PDA

View Full Version : LEAGUE 1 THREAD

Malachy
10-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah I didn't see a thread like this soo i just thought I'd start a thread about League 1 :]
So how are your team doing in the transfer window? We've managed to get Sam Oji to re-join us on a 6-month contract. Also we won a very entertaining game which I went to see in which we beat Tranmere 3-0 So discuss :]

Jordie
10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
luton set to sell 7 of their star players

league 2

Malachy
10-01-2008, 05:14 PM
O.O do you think you'll do well in league 2 if it comes to you being relegated

Jordie
10-01-2008, 05:22 PM
O.O do you think you'll do well in league 2 if it comes to you being relegated

dunno all depends on who we bring in

VPSwow
10-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Leeds may be selling Beckford :( NOOOO.

Without him we are nothing.

Malachy
10-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Beckford is class, i'd be suprised if only a FEW teams bid for him

Aflux
10-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Doncaster - Play-Off Finals.

I'm off to the moat to watch Rovers vs Carlisle on Saturday - should be good, - promotion match.

Alan_Carr
10-01-2008, 09:34 PM
lol we should bring in a few more players, as we sold Brad Johnson to Leeds

Geraint
10-01-2008, 09:49 PM
You can have David Forde back on loan if you want.

Jamie!
11-01-2008, 01:00 AM
We're yet to bring anyone in so far, although we have made a £75k bid for Cleveland Taylor of Scunny. Ripped our left-had side to peices last season in both of our games with them, so hopefully he'll be a good coup if we pull it off. To be honest though, we only need to bring in; a right-winger, a striker, and maybe a central-defender or right-back.

Quite fancy Leeds to go on another run of poor form soon aswell. Fair enough Wise is bringing new players in to 'freshen' the team up, but what good is this doing for the players that have been the best team in the league for the first-half of this season? I know I'd be very ****** off if I was part of that team and seeing Wise bring in a load of new players... it can't be doing their confidence any good at all.

Like Aflux has already mentioned, massive game at the weekend for both us and Donny. Should be a good day out, but I'm going expecting us not to get anything from the game. Actually, I reckon we'll get comfortably beaten 2/3-0 if I'm being totally honest. Obviously it won't be the end of the world if we do lose, but it will certainly give the winner the upper-hand in the long run.

Alan_Carr
11-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Yeah, Donny are in good form, that Jason Price is a good player

Jordie
11-01-2008, 03:48 PM
kevin blackwell and his coaching staff resign from luton town fc

they will continue to work for one month and leave on the 9th of february

just going from to bad to worse, fans will revolt and no one will want to be here

league 2 im afraid

piddle2k6
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
This is why football is going from bad to worse tbh..

Football has always been a business but its been taken too far when a club is at the brink, no manager, dwindling crowds, lack of players, stadium owned by the council etc etc.

I feel for luton i really do (although i still wish for them to do badly due to our similar league positions.) its no longer really about the football is it?

Grainger@CUFC
11-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, expecting a tough game on Saturday like. About the transfer market, I'd say we need a left back as well Jamie cause Ziggy's getting old :P. I know Campion just signed a contract extension for a couple of months, but he's unproven. We need someone there who we know can be as solid as Ziggy has been :D.

Alan_Carr
11-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Sad to hear it Jordie :(

Aflux
11-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Sorry no. That draw at Walsall will affect the players hugely - especially JJ [even though he scored]. If they would've won Walsall we would run riot on you tomorrow but no, defence is lacking. If you find that spot were we're vulnerable then you'll dominate. I think a draw would be a fair result; on the day could be different though.

West Stand Barmy Army!

danny-dyer
11-01-2008, 11:07 PM
swindon r turning around
up the town
walsall 2moz
r game against leeds has been forwarded 1hour cuz of trouble :).
top right kingswood gna be buzzin :).

Malachy
12-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Orient are looking to get Steve Brooker on loan from Bristol City soon, but i doubt it.
LUTON 0
SWANSEA 1 - KEITH KEANE (OG) 5

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!