PDA

View Full Version : Moc GCSE Math Result

Devil.Wont.Cry
13-01-2008, 09:37 PM
When I did my MOC GCSE I passed everything except Maths. Only one person passed Maths in Year 11 and she only got a C.

I did the higher Tier and got an E. I had no calculator and the paper was 75% calculator. All my friends had Es as well and the smartst girl in my class got a D

I re-sat the Math paper but took the foundation (easier) paper. I got a D which is pretty good out of all the others.

I kept this grade from my dad since before christmas and I still havent told him.

I've got parents evening Wednesday and Reports next week (Dont know what day). My math teacher isnt going to mention my grade in Parents evening but it will be in my report.

Knowing my dad he will ask for my grade then she will have to tell him but I want to be the one to tell him I failed.

Only problem is... I cant do it

Im scared of his reaction.

He either makes me feel guilty or make me feel scared as he will start shouting.

What do I do?

Im really desperate here and need some help!

If ive forgotten anything Ill post it

Blue
13-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Well, if your dad confronts you about the grade then just tell him what you've told us. eg.
"Only one person passed Maths in Year 11 and she only got a C." and "All my friends had Es as well and the smartst girl in my class got a D"

Devil.Wont.Cry
13-01-2008, 09:45 PM
He asked yesturday but I couldnt say it. I was about to and froze. I havent got the guts to start the convo myself =[

Neversoft
13-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Well, if your dad confronts you about the grade then just tell him what you've told us. eg.
"Only one person passed Maths in Year 11 and she only got a C." and "All my friends had Es as well and the smartst girl in my class got a D"

No, don't say that.

When my dad found out I got an E in my science mocks ages ago I said everyone else got an E aswell and he was like I don't care about anyone else.

A D isnt that bad, only one grade off of passing, and they're only the mocks. Just tell him that you'll revise harder for the real thing and make sure you pass. All you can do in exams is try your best and parents should understand that.

Devil.Wont.Cry
13-01-2008, 09:52 PM
No, don't say that.

When my dad found out I got an E in my science mocks ages ago I said everyone else got an E aswell and he was like I don't care about anyone else.

A D isnt that bad, only one grade off of passing, and they're only the mocks. Just tell him that you'll revise harder for the real thing and make sure you pass. All you can do in exams is try your best and parents should understand that.

Thanks :) I'll try that but any more advice would be welcome =]

Naruto!
13-01-2008, 09:53 PM
If you can't speak to your parents about your results, who can you tell?
You shouldn't be scared..

Blue
13-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Tbh as long as you tried your best, they really shouldnt mind

Ras
13-01-2008, 10:28 PM
He asked yesturday but I couldnt say it. I was about to and froze. I havent got the guts to start the convo myself =[

He knows you did bad, if that happend.. He asks what u got and u froze and left :l.. Just tell him..

dannyisnotamazing
13-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Only ONE person passed in the whole of your year?

That is bad..

Ugawa
14-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Yh i done the maths one to it was really hard but I passed cant temember wot with now lol, was a D or a C, but thats not woth coursework and weve got like 5 months to improve on it =]

lew!
14-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Im pretty sure as its mock you still have to learn about the topics, so you havnt learnt much about them anyway.. Which is why theyre mock. So at the end of the year when you actually come to do the gcse's you will know alot more.

Devil.Wont.Cry
14-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Thanks guys, im gona tell him today after school

e5
14-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Say to your dad "blame the teachers for not giving me the correct education".

lAscend
14-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Your dad to me sounds like ian beal lol no offence just make sure you catch him in a good mood or when he is doing something buesy and is like yer yer whatever.

Devil.Wont.Cry
14-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Ive told him and he just said thats shocking... Didnt get a row and my mam said its ok as its mocs

Thanks every1

Naruto!
14-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Is your dad like really clever or something?

mangle
14-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Tell him you're expected to raise a grade anyway.

lAscend
14-01-2008, 07:12 PM
well thats good then just revise more for the real thing and you should reach your goal! :)

Tristan
14-01-2008, 07:37 PM
One person passed? That's terrible...
Also, you wouldn't get a paper that's 75% Calculator. You would have been given a Calculator and a Non Calculator.

dannyisnotamazing
14-01-2008, 07:39 PM
One person passed? That's terrible...
Also, you wouldn't get a paper that's 75% Calculator. You would have been given a Calculator and a Non Calculator.
Glad I wasn't the only person who thought it was bad.. lol. Surely thats wrong.

Eamonn
15-01-2008, 07:48 AM
I think your twisting the truth here just to make up for your own self doubt of failure, by saying it was 75% Calculator, LOL but no and that one person passed :rolleyes:

You need to face up that you failed and move on, even if only one person did pass, why weren't you that person? So don't use these crappy excuses to make yourself feel better because it doesn't matter at the end of the day about others achieving, it's about what you achieve or the lack of achievement.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!