PDA

View Full Version : well chuffed.

edible
12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
fernandes deal was completed today :D (FINALLYYYYYYYY!)
sooooooo happy, but gutted he didnt get international clearance in time.

and we beat city 1-0 at home.
methinks we were definetely the better side first half, and second half it was split in terms of decency.
we deserved it imo.
the last couple of minutes were so tenseeeeee.
i didnt want to have a repeat of last season so i was screaming for my life.
we definetely put city under pressure last few minutes, we were playing deep i thought.
oh& we're upto 5th. would be 4th if liverpool hadn't of drewn with 'boro.
oh well :)
it's pretty close for 4th position atm.
everton, liverpool, villa and city all have 39 points.
it's times like these i thank everton for beating s'land 7-1 :D

discusssssssss.

Alan_Carr
12-01-2008, 06:29 PM
ye, good result for the toffees, who scored?

Jordie
12-01-2008, 06:51 PM
lecott scored

and yeah you're doing well this season:D

edible
12-01-2008, 09:00 PM
lecott scored

and yeah you're doing well this season:D
i hope we continue to do aswell :D
it was lescott yeah! i was in the toilets when it happened (as it always does..) and i had been saying to my mum all through the match "lescott hasnt scored in ages!!"

risque
12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Supporting Everton is a sin, Victoria! Get out.

edible
13-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Supporting Everton is a sin, Victoria! Get out.
who are you? :S
and yeah, i'm going to hell cos i support everton?
okay then..:rolleyes:

i'll always support everton, thanks.

EverSteve
13-01-2008, 11:48 AM
well done Everton, good goal and Tim should've scored one or two.

Fernandes is a quality player but i still think were lacking 1 player in ever department. With Yakubu, Pienear and Yobo all gone. Also in net if Howard goes out, i expect to concede 5 goals with that Wressles or w/e his name is in net.

Hoodstar
13-01-2008, 01:01 PM
I think Everton are capable of signing better players then Fernandes.. I haven't seen to much of him but when I have he hasn't seemed that effective. I might be wrong though..

Personally, Everton need to aim a bit higher when signing new players, they're pretty much an established top 6 team, so they should be signing more established players. Imo..

edible
13-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I think Everton are capable of signing better players then Fernandes.. I haven't seen to much of him but when I have he hasn't seemed that effective. I might be wrong though..

Personally, Everton need to aim a bit higher when signing new players, they're pretty much an established top 6 team, so they should be signing more established players. Imo..
Fernandes is very good I think. But I do agree with you. But we're not that rich lmao and alot of players get overpriced nowadays I think.

Cahill missed a sitter, and with Osman expected to be returning next week, I think we'll be fine personally. And I think that Hibbert is good enough to cover if he keeps playing like he did yesterday.

Minstrels
13-01-2008, 09:10 PM
:@:@:@:@:@:@

GRRRRRR ***! To much long balls in that match for City ;l

Hopefully we'll beat you at home ;>

edible
13-01-2008, 09:34 PM
:@:@:@:@:@:@

GRRRRRR ***! To much long balls in that match for City ;l

Hopefully we'll beat you at home ;>
hopefully you wont :)

Minstrels
14-01-2008, 07:22 AM
hopefully you wont :)

Hopefully we will. :)

Alan_Carr
14-01-2008, 07:46 AM
city wont lose to everton at home soz blondie

Minstrels
14-01-2008, 03:43 PM

*hi5*

I am now adding this random crap to my post so I can make my post longer in order to post it.

edible
14-01-2008, 04:56 PM
they might though lol.
i dont think home advantage matters tbh, it's the team with the best form personally.
idc eitherrrrrrrrrrrr.

Geraint
14-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Man City might have had the best home record in the premiership but they don't anymore, Man Utd do. If Everton can nearly beat Man Utd and get robbed right at the end why can't they beat Man City?

edible
14-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Man City might have had the best home record in the premiership but they don't anymore, Man Utd do. If Everton can nearly beat Man Utd and get robbed right at the end why can't they beat Man City?
Exactly :), good point! I'm just being optimistic too.

Alan_Carr
14-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Exactly :), good point! I'm just being optimistic too.

Yeah, i'm only sayin City cos i prefer em to Everton ya see ;)
But yeah, it should be a good game nevertheless.

Geraint
14-01-2008, 09:41 PM
For neutral games, I will stick to my "away team" theory where I want away teams to win.

Hoodstar
14-01-2008, 11:41 PM
It'll be a draw.. 1-1 I'm guessing.

If there will be a winner, I gotta' go with City to knick it. I think Everton are a better "team" but I think City's individuals are able to break down teams or knick a goal at any point.. as well as the fact of home advantage & city's good home record.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!