PDA

View Full Version : Rafa: Momo could leave

Scouse
23-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Rafa Benitez has admitted that Momo Sissoko (http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/squad/sissoko/) could be close to leaving Anfield with Italian giants Juventus amongst a host of clubs chasing the Mali international's signature. The midfielder is currently on African Cup of Nations duty with Mali and Benitez said the player could leave before the end of the January transfer window.

"We know that they (Juventus) are interested in Momo but we need to wait until the end of the transfer window and we need to be calm," he added. There are two Spanish clubs and two Italian clubs also interested in Momo and we will try to do the best for the club."

When asked if he thought Sissoko would leave this month, Benitez said: "Yes I think so. It could be a possibility but it depends on the other teams if they push hard or not."

I think Sissoko is a great player and will be sad to see him go.

Jackbee
23-01-2008, 09:15 PM
He's had a very hard time in the premiership and I wouldn't be suprised if he moved.

Shoovers
24-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Jay, dont ya mean he used to be great lol, he's gone awful now

Scouse
24-01-2008, 07:23 PM
He hasnt played much this season though and now hes away on international, think Rafa should give him another chance, the chance he should of give to Cisse aswell

Alan_Carr
24-01-2008, 08:30 PM
He should be played against Havant at the weekend, surely.

Shoovers
24-01-2008, 08:48 PM
He hasnt played much this season though and now hes away on international, think Rafa should give him another chance, the chance he should of give to Cisse aswell

When he did play him though he was a pile of ***** and cisse was jus plain awful

Hoodstar
25-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I think he's very much overated. He seems very ineffective when I've seen him play.

But he must have some class in him if Juventus are gonna sign him.

Alan_Carr
25-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Aslong as Liverpool get a fair bit of cash for him, it'll be alright.
Cos Mascherano is much better.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!