PDA

View Full Version : Man City 0 - 0 Liverpool

Shoovers
30-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Anyone watch the game ?

I thought the 1st half was pretty crap, then in the 2nd half the pace of the game was much faster. I think we deserved to win it and man city were just holding out for a draw.

Quote from Eriksson at the end
"Both teams had chances to win it"

Man City chances - 2
Liverpool chances - 17

Anyone watch it and your views please

Hoodstar
30-12-2007, 10:22 PM
I didn't watch it, but from the stat you've given, it shows liverpool can't convert their chances.. 17.. no goals.

Suprised Man City didn't go for a win.. it's not like they're not capable of scoring, and especially at home, they should play more expansive football. Oh well.

Shoovers
30-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Well considering they were at home, they played a 4-5-1 and were defending for most of the match

Jordie
31-12-2007, 09:46 AM
liverpool were the better side but didnt convert the chances dunne and richards were solid for city and i think personally that liverpools title hopes are over

Alan_Carr
31-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Course you deserved to win it, City went out to play for a draw in the first place.
Scousers were unlucky.

Minstrels
02-01-2008, 12:16 PM
How can you say 'City didn't have a chance to win it'? Didn't you see the Vassell much up which would have led to a Petrov goal? We only had two shots yeah, but one of them was a sitter. And Dunne and Richards were solid, that woman you have upfront, I mean Torres was in there back pocket for all of the game. Oh and Gerrard had a poor game. :rolleyes:

bigdavecox90
02-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I watched the game, we got absolutely nailed all the way through the game.

Our defense had an ace game and kept us in it :)

Minstrels
02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I watched the game, we got absolutely nailed all the way through the game.

Our defense had an ace game and kept us in it :)
Yeah but the Petrov could have been chance! Oh OK maybe I am protecting City a bit too much. :P

bigdavecox90
02-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah but the Petrov could have been chance! Oh OK maybe I am protecting City a bit too much. :P

Lol yes mate. Face it, we did get battered! Still got a point though :)

Minstrels
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Lol yes mate. Face it, we did get battered! Still got a point though :)
Aye we did sort of get a bit battered...
And yeah still a point from a 'top four' team, quite happy with that! Looking for us to take them all tonight though. :D

sock
03-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Ye I was there at the match, Liverpool had the most chances, but Man city did play some scrappy football, if good led to goal *cough* Vassell, Dunne was amazing though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!