PDA

View Full Version : How to show death/accidents through drama.

Mitch4?
19-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Okay, so im starting my year 11 project soon, and it's got to be amazing as it's 40% of my overall grade.
Well as it's so much easier to make a tragic play rather than comical, we've already decided between our group that we will be doing something horrific. But obviously with limited props and professional staging and spectacular effects, it can be quite tricky.
Do any of you guys know of any stylised/realistic methods in which we could show death, any type, e.g. car crashes?
Thanks, xo

Nemo
19-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Shoot em! blood packets thingys

Tristan
19-12-2007, 09:57 PM
I find it easier to do comedy init.

probz jst coz im so funi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
evri1 near me jst strts 2 lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrak-Face
26-12-2007, 09:00 AM
You could do a tragi-comedy. Read up on Bertolt Brecht. He created a set style of theatre which incoorporates the audience into the performance.

I had to do this for a peice. I took a serious topic (terrorism) and made it somewhat humorous. It creates a sense of upset when the audience realise what they are a laughing at.

It also allows you to act outside the box. I still have my script I wrote from my piece if you wish to see it. I got an A- for the piece.

Virgin Mary
26-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Be abstract or have it done off stage if it's that sophisticated. Also you can do it behind a curtain so all you see is silhouettes of the people, then it can look like you've stabbed/shot them without all the gory effects being needed.

Asher
26-12-2007, 06:00 PM
what Mary said.

If you want to do a death scene, like you said a car crash scene, stick with doing something abstract. Maybe research the idea behind 'theatre of cruelty' as well.

Frodo13.
26-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Whatever you do, dont do it in blackout, then scream. That is such bad drama.

Decode
27-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Slitting Wrists
Slitting Throat

Bibliophobia
27-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Slitting Wrists
Slitting Throat

u emos like the wrists dont u

Loqo
27-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Sounds tricky. I would of stuck to comedy to be honest.

Earthquake
27-12-2007, 09:19 PM
Man in black coat, light goes of your audience tips over 5 tubs of stage blood and over someone and he runs to the other side of the stage with a pose and swords in his hands, and the guy/girl callopse to the nee's then to the ground.

Markness.
27-12-2007, 09:47 PM
A suicide would probably be the best way to do it, dosent require many special effects and can look pretty real, show the phycological side of things to add to the atmosphere

Asher
27-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Sounds tricky. I would of stuck to comedy to be honest.

quite clearly the OP is doing a performance with a completely different genre. i'm sure if they wanted to do a comedy piece, then they would have.

kills you

zeJosh
28-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Possibly, a dispute/character build up.
A Bang, or sound effect, then the character falling?

Virgin Mary
28-12-2007, 05:47 AM
You can always use lighting, like dimming lights to symbolise someone dying and when they go out the character has obviously died.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!