with such vile English.

"OR8 M8 OWWA U"

Lilian
16-12-2007, 01:51 PM
No. You'll find that will be very hard to find somebody more good looking.

If you are interested, give me a PM but I will not reply if you PM me with such vile English.

"OR8 M8 OWWA U"

Alkin always said I was the sexier one.... :D

vile English? Moi?

.L!nK.
16-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Alkin always said I was the sexier one.... :D

vile English? Moi?

Why do you always put me into this.

but obviously you are babes

xxx

milk

Blob
16-12-2007, 02:07 PM
5 hours a day? Some people actually do have lifes..

crans
16-12-2007, 02:10 PM
whats your company reg number?

timROGERS
16-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I was planning to apply, until I saw that you were asking about disabilities. It seems pretty disgusting to me that you would ask for that information, as it has no bearing on someone's ability to do a job such as this one. In fact, the Disability Discrimination Act states that you must not ask for such information unless it has a bearing on the job.

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:18 PM
5 hours a day? Some people actually do have lifes..

I may shorten it, as it does seem rather bazaar.

whats your company reg number?

We are not registered.

I was planning to apply, until I saw that you were asking about disabilities. It seems pretty disgusting to me that you would ask for that information, as it has no bearing on someone's ability to do a job such as this one. In fact, the Disability Discrimination Act states that you must not ask for such information unless it has a bearing on the job.

As the employer, I require this information incase the user needs help or can only work a certain amount of time. How is that disgusting?

Jordan,
16-12-2007, 02:20 PM
O I did it right i thought you wanted it in paragraphs lol

Aflux
16-12-2007, 02:20 PM
In addition to Tim's post;

You are basically failing the DDA 1995 part 4.1.a/b/c which could see your company shut down with immediate effect. If the employee has any special requests or needs then they should tell you - it's not up to you whether to offer them less hours as this is also failing the DDA 1995 4.2.d.

Also, you should not inquire about the gender either until you are going to offer the position to the persons as this you are subject to failing the SDA 1975.

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:21 PM
In addition to Tim's post;

You are basically failing the DDA 1995 part 4.1.a/b/c which could see your company shut down with immediate effect.

Also, you should not inquire about the gender either until you are going to offer the position to the persons as this you are subject to failing the SDA 1975.

I'll look up on it, Link please?

Aflux
16-12-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll look up on it, Link please?
As a registered company, you should have immediate access [i.e - printed and documented] versions of all acts that apply to you, the employer and the employees as reference regarding situations such as these. Failure to do so could again, see you shut down with immediate effect.

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:26 PM
As a registered company, you should have immediate access [i.e - printed and documented] versions of all acts that apply to you, the employer and the employees as reference regarding situations such as these. Failure to do so could again, see you shut down with immediate effect.

Keep in mind there is no contract with the user and the employer.

Also, link please?

loserWILL
16-12-2007, 02:26 PM
I was looking forward to applying.

I do agree, asking someone for their disabilities is a little awkward. If they feel they can't work to the specified time because of a disability, they will tell you. Otherwise you don't need to know.

Lycan
16-12-2007, 02:27 PM
You guys ever consider that in the case of a condition such as phyiscal handicap like unable to walk breaks during the work hours might be extended... along with other conditions such as diabetes
You could even push to if hes hiring someone who has a site disability, all there work would be sent to them in a larger font or offered to them

stop trying to make it sound like hes wanting to get rid of anyone who could be remotely called disabled when instead hes trying to find out information on applicants which could be helpful to increase there happiness in employment like any good employer should do.

of course you don't have to tell him, but items you feel could be a trouble in the workplace that he could help with should be noted.

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:31 PM
You guys ever consider that in the case of a condition such as phyiscal handicap like unable to walk breaks during the work hours might be extended... along with other conditions such as diabetes
You could even push to if hes hiring someone who has a site disability, all there work would be sent to them in a larger font or offered to them

stop trying to make it sound like hes wanting to get rid of anyone who could be remotely called disabled when instead hes trying to find out information on applicants which could be helpful to increase there happiness in employment like any good employer should do.

of course you don't have to tell him, but items you feel could be a trouble in the workplace that he could help with should be noted.

If the user does not wish to state such information then that is the users choice.

About this gender issue, if that statement what you say is true, why, upon job applications, you are required to state your gender, DOB, address, email address if any, and disabilities?

Aflux
16-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Keep in mind there is no contract with the user and the employer.

Also, link please?
I'm talking about the employer and the employee, not the employer and the user.

Like I said - it's not up to me to provide a link to an act of which you should know head and tail of because you are an employer - it's up to you to find the DDA, not me.

Untrue. If the applicant has a disability that could affect their work rate or hours then it's up to the applicant to tell the employer on the application form under the 'Other Information' box [which should be added]. If the employer asks the applicant whether they have any disabilities - this is classed as discrimination as this is part of the application which considers whether the applicant gets the job.

Lycan
16-12-2007, 02:32 PM
If the user does not wish to state such information then that is the users choice.

About this gender issue, if that statement what you say is true, why, upon job applications, you are required to state your gender, DOB, address, email address if any, and disabilities?

Gender is just for profile purposes, if on file you have two Sams and you address the female sam "dear sir" and the male sam "Dear Madam" ... Come on guys stop making mountains out of molehills

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm talking about the employer and the employee, not the employer and the user.

Like I said - it's not up to me to provide a link to an act of which you should know head and tail of because you are an employer - it's up to you to find the DDA, not me.
Note sarcasm.

Also, link please?

As I said, the statement above, why do companies ask for details?

Untrue. If the applicant has a disability that could affect their work rate or hours then it's up to the applicant to tell the employer on the application form under the 'Other Information' box [which should be added]. If the employer asks the applicant whether they have any disabilities - this is classed as discrimination as this is part of the application which considers whether the applicant gets the job.Untrue, in the eyes of the law you should be aware of disabilities within your company. Go outside, find a couple of job applications, and look at the information on it.

If the employer asks the applicant whether they have any disabilities - this is classed as discrimination as this is part of the application which considers whether the applicant gets the job.Thats a load of bull.

I am currently looking for a job, however it would have to be a paid position.

Read the first post, all info is there.

Zroc
16-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I am currently looking for a job, however it would have to be a paid position.

Aflux
16-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Gender is a tricky issue as it's NEEDED to know for documentation and it's on your passport/driving license etc as it's classed as one of the 'big four' or whatever of things you need to know as an employer - it's only when employees get chosen out of gender it becomes more of an issue although you should be taking it all into consideration.

Blob
16-12-2007, 02:38 PM
In real life, in a interview wouldn't you know if their a girl or a boy or not anyways?

Aflux
16-12-2007, 02:38 PM
In real life, in a interview wouldn't you know if their a girl or a boy or not anyways?
Obviously.

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:40 PM

We are not talking about an interview here. :P

Zroc
16-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Is there anyway you can give support staff a weekly or monthly fixed wage?

Lycan
16-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Obviously.

And you'd write it down..... which becomes part of their staff profile

so people who don't know them , know what to address them as...

I mean come on its basicly the same as asking for a title

Serriously i never new how stupid this forum was before when it came to business application and e-commerce, you've fallen to a new low in my books

Jordan,
Aflux
http://www.woolworthscareers.co.uk/woolworths/careers.nsf/corporate/images/application_form2006.pdf
Go page 4 they ask about disabilitty

Cixso
Is there anyway you can give support staff a weekly or monthly fixed wage?

It's a monthly fixed wage. :)

Zroc
16-12-2007, 02:44 PM
and what is that monthly fixed wage, and how would it paid to myself?

Jordan,
also on the last page it asks for gender and race ect

Aflux
And you'd write it down..... which becomes part of their staff profile

so people who don't know them , know what to address them as...

I mean come on its basicly the same as asking for a title

Serriously i never new how stupid this forum was before when it came to business application and e-commerce, you've fallen to a new low in my books
At least we can spell ;)

I was backing up Tim's post about the DDA which was my main point and I was touching the circumference of the SDA which could come into play [never said it would, or had] - it's just better to ask them their gender when they are employees.

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I was backing up Tim's post about the DDA which was my main point and I was touching the circumference of the SDA which could come into play [never said it would, or had] - it's just better to ask them their gender when they are employees.

*Message Removed*

Edited by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator): Please do not insult other members.

Lycan
16-12-2007, 02:47 PM
At least we can spell ;)

I'm sorry was that a jab at my spelling? .... any mistake is normally a typo, get off your highhorse you make them too.

You could ask for their gender when you hire them but simpling adding a tick box to a form is alot easier, i take it common sense has taken a blow in your world then?

Zroc
16-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Sar, what is the monthly wage. I am seriously considering working for you.

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Sar, what is the monthly wage. I am seriously considering working for you.

I'll put all the information online in a form with TICKY gender boxes.

I'll reply when it is completed. :) Nice to see you have shown interest.

Aflux
16-12-2007, 02:54 PM
*Message Removed*
Okay, when you fail to meet the standards of the DDA, i.e - now, you will face the consequences in all honest.

Idiocy has no place in legislations.

Zroc
16-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for that. Very very interested in this position. I have worked for SpeedHosting as a support staff before, however now looking for a paid position ;)

Any chance pay could be weekly or bi-weekly?

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Okay, when you fail to meet the standards of the DDA, i.e - now, you will face the consequences in all honest.

Lol okay. :)

Thanks for that. Very very interested in this position. I have worked for SpeedHosting as a support staff before, however now looking for a paid position ;)

Any chance pay could be weekly or bi-weekly?

Nope, monthly only. :P

Jordan,
16-12-2007, 02:59 PM
will i have to re-apply :p

Cixso
16-12-2007, 02:59 PM
will i have to re-apply :p

Yeah, I'm doing it via an online form instead of email.

Jordan,
16-12-2007, 03:00 PM
ok doky :)

Lycan
16-12-2007, 03:00 PM

Yet Idiocy has a place in you, such a sad world we live in =)

Pat McGroin
16-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I never knew how many idiots were on this forum, seriously. You go out and get job applications and I bet you £10 that 90% of applications ask about gender and disabilities. It's not discrimination at all. You fools.

Jordan,
16-12-2007, 03:04 PM
as i said before look on applications for whsmits woolys they all have it on

Aflux
16-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Yet Idiocy has a place in you, such a sad world we live in =)
In all honesty, I can agree with you that I do have a certain idiocy in me - but in the end; doesn't everyone?

Cixso
16-12-2007, 03:06 PM
I never knew how many idiots were on this forum, seriously. You go out and get job applications and I bet you £10 that 90% of applications ask about gender and disabilities. It's not discrimination at all. You fools.

Thank you. The point I was trying to make, but couldn't get it out in a such simple vocab as yourself.

In all honesty, I can agree with you that I do have a certain idiocy in me - but in the end; doesn't everyone?

Yes, and we know where it lies.

Pat McGroin
16-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Aflux, if it is discrimination then can you find me 5 job applications that don't mention gender or disabilities?

Independent
20-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Wait a second, I remember someone reporting a ripped habbositepanel, and they tottaly edited the copyright, and you decided to be rude and not bother even removing it.

The owner of habbositepanel, did report it... but yeah your staff/you seem pretty stuck up, I reccomend you try hiring some good staff?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!