PDA

View Full Version : No "Cap" For Beckham

Geo23
31-01-2008, 04:58 PM
The squad to play Switerland

England squad to play Switzerland:

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Liverpool on loan at Aston Villa), Chris Kirkland (Wigan)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Curtis Davies (West Brom on loan at Aston Villa), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Ledley King (Tottenham Hotspur), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)

Forwards: Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool)

Clowgon
31-01-2008, 05:05 PM
The squad to play Switerland

Very angry that beckham is not in the team.

In England the are strikers are not very good. Rooney is only one in there [Strikers] who is good.

Smiddy
31-01-2008, 05:11 PM

In England are strikers are not very good. Rooney is only one in there [Strikers] who is good.
Crouch is ace :D

Very interesting squad, I don't think Davis would of got a look-in had JT been fit though. And good to see Lennon being put in the Under-21's, we need to look after him until he's come of age.
lol at Paul Robinson being dropped :).

Muniflex
31-01-2008, 05:11 PM

In England are strikers are not very good. Rooney is only one in there [Strikers] who is good.

Yes it is ridiculous that he isn't in the squad!

But about the strikers... You can't say that Rooney is the only good one!
They all have their own style of play and it all depends on who plays with who..
For example, Owen and Croch (Little and Large) play brillaintly together.....

Xeck
31-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Agreeeeed, Owen is good and Crouch has a better scoring record for England than Rooney. :]

Rooney = 14 in 40.
Crouch = 14 in 24.

I'm not a huge fan but I think Beckham should've at least been in the team for the game.

CJW93
31-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Lol my school are running a trip to this match and the poster says

Englanbd vs Switzerland
Beckhams 100th Cap!

Haha and everykid was boasting about going to see Beckham play haha not no more

Alan_Carr
31-01-2008, 06:55 PM
WTH, whats with the dodgy keepers?
Then again, no decent ones to pick.
I would have liked to have seen young Joe Hart given a chance.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!