PDA

View Full Version : DVD onto ipod?

Sarah
02-01-2008, 10:13 PM
How do you put a movie from a DVD onto a ipod.. i know you have to convert it or whatever, but i cant seem to find any good programs or good tutorials. If anyone knows one can you post one here..

WarezKid
02-01-2008, 10:17 PM
search on google:

SUPER

SH-Stephen
03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
One program: Handbrake. http://handbrake.fr

You should be aware that it is against the law to circumvent copyright protection on a DVD.

Jordy
03-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Magic DVD ripper is the best for this, easily. Can do a normal DVD in about 35 minutes to .mp4 format in your exact iPod screen size. Goes from putting the DVD in your drive to .mp4 - No ripping and then converting.

http://www.magicdvdripper.com/

PM me for a serial.

Greco!!
04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
search on google:

SUPER

Ye that works well

I tried it earlier and it worked, i mite try and put a full film on later

You need another program I think to get the dvd files, I used the one Super recommends
its called DVD Decrypter

iUnknown
04-01-2008, 02:50 PM
THIS WILL 100% WORK. And it's excellent video and sound quality. A* from me and it works (I bookmarked it). It is a bit complicated but will result in excellent quality and no adverts and rubbish on it. 100% free.

You need to download your dvd ripper, DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
-Go to Doom9 dot org to get this. (sorry but for some reason I can't put web addresses)
Click "Download" on the left column. Then it's halfway down the page under "Descrambling / Ripping tools"
**this is completely free & not some crappy trial thing**

You'll need Videora to convert the file to iPod video format
-Go to videora dot com to get this

-RIPPING THE DVD

1)Place the DVD you want to rip your video from into your DVD drive.

2)Launch DVD Decrypter.

3)Go to the Mode menu and select IFO I mode. This will give you access to two new tabs; Input & Stream Processing.

4)Go to the Tools menu, select Settings, go to the IFO tab, then under Options, change File Splitting to None and press OK.

5a)Go to the main screen and click the Input tab. It will automatically have the section open where the movie is located (usually "VTS_02"). The PGC file that's highlighted should be the movie you're wanting to rip, double-check this by looking at the time/length of the PGC file highlighted.
*NOTE: If you are downloading episodes from a TV show DVD (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) that has multiple episodes on one DVD, there will be a file for each episode (PGC 1, PGC 2, ...). Just highlight the one you want to rip - they're in the same order as they are on the DVD.

5b) Now click the Stream Processing tab. Check the "Enable Stream Processing" box at the top. Next, only select the first TWO boxes in the window. The 1st should say "Video" and the 2nd should say "Audio". Note that home encoded movies do not support subtitles of any kind and that your file can only have one type of audio.

6)Before you begin ripping your video, note the destination of the video file. This is where your raw DVD rip is going to go and it will be rather large in size. If you want to change the directory that DVD Decrypter will output to, click on the Browse button and navigate to the folder you want and press OK.

Now that you know where the movie file is going, click on the Decrypt button to start decrypting the DVD to your hard drive.

Once it is done, close DVD Decrypter. Expect a 4 GB to 6 GB movie to take about 12 to 18 minutes.
**for illustrations of the above steps, go to videora's Converter guides section on their webpage

-CHANGING FILE TO IPOD FORMAT

Start Videora iPod converter.
1) Click setup in the left nav.
1.5) Click the profiles tab.

2) Click new profile.

3) Now, configure that profile:

profile name: ipod

in the video settings section...
mode: MPEG-4 > CBR
resolution: 320x240
passes: one
bitrate: 768 kbps (384 kbps also works)
framerate: 29.97 fps
format: 1:1 for full-screen
16:9 for wide-screen
(Note- you might want to creat 2 profiles "ipod full" & "ipod wide" and just have the only difference being the format size)

in the audio settings section...
bitrate: 128 kbps
sample rate: Input
channels: stereo

4) Click apply to save the profile.

-Now, you're ready to transcode.

1) Click convert on the left nav.

2) Click the transcode new video button.

3) Pick your source video (this is located where you had DVD Decrypter put the ripped DVD) The file should end in .VOB

4) Under quality profile, choose "ipod", the profile you created using the steps above. *(you have to select this profile EVERY time you transcode, it's not the default)*

5) Click start.

-NOW YOU'RE READY TO PUT THE VIDEO ON YOUR IPOD

1) In iTunes, under the File menu, select "add file to library". Find the transcoded mp4 file. Click on it, then press "open". The file should then be added to your library.
Note: By default, the transcoded videos pop out under the Videora directory ( C:\Program Files\VideoraConverter\Videos )

leony
24-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I am a Mac OS user, I tried the Iskysoft DVD to iPod Converter for Mac (http://www.iskysoft.com/dvd-to-ipod-mac.html). It was easy to use and had good speed. So far I have converted 3 DVDs to play on my iPod Touch, and each one worked brilliantly.

Recursion
24-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I just use Videora to rip and convert to iPod format then drag it into itunes.

lovewenc
03-06-2008, 07:58 AM
I am a Mac OS user, I tried the Iskysoft DVD to iPod Converter for Mac (http://www.iskysoft.com/dvd-to-ipod-mac.html). It was easy to use and had good speed. So far I have converted 3 DVDs to play on my iPod Touch, and each one worked brilliantly.

for mac users:
1. Mac (http://www.mactheripper.org) the ripper to decrypt the DVD you're putting onto your iPod =
2. iSquint(to convert the decrypted "source" video into a format that will play on your iPod).
I find a free ipod converter for mac on the site and share to all guys.
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=490309&highlight=converter

Both are free and easy to use

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!