PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Bonanza Conclusion

Habbox Santa
27-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Hello everybody!

A very wiped-out Santa here. Seems the world gets bigger every year. I'm getting far too old for this!

Anyway, our Christmas festivities here at Habbox are coming to a close as the grand old day has finished, and we're all moving on...hey only 364 days till Christmas! It would be 363 if it weren't for the damned leap year.

Unfortunately. the passage of Christmas means that Christmas VIP is no longer available :( We do, however thank the whopping 162 people who bought Christmas VIP this year and donated towards a charity to be determined!

On the topic of the VIP Charity, here is the final update on it!

In the end, we raised:

429.50 pounds!!

That's a lot of money going towards a great cause! On the topic of causes, we will set out about five charities for you tomorrow in Habbox Feedback (and make an announcement about it) so that you can vote and discuss which charity you would like the money to go towards!

Continuing on with the VIP Charity, thank you to all of you who donated! We have gone higher than we have ever gone before with the VIP charity, thanks to your donations. A special HUMONGOUS thanks goes to ELKAA who made a donation of 100 pounds! And in true Christmas spirit, he gave it all out to random members as a Christmas present! Thanks also to GommeInc who made a donation of 25 pounds!! Without both of them we would not have nearly as impressive a fundraising effort as we did!

Moving on to events, we had a jam packed week for you, unfortunately there were a few glitches as a result of some untimely firings and resignations and even two family emergencies among the events organizers, but all in all everything smoothed over well and everyone had barrels of fun!

The giveaway was also a massive hit with more than 1000 pieces of furniture given away! A page is coming for that too. Thanks to all those who helped out at the giveaway, I'm led to understand that nvrspk4 took a long nap after that three hour stunt, and much is to be said for anyone who stuck it out with him.

Lastly, the Habbox Aid songs. The HabboxLive one is (I believe) finished, and we'll post a link to it later, along with the VIP song. The VIP song has been delayed due to dropouts, delays, and broken mics, but it is now in the finishing stages of production and we should have it to you sometime tomorrow. We will post links to both the songs up here and the DJs will play them a little on the radio as well. We will include the full cast list so you can know who's singing what line, and give them a pat on the back for their stellar performance. (That's right, I said stellar, I'm old, SUE ME!)

So that pretty much wraps up our Christmas festivities for this year! Of course still on the way are the Habbox Aid songs and the decision on the charities, and some pages on the giveaway and charities, and possibly a summary of the Christmas festivities this year for the archives! I think I'll leave the thanking up to nvrspk4 ;)

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and I dropped all the right presents, and I will see you next year (with the exception of the two things still to come, I'll stick around for those before taking off for the Bahamas!)

Santa out

nvrspk4
27-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey everybody!

I took on the mammoth task of the Christmas shabang once again, but I was by no means the star of the show! Everything that went on for the last few weeks was because of hours of hard work by our dedicated managers and staff, and I owe them a huge amount. So the most I can do is thank them individually.

First thanks to sierk and ---MAD--- for allowing the enteire thing to go on and assisting with some of the administrative decisions, as well as coming along to help out with the giveaway!

Also thanks to jrh2002 and Adzeh for all the support they provided, especially jrh with his help so that I had a little work off my back so I could deal with the Christmas issues.

Next thanks to Nick-, my fantastic partner in arms who assisted in dealing with the massive onslaught of new VIPs the release of the Christmas color brought.

Also thanks to Joshuar who did a lot of the work with setting up pages and assisting with a lot of behind-the-scenes work, some of which is so behind-the-scenes its a secret!

Another thank-you goes to opensourcehost who frequently updated all the pages I needed updated, and was absolutely brilliant about dealing with my OCD in having the pages just right.

Thank you also to Aflux, Bomb-Head, and all the great Events Organizers. They pulled out a great two weeks and put together some of the more impressive events I've seen over my year and a half stint as Events Manager. They also have amazingly fast reaction times and one person was even able to cover on the day of! So a big shoutout to them.

Another shoutout to the Productions Department, especially Sammeth. (who left us partway through *shakes fist*, .Nickie, and PriceTags who put together some great shows to augment the events!

Continuing with the departments, thanks to Immenseman, NintendoNews, and the HxHD Staff for putting together their event!

One more department shoutout to the HabboxLive staff, for all their coverage of the events and especially their coverage of the giveaway. Thanks also for their work in creating the Habbox Aid song that has become somewhat of a tradition here at Habbox.

A more specific thanks to the managers, first to ,Jess, who worked hard in coordinating her DJs, even when I told her at 9 in the morning that I needed a DJ for 5 that afternoon and she's also slaving away at that Habbox VIP Aid song as we speak!

Also to H0BJ0B who was a massive help in more ways than one, first assisting ,Jess, along with helping to put together the Aid Song you'll be hearing very soon, and also for his immense help and huge donation during the giveaway. Thanks a lot Danny!

On the topic of the giveaway, thank you to the following people who were a huge help:

sierk, MAD, H0BJ0B, yoshimitsui, CHA!NGANG, Angel-Light, Sammeth., Immenseman, NintendoNews, and xoxrachelxox. I won't include their thank-you's here because I already sent them to Santa and had them posted. You can view them here http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4278057&postcount=4

They were all immense helps and allowed me to keep some vestige of sanity as I handed out heaps of furni to many, many, many people. They are probably the sole reason you see words and not garbled letters appearing on this thread.

There's definitely somebody I forgot, so I apologize in advance, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate what you did, it just means its 4 AM and I've got to finish this! Wow everything just deleted there for a second and scared the CRAP out of me. Thank god for undo.

Anyway, a thank you also to Elkaa for his massive 100 pound donation and to GommeInc for his equally generous 25 pound donation!

And a thank you to all of the departments who helped out with this over the course of the past few weeks, the way we were able to pull this off is truly a tribute to the dedication and work ethic of the managers and their staff.

And of course, the final thank you goes out to all our VIP members and all our users, without whom Habbox would not be what it is today.

And so end the 4 and 5 AM nights, the frantic days, the fun, the hilarity, and the Christmas celebrations.

I personally am ready for some R&R!

A very safe and Happy Holidays to all of you and a Happy New Year as well from all of us here at Habbox.

Until next year,
nvrspk4

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!