PDA

View Full Version : Keegan returns to Newcastle

Immenseman
16-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Just on BBC sport and saw this was breaking news.

Newcastle have confirmed that Kevin Keegan will make a dramatic return to manage the club. The 56-year-old former Manchester City boss managed the Magpies from 1992 to 1997 and will return to St James' Park as Sam Allardyce's successor.
Gerard Houllier and Didier Deschamps were strongly linked with the position in the last two days but the club unexpectedly turned to Keegan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7192457.stm

Sharpsterz
16-01-2008, 04:39 PM
only 1 word

Hahahahahaha

failure

Minstrels
16-01-2008, 05:00 PM
GOING DOWN GOING DOWN GOING DOWN!!!!
GOING DOWN GOING DOWN GOING DOWN!!!!
GOING DOWN!

PaulMacC
16-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd laugh if Newcastle just owned you all and got 6th-7th

Naruto!
16-01-2008, 05:09 PM
I'd laugh if Newcastle just owned you all and got 6th-7th
Yeah because that's realistic.

PaulMacC
16-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Newcastle will win their next 3 matches, draw their forth and lose their fifth.

Soka
16-01-2008, 05:17 PM
i lol'd at above...

if you mean all matches from all comps

their:
- stoke - win?
- bolton - win
- arsenal - don't think so.

i dont know why they sacked allerdyce tbh, majority of fans - not all are so ******* bigheaded that they think they're a massive club when they haven't won anything in what? 50 years

allerdyce proved himself at bolton - over a period of time, not 6 months
its a joke tbh at how many managers have being and gone since bobby robson got sacked after coming 6th, 4th, 5th in 3 seasons

PaulMacC
16-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh Arsenal, 2 wins, a lose, a draw, wins.

Sorry :)

Paulio
16-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Its got failure written all over.

Wootzeh
16-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Won't stop them losing to the mighty potters tonight :)

Andeeh
16-01-2008, 06:36 PM
hmm just remember when keegan was der before he was a great manager for the club it is realistic for newcastle i would say 9th

Good Luck to them and Keegan tbh!

Geraint
16-01-2008, 07:22 PM
He worked wonders with them last time he managed Newcastle, who's to say he won't do this again. Maybe not this season but we will have to wait and see next season.

Azul
16-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Because he's a has bean. Anyone else think the chairman is playing safe to win the fans over by appointing a fans favourtie?

Good luck to Keegan, but I can't see his second spell being a successful one.

Brody
16-01-2008, 07:42 PM
i just see failure written all over this appointment the chairman just seems like a coward trying to get fans on his side

Alan_Carr
16-01-2008, 09:41 PM
he's gna turn them around.

mangle
16-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Because he's a has bean. Anyone else think the chairman is playing safe to win the fans over by appointing a fans favourtie?

Good luck to Keegan, but I can't see his second spell being a successful one.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Anyway , Alex Ferguson managed to get inside Keegans head last time he was with Newcastle , asking for a tape of the match and stuff and Keegan broke down thus letting UTD claim the title.
Mistake letting Aladyce go , lets face it , Newcastle won't win anything this season. Give him to the end of the season to get his team in place and if he still isn't getting anything going THEN sack Aladyce.

Good Luck anyway I suppose :)

Jamie!
17-01-2008, 12:46 AM
i dont know why they sacked allerdyce tbh, majority of fans - not all are so ******* bigheaded that they think they're a massive club when they haven't won anything in what? 50 years

No matter how bad they have been on the pitch for the last God knows how long - there is no denying that they're a big club. They are probably the 5th/6th biggest club in the PL, the same-size as Spurs I'd say.

I think it's a decent appointment to be honest, he plays attacking football that we all know the Geordies want. The only downside is that he ignores the defence, and focuses more on just attacking. That's fair enough, but when you've got a defence as shambolic as the Geordies, he won't be able to ignore them this time.

Oh well, time will tell.

Minstrels
17-01-2008, 07:39 AM
You never go back.

He's just going to leave again in 2-3 seasons and leave the toons hopeless again AND don't forget Keegan was a 'revelation' there when the prem was full of managers from England, Scotland and Wales, not from France, Sweden or Spain etc.

Alan_Carr
17-01-2008, 07:45 AM
He's a legend in his own lunchtime.

Jamie!
17-01-2008, 02:38 PM
when the prem was full of managers from England, Scotland and Wales, not from France, Sweden or Spain etc.
:S:S:S

What has that got to do with anything?

Simmzay
17-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Err... ugh... yeah. I'm not really a fan of rehiring an old manager or old players, you should always be looking forward.

Grainger@CUFC
17-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Unsure. His attacking style will just mean they might score a few more. Newcastle need tightening up at the back and always have done! I can't see him working a miracle. They might get a UEFA Cup spot, but I can't see much more in the next couple of years.

Hoodstar
17-01-2008, 09:19 PM
This has mediocre written all over it.

He was quite clearly signed on his love from the fans, rather that his managerial expertise.. how's a club supposed to look forward and advance when they're hiring a manager whos last 2 jobs in football were utter flops. I can see this love affair lasting til the end of the season, then Newcastle Fans will realise that they needed someone who's more intouch with modern day football.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!