PDA

View Full Version : Driving On The Phone

Transmitting
20-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Can now result in 2 years in prison. Due to driving without due care and attention!!

Muniflex
20-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Wow you can drive your phone?!

Lol sorry i think you meant driving while on the fone..

Um.. i think that is good, so many people die due to careless driving so the higher the better........

Fifteen
20-12-2007, 11:08 AM
I really hate seeing people driving whilst talking on their phones..really annoys me because theres nothing I can do about it, they desere 2 years.

Adam!
20-12-2007, 11:28 AM
(Y) Thats good if you ask me - Annoys me to see people talking on phones while driving.. Especially London bus drivers, lmao.

Not really any excuses when you can get a bluetooth headset for about £15.

Transmitting
20-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Wow you can drive your phone?!

Lol sorry i think you meant driving while on the fone..

Um.. i think that is good, so many people die due to careless driving so the higher the better........

I didnt put driving my phone..
It said driving on the phone.

But yeah its a good thing

Metric.
20-12-2007, 12:04 PM
My car is equiped with bluetooth handsfree, i never use it..

Samishlol
20-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I agree with it as it will teach people not to do it.

Muniflex
20-12-2007, 01:40 PM
My car is equiped with bluetooth handsfree, i never use it..
One large company has banned handsfree also as it can has the same affect on your driving as drink driving...

Metric.
20-12-2007, 08:15 PM
One large company has banned handsfree also as it can has the same affect on your driving as drink driving...

There is like a send&end button on the steering wheel.. i dunno how it workz.
i just hold the phone up to my ear.

dirrty
20-12-2007, 08:16 PM
i always see people driving while on the fone, so im glad. serve them right if they get done, dont drive on the fone in the first place.

Metric.
20-12-2007, 08:19 PM
i always see people driving while on the fone, so im glad. serve them right if they get done, dont drive on the fone in the first place.

On the highway it's ok.

Teyauna.
20-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, this is the thing, some people can drive and talk on the phone at the same time, multi-taskers. Others cannot which cause accidents, etc. I've seen it happen many times. Not accidents, but things that could cause one but luckily they didn't. But for those who are able to drive and talk on the phone, it sucks cause sometimes you're on your way somewhere and you wanna call up somebody. Wow.

GommeInc
21-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Well, this is the thing, some people can drive and talk on the phone at the same time, multi-taskers. Others cannot which cause accidents, etc. I've seen it happen many times. Not accidents, but things that could cause one but luckily they didn't. But for those who are able to drive and talk on the phone, it sucks cause sometimes you're on your way somewhere and you wanna call up somebody. Wow.
The joys of a bluetooth handset.

I have no sympathy for people who crash and seriously injure thenselves because of driving on the phone, they deserve it "/

A4AOwen
21-12-2007, 12:17 PM
The joys of a bluetooth handset.

I have no sympathy for people who crash and seriously injure thenselves because of driving on the phone, they deserve it "/

Exactly.

I can't stand it when I see people drving whilst on the phone.

Grig
28-12-2007, 07:39 AM
Your not even allowed to talk through headphones, because they claim that it slows down your reaction time.

Seacat
30-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I have mixed views cos I hate to see people making stupid mistakes while driving because they're on the phone but on the other hand I drive between 100-300 mile a day in the works van and for about half of that I'm on the phone, but only because I couldnt do my job without been on it and I dont like hands free kits cos u start shouting uncontrollably when theres no need.

I'll probs get caught one day but Im good at multi tasking so I dont really see a difference in my driving whether Im on the phone or not. For example I can easily join and drive on motorways while on the phone yet I hate to see other people doing it :p

Alkaz
30-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Tbh i think its good, think if you hit a child on the mobile because you couldnt think to perform an emergancy stop and that child dies, i think the sentence should shock people into investing in hands free.

Loqo
31-12-2007, 04:12 PM
All i know is that you can get alot of points on your licence. Not worth it.

Metric.
31-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I have mixed views cos I hate to see people making stupid mistakes while driving because they're on the phone but on the other hand I drive between 100-300 mile a day in the works van and for about half of that I'm on the phone, but only because I couldnt do my job without been on it and I dont like hands free kits cos u start shouting uncontrollably when theres no need.

I'll probs get caught one day but Im good at multi tasking so I dont really see a difference in my driving whether Im on the phone or not. For example I can easily join and drive on motorways while on the phone yet I hate to see other people doing it :p

Yeah, I drive 150 - 200 miles per day, and if I don't talk on the phone that's like a big chunk of doing nothing.

Seacat
31-12-2007, 06:05 PM
That's exactly what I think :p If you spend hours driving per day and you're not able to communicate with the outside world it's just dead time lol

Metric.
01-01-2008, 06:18 AM
That's exactly what I think :p If you spend hours driving per day and you're not able to communicate with the outside world it's just dead time lol

If I don't talk/multi-task when I'm driving, it's a waste of time, especially when you commute a far distance. I can get so much more done by talking on the phone and driving.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!