PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Games

Geraint
04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
We have Chasetown away in the FA Cup. I am dreading it and I will have to witness 90 minutes of tension.

Who are you playing, in the league or cup?

PlKEY-ARMY
04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
we are resting for the JPT semi's against mk dons :)

Kewl
04-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Burnley in the cup >.<

Hoping we can get an early goal, which will make it easier for the rest of the game.

Jordie
04-01-2008, 04:30 PM
liverpool at home

away win

Grainger@CUFC
04-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Vale at home in the league. Bridge-Wilkinson banned and Keogh has gone back to Bristol so Murphy and Jeff Smith will probably come in. MBW is a big miss in midfield. Not so sure about Keogh, but would be nice to have hom back :(. Up the blues :)

Minstrels
04-01-2008, 05:27 PM
West Ham at home, going to see if I can go.

Minstrels
04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
West Ham at home, going to see if I can go.

Edit, it's not at home. >.>

CH3LS3A
04-01-2008, 08:11 PM
We got QPR,

Aflux
04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Burnley in the cup >.<

Hoping we can get an early goal, which will make it easier for the rest of the game.
You think it's not going to be easy?

Knowing Mr.W, he'll field a full strength team.

gosling
04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Chelsea vs QPR

...and doesn't it feel good ;)

bigdavecox90
04-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Away to West Ham, could be a dodgy one, as our record against them isn't too great...

Kewl
04-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Away to West Ham, could be a dodgy one, as our record against them isn't too great...

3-1 West Ham :P

bigdavecox90
04-01-2008, 11:40 PM
3-1 West Ham :P

HAHA, even though we have a bad record against them, somehow I don't think so. :P

Alan_Carr
05-01-2008, 08:48 AM
lol im goin leeds in ten minutes ;)

edible
05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
oldham @ home.
coyb!

Minstrels
05-01-2008, 12:35 PM

Errr... haven't we won more head to heads against West Ham... o.O!

VPSwow
05-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Northampton in league.

The way leeds are playing atm though. Who knows who will win.

e5
05-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Villa Vs Man United :D 5:15pm Kick Off.

Azul
05-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Leicester have got Southampton away, i'm not expecting us to progress if i'm honest.

Kewl
05-01-2008, 06:57 PM
oldham @ home.
coyb!

oh dear :P

Alan_Carr
05-01-2008, 08:03 PM
We lost 3-0 away to Leeds, great atmosphere though.
They only had one song lol, and that was " SUPER LEEDS " oh, and that " Marching on together " which everyone sang, that was quality.
Well done Leeds, shame your stewards can't handle fans, and give away fans **** treatment, but we just sang " GET A JOB! GET A JOB GET A JOB! " :D

Naruto!
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Held by Bury.
Oh well.

Aflux
05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Adam's LOL@ of the day;

LOL@;

Everton - beaten by a wonder goal
Manchester United - they'd be mid-table without Ronaldo and Rooney
Chelsea, 1-0 only?!

Kewl
05-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Adam's LOL@ of the day;

LOL@;

Chelsea, 1-0 only?! with the help of an own goal

..... :)

Jordie
05-01-2008, 08:28 PM
We lost 3-0 away to Leeds, great atmosphere though.
They only had one song lol, and that was " SUPER LEEDS " oh, and that " Marching on together " which everyone sang, that was quality.
Well done Leeds, shame your stewards can't handle fans, and give away fans **** treatment, but we just sang " GET A JOB! GET A JOB GET A JOB! " :D

i went there and we sold the away end out and that made the atmosphere incredible that day, what was their attendance because its always in the 20 thousands which is excellent for league one

good result for us though because you've now played 25 and we've played 23 and we are 5 points behind you so we could jump you providing we win our 2 games which is probably unlikely but its a chance..

thats also if we have a club left with enough players:P

Geraint
05-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Chasetown 1-3 Cardiff

Tonight, I can breath a sigh a relief. Brilliant ground, brilliant atmosphere. If you took 10,00 fans in that "stand" you couldn't create an atmosphere. I've been reading reports and you swear Chasetown played well. If they played so well, how did they get bossed around by 17 year old making his debut. We just outplayed throughout the game. You just have to laugh at their "fans" singing "shall we kick **** out of you". At the end, all Cardiff fans were so happy due to the30 police officers running onto the pitch to "protect" our fans from a vicious mob of Chasetown "fans". I'm just suprised that they didn't sing "BOING, BOING, BAGGIES".

Havant and Waterlooville, here we come!

Naruto!
05-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Adam's LOL@ of the day;

LOL@;

Chelsea, 1-0 only?!
Arsenal - they'd be mid-table without Fabregas and Adebayor
Chelsea - they'd be mid-table without Lampard and Drogba
Liverpool - they'd be mid-table without Gerrard and Torres

Aflux
05-01-2008, 09:18 PM
How many does Torres and Gerrard score lol?
How many does Lampard score, and Drogba this season tbh?

It was 0-0 until 80 minutes when Rooney came on - Rooney to Ronaldo, 1-0. Rooney passed to Ronaldo who passed to Rooney who passed to Ronaldo who shot, deflected to Rooney who scored.

That sort of sums up Roonchester United.

EverSteve
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
LOL @ your "lol@".

Wdf? That wasn't a wonder goal, Its called Wessels [or w/e they're called], being worser than a 1 year old. What a crap shot and ended up in the goal :S?

To top it all of Graveson and Mcfadden had chances to shoot and never took them, James does it for Scotland why not Everton.

Managers mistakes
-First team didn't start instead he brought on Lescott, Yakubu and Anichebe when we were losing, should've started
-Howard wasn't in Goal, Wessels is crap, Ruddy's even better than him!
-Stubbs is only good at headers otherwise hes slowwwwww.
-Graveson, Vaughan and Baines all had the worse games ive ever seen them

To conclude Everton deserve to be out of the Cup, Goodbye FA Cup for another year :). All I can say is, Moyes please dont play that crap goalkeeper against some DECENT Opposition. No offence to Oldham.

edible
05-01-2008, 11:09 PM
LOL @ your "lol@".

Wdf? That wasn't a wonder goal, Its called Wessels [or w/e they're called], being worser than a 1 year old. What a crap shot and ended up in the goal :S?

To top it all of Graveson and Mcfadden had chances to shoot and never took them, James does it for Scotland why not Everton.

Managers mistakes
-First team didn't start instead he brought on Lescott, Yakubu and Anichebe when we were losing, should've started
-Howard wasn't in Goal, Wessels is crap, Ruddy's even better than him!
-Stubbs is only good at headers otherwise hes slowwwwww.
-Graveson, Vaughan and Baines all had the worse games ive ever seen them

To conclude Everton deserve to be out of the Cup, Goodbye FA Cup for another year :). All I can say is, Moyes please dont play that crap goalkeeper against some DECENT Opposition. No offence to Oldham.

Personally, where my season ticket is, I have the perfect view of the Glawdys Street goal and I thought there goal was good.
I always feel unsafe with Wessels in goal. He's a weird player tbh. The way he plays annoys me, and it always makes me nervous.
Everyone's been slating Graveson, but I thought he was good today :S
And McFadden is absolute crap, does not deserve to wear the jersey. Absolutely awful if I'm honest. You're right, He's one of them players that plays amazing for their country, but crap for their club.
Incase you hadn't realised, he was resting some for Chelsea on Tuesday. He only brought them on cos we were losing and they needed to play.
Howard is being rested too, seeing as he is our #1 GK, and tbh I would rather have Wessels play today and lose if it meant we have Howard for the CC and the UEFA.
Stubbs was good, he took over from Neville and I thought he was a good leader today. Him and Jags were the best in the defence.
Vaughan was so quiet, I'd forgotten he was even on the pitch. As for the slating of Graveson and Baines, I thought they were fine and to honest; I dont see why everyone is slating them.
I've just seen a re-play of their goal on MOTD and I thought it was a really good one.
And Yakubu should've got that shot at the very end.
Oldham's goalie had no SAVES to make, we did not test them enough.
And I agree; we do deserve it. I just hope Everton wake up. They talk about silverware but they didnt look very determined today. I thought Oldham came determined to prove something and they were very good.
Just heard Moyes' reaction, and god I hope he learns from this tbh.
Also may I add; Oldham's travelling support was fantastic. I take my hat off to them really, they were noisey little !£&^s.
Hope we get back on track againest Chelsea. I suppose the CC, the UEFA and the league are more important. I wasn't particually bothered today if we did not get through.

Browney
05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
How many does Torres and Gerrard score lol?
How many does Lampard score, and Drogba this season tbh?

It was 0-0 until 80 minutes when Rooney came on - Rooney to Ronaldo, 1-0. Rooney passed to Ronaldo who passed to Rooney who passed to Ronaldo who shot, deflected to Rooney who scored.

That sort of sums up Roonchester United.

I think that sums up the genius of Alex Ferguson.

If you're wondering, heres the people mentioned.

Torres - 10
Gerrard - 7

Lampard - 5
Drogba - 5

Rooney - 5
Ronaldo - 13

And if your intrested Arsenals top scorers are:
Adebayor - 12
Fabregas - 6

So its pretty hard to say that without Ronaldo Man Utd is nothing when Arsenals top scorer is just as impressive.

Aflux
05-01-2008, 11:25 PM
True, but Manchester United's build up revolves around those 2, as described in my previous post.

The other 3 top teams work more as a team.

:G.M.T:
05-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Why doesn't Tevez get a mention he's scored a fair few goals for us this season..

Aflux
05-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Why doesn't Tevez get a mention he's scored a fair few goals for us this season..
Mainly because he's another RvN.

Azul
05-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Mainly because he's another RvN.

Haha, I really hope this is a joke. Tevez is no where near the same type of player as RVN. Ruud was a 'fox in the box' type player. Tevez has more pace, skill and commitment than Ruud.

Aflux
05-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Yet still never scores outside the box?

Wootzeh
06-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Yet still never scores outside the box?
Who cares as long as he scores? They've got Nani and Ronaldo to score from outside the box.
And Stoke are going get Big Sam the sack :8

Geraint
06-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Man Utd have lost two games this season. Both games they have been without Ronaldo and Rooney. If Man Utd lose Ronaldo and Rooney they have no-one to cover them. If Arsenal lose Fabregas, Adebayor, Hleb, Flamini they have players to cover for them.

Aflux
06-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Man Utd have lost two games this season. Both games they have been without Ronaldo and Rooney. If Man Utd lose Ronaldo and Rooney they have no-one to cover them. If Arsenal lose Fabregas, Adebayor, Hleb, Flamini they have players to cover for them.
Spot on.

Even my friend who is an avid Manchester United fan agreed.

Jamie!
06-01-2008, 12:42 AM
We won 3-2 against Port Vale. Bit ironic really, 'cause it was basically a carbon copy of the game against them at home last season...

The first half was awful and we went into the break 2-0 down. Despite dominating the possession, we couldn't create any clear cut chances. Then we went and let in two very sloppy goals, they had 3 chances all game, and they ended up scoring two of them. Anyways, we took Thirlwell off at H/T and brought on Joyce, that was the turning point. This boy is something special like, don't know why Ward has took this long just to give him a runout. He controlled the middle of park, and he got us on our way when he scored 5min after the restart. From then on, there was only every going to be one winner. A little while later, Hackney latched on to a through-ball and smashed the ball home from 20yards. Hackney got his second, and our third after he struck the ball first-time on the volley into the bottom corner, top-class finishing.

Was another distinctly average performance by us, and I'm sure if we hadn't of been playing Vale, we would have got beat. Anyways, it's 3points at the end of the day which lifts us into 2nd place. Can't wait for Donny next Saturday, should be another huge following from Carlisle.

------------

To the Everton fan (Not Vicky...), Oldham were playing a very weakened side today, so you can't really mention the fact that you started the game with a few players that don't normally get much of a game.

@xP
06-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Bolton v Sheffield United.

We/Bolton lost. :l

piddle2k6
06-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Lmao aflux what are you chatting about?

we will see how arsenal fair when fabregas gets injured and all your african players (excl adebayor) **** off to the african nations, then we will see how you cope..

Lol of the day for me was local..ish club havant and waterloovile get a draw vs swansea.

No game today which is good, means we cant drop anymore points :S

I guess we havent done too badly over xmas but if we wernt so bad at defending set pieces we could have not dropped any.

Things are looking up...ish for us, but we have to see how we cope without our loanees and see if super kev (NOT!) can get us something decent on loan.

Perhaps makin gradel permanent k ty?!

Minstrels
06-01-2008, 11:03 AM
True, but Manchester United's build up revolves around those 2, as described in my previous post.

The other 3 top teams work more as a team.
Yep, Manchester City sure do work as a team don't they? Shame Liverpool aren't in the top 4 no more so we can'y really talk about them. ;)

Aflux
06-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Lmao aflux what are you chatting about?

we will see how arsenal fair when fabregas gets injured and all your african players (excl adebayor) **** off to the african nations, then we will see how you cope..

Eboue and Toure - we have Sagna and Senderos to cover?

edible
06-01-2008, 11:46 AM
We won 3-2 against Port Vale. Bit ironic really, 'cause it was basically a carbon copy of the game against them at home last season...

The first half was awful and we went into the break 2-0 down. Despite dominating the possession, we couldn't create any clear cut chances. Then we went and let in two very sloppy goals, they had 3 chances all game, and they ended up scoring two of them. Anyways, we took Thirlwell off at H/T and brought on Joyce, that was the turning point. This boy is something special like, don't know why Ward has took this long just to give him a runout. He controlled the middle of park, and he got us on our way when he scored 5min after the restart. From then on, there was only every going to be one winner. A little while later, Hackney latched on to a through-ball and smashed the ball home from 20yards. Hackney got his second, and our third after he struck the ball first-time on the volley into the bottom corner, top-class finishing.

Was another distinctly average performance by us, and I'm sure if we hadn't of been playing Vale, we would have got beat. Anyways, it's 3points at the end of the day which lifts us into 2nd place. Can't wait for Donny next Saturday, should be another huge following from Carlisle.

------------

To the Everton fan (Not Vicky...), Oldham were playing a very weakened side today, so you can't really mention the fact that you started the game with a few players that don't normally get much of a game.
I agree, we were a weak side yesterday.
Wessels; never really plays much.
Baines; hasnt played in ages, never gets a start and he's just returned from injury too.
Jags; never really gets a start.
Stubbs; same as Baines.
McFadden; always crap.
Vaughan; never really gets a start, always injured, he only plays 15ish minutes when he plays and thats at the end of the game where he cant change the game.

The rest usually do start the game or play more than the others.
If we had our strongest out there, the game would've been different methinks.

-----------------
Also; isnt the Top 4 based on finance? I could've sworn someone said that ages ago in a thread.
And also most teams arent that good without their best players.

Aflux
06-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Baines; hasnt played in ages, never gets a start and he's just returned from injury too.
Stubbs; same as Baines.
McFadden; always crap.
Vaughan; never really gets a start, always injured, he only plays 15ish minutes when he plays and thats at the end of the game where he cant change the game.

-----------------
Also; isnt the Top 4 based on finance? I could've sworn someone said that ages ago in a thread.
True, teams aren't as effective without their best players but in reality, no one or two players can make a team, a team makes a team and if a team can work as a team, then that team will succeeded without having to rely on one or two players.

I say team too much.

piddle2k6
06-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Sagna and senderos really arent title race players. Eg they would never get in the squad of Chelsea (if full team is fit) and definately not united

Aflux
06-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Sagna and senderos really arent title race players. Eg they would never get in the squad of Chelsea (if full team is fit) and definately not united
No, because Chelsea and Manchester United don't have any African defenders.

It's called cover, and suitable cover because Sagna is a title race player, hence the money we payed for him - he just can't settle in London atm, Senderos is also solid - unlike Cygan, bloody hell lol.

edible
06-01-2008, 12:23 PM
True, teams aren't as effective without their best players but in reality, no one or two players can make a team, a team makes a team and if a team can work as a team, then that team will succeeded without having to rely on one or two players.

I say team too much.
I was just thinking that haha!

A team is 11 players, not 2. I think they should base things around the team, not say like Ronaldo/Rooney thing.
And a team like Arsenal?

Aflux
06-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Not just Arsenal, I'm not that biased.

Chelsea play a team game more this year than last year, so do Liverpool although they've always been a team. Everton, Manchester City, Aston Villa are playing team games.

Minstrels
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Stubbs; same as Baines.
McFadden; always crap.

-----------------

No because if it was QPR would be the biggest team in the world. :eusa_whis

Alan_Carr
06-01-2008, 12:37 PM
adebayor is a legend, and when he comes bk from african nations cup, hes gna merk all the defences

Jordie
06-01-2008, 12:40 PM
adebayor is a legend, and when he comes bk from african nations cup, hes gna merk all the defences

he isnt going because togo never qualified

Aflux
06-01-2008, 12:44 PM
That never made sense, but he ain't going.

Browney
06-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Someone said what about Tevez. Tevez has scored 8 this season. Which is a decent scoreline. Not a great one but 8 goals is 8 goals. I'm not gonna be picky. :P

Also, fair point about Rooney and Ronaldo but its always the same when a team loses their top players. You can say that they rely on those two too much but you cant deny it gets them results. The match yesterday is testament to that.

Oh and Tevez having scored 8 goals and Rooney having scored 5 means that if you put both strikers goal totals together and they only equal Ronaldo's goal total. ;)

gosling
06-01-2008, 05:51 PM
No because if it was QPR would be the biggest team in the world. :eusa_whislove ittt! ;)

anyway, went to stamford bridge yesterday. chelsea 1-0 QPR - those jammy gits scraped the victory, the goal we conceded was fairly unlucky; a pizzaro shot off the post and off the keeper. we played positive football and looked dangerous going forward. fitz hall looks the part, and martin rowlands was immense - MOTM without doubt. they brought on drogba, ballack and joe cole but couldn't put the game to bed. we were unlucky not to get the equaliser but ah well...

good day out all in all apart from the inevitable trouble! :P

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8954/chelseaqprbltnkk0.png

Simmzay
06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh Lollerpool...

Good work Luton.

Alan_Carr
06-01-2008, 09:07 PM
QPR played decent, but Chelsea scraped it like always. :@

edible
06-01-2008, 10:14 PM
what was the liverpool score?

Not just Arsenal, I'm not that biased.

Chelsea play a team game more this year than last year, so do Liverpool although they've always been a team. Everton, Manchester City, Aston Villa are playing team games.
I didnt mean it in a biased manner, dont worry.
I just said that cos I think that they work as a team.
I agree about Chelsea and Liverpool too..

Nice to see the bit about Everton ;)

Geraint
06-01-2008, 10:18 PM
what was the liverpool score?

I didnt mean it in a biased manner, dont worry.
I just said that cos I think that they work as a team.
I agree about Chelsea and Liverpool too..

Nice to see the bit about Everton ;)

Well, I was going to say are you taking the **** until I realised you lost.

Liverpool drew 1-1

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!