PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] The Filter

Jacko2kn3
25-08-2004, 08:34 AM
This topic is all about the bobba filter.
Some words i can totally understand, but PIZZA!
why is Pizza bobbaed out? Habbo has a pizzaria (spelling?)
if anyone knows why this is offensive, please PM me or post here, cheers :)

-Soro-
25-08-2004, 09:03 AM
As so many people try to get round the filter, Habbo put the word 'Pizz' on the filter. Anyway it's gone now...

Remember: Pizz, not Pizza! :D

FateIsTheKey
25-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Can i ask wat so bad about saying pizz no offense but thats pretty lame anyway i think there taking it to far they gotta sack some of there staff :D

-Soro-
25-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Can i ask wat so bad about saying pizz no offense but thats pretty lame anyway i think there taking it to far they gotta sack some of there staff :D

Well I agree it's stupid, but the idea was to stop people trying to get round saying a certain word. But anyway don't worry about it because it's been taken off the list.

Mentor
25-08-2004, 02:02 PM
they add all these stupid words? yet teh filter is still simple to bypass if u wnated to useing the áíóúé letters insted of teh real one? why dont they plug that gap before adding words that arnt offencive to it?

Butcher11
25-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Well I agree it's stupid, but the idea was to stop people trying to get round saying a certain word. But anyway don't worry about it because it's been taken off the list.

The only bad word Pizz could mean is what comes out when nature calls.

Verisimilitude
25-08-2004, 08:31 PM
The filter is most deffinately out of hand. Time to have some reform with all the safety stuff that's going on. If the people as a whole stopped making such a big deal out of hotel safety, the number of people that violate the rules would most likely decline, wouldn't you say? Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the hotel safety, and online safety overall isn't important, I'm saying there are better ways of going about it, rather than creating a nazi environment.

Furthermore, and more towar the subject of this thread, the first step Habbo could take would be to remove some of the words from the filter. You can't even say ****, and we just recently were enabled to say poo. Overprotective, eh?

Fingerboots
25-08-2004, 09:24 PM
:o You couldn't even say Poo?
I say poo sticks all the time xD Natural. The filter as much as I love it cutting out swear words, it gets a bit over the top with some.
Pizza.. Hmm! 717 was I think as well? Anyone know the explanation of that one? :)

:Illusion
25-08-2004, 09:28 PM
:o You couldn't even say Poo?
I say poo sticks all the time xD Natural. The filter as much as I love it cutting out swear words, it gets a bit over the top with some.
Pizza.. Hmm! 717 was I think as well? Anyone know the explanation of that one? :)

7 = T, 1 = I, put them together ;)

Fingerboots
25-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Ah ha still though sort of subtle! I wouldn't exactly work that out xD
Thanks anyhoodle!

nvrspk4
25-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Guess Wot Theres A new Bobba Word. Tubgirl! Wut is wit that sum1 plz tell me!

Fingerboots
25-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Yeah, this was on the Habbox front page. Tubgirl is a website which has diguisting images on it.
Hmm..

Usher
25-08-2004, 10:30 PM
They bobbaed Pizza, because some habbos try to use pizza to subsitute pee-a, but only the other form of pee lol and use pizza, u lil pizza! Lol

Incher
26-08-2004, 05:14 AM
then wat about: bobba and etc there outa control! and red rug who cares if its reD RUG whoopy!

Fingerboots
27-08-2004, 03:16 PM
I know! Nowadays people just avoid the filter by doing things like that. Why can't people just.. not swear?
It's not even nessicary.

sew
27-08-2004, 03:21 PM
bobba filter was a good idea but ppl over 11 only alowed on it so most of the ppl will be teenages so not necersery 2 some words

JackHb
27-08-2004, 05:53 PM
my name has been bobbaed :(

Hi-BriD
28-08-2004, 02:05 PM
if you had seen the image youd see why it was blocked, i have, and i REALY wish i hadnt

LostSoul
28-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Dont worry, I few Habbos protested a few days, and it will be un filtered shorty. :)

Code
28-08-2004, 02:23 PM
Tub Girl? I can only imagine what that is.

EdwardTine
29-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Someone who agrees, 11+ people do you more words and some words i use anyway as whatcha ma call it said reD RUG, that is not offensive and how can you buy them or say anything with that word in, '****' is a normal word, the only words that should be bobbaed should be the S word, the F word, the C word, the W words. the words c**p is a normal word now-a-days, so whats the point with drug, ****, and the cr word?

Mentor
29-08-2004, 04:02 PM
anyone that filters the word cr** is offending henny ****per inventer of the toilet, i think its sick taht people find that name offencive, look it up in a history book, would u rather be going in a hole in the ground? or be useing a high qualty hygenic flushing toilet?

Da-Weasel
29-08-2004, 04:05 PM
lol
y protest bout sum crazy filta??
man dats lame

Mentor
29-08-2004, 04:06 PM
lol u shoudl keep in mind i realy do have nothing better to do :D

EdwardTine
29-08-2004, 05:00 PM
The thing is the filter is extremely childish, the age is 12+ i think now and the word bobba is very sad, just put stars on it, we're not babies.

Mentor
29-08-2004, 10:32 PM
yea the bobba filter is pretty sad they could at least put stars, or even be slightly orignal with the substitue words like my site.

nvrspk4
29-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Well why should habbo waste its time seeing as nearly every1 avoids it. Nowadays the only time bobba comes out is wen u say something not meaning to swear such as red rug or is excited (cant explain or Ill get banned sorry if this is offensive moderators didnt mean it 2 b). every1 else avoids it. With all the protests and stuff Habbo doesnt have time to do something like that

Mentor
29-08-2004, 11:02 PM
habbo needs to do the ovios before it goes mad, i mean it vene has a hot key for flloding built in, neva lown the fact it cant pick up hypenated text? they need to ether send some times actaly getting it to work or s**** it all togeter

EdwardTine
31-08-2004, 01:51 AM
Actually, áéíóú is not coverable, I cant explain why, some people who owns sites cannot cover it up for no reason, beats me but I really do think bobba should be got rid of and should be replaced with stars.

Mentor
31-08-2004, 08:27 PM
u can get the áéíóú , i would my slef but im to lazy :D. teh p[roblem is u have to enter everey swear word, every one, whith all combinations of those vousels wich would take a LOT of efforet and time.

nvrspk4
31-08-2004, 08:36 PM
u can get the áéíóú , i would my slef but im to lazy :D. teh p[roblem is u have to enter everey swear word, every one, whith all combinations of those vousels wich would take a LOT of efforet and time.
sum ppl put periods and then avoid the filter so habbo has no point to replace bobba cos it will barely ever come out

Mentor
01-09-2004, 08:50 AM
there are thousends of ways of braking it, its immposible to get them all, whithout runing it threw a computer but doing them in your head thers to many, all they do is annoy people by gettoing normal words, why the peopel who sware just ad another comma, or space in the word.

EdwardTine
01-09-2004, 02:47 PM
It i.e and thats the worst possible offense word in the world, jacking lol.

Sketti
01-09-2004, 11:17 PM
my name has been bobbaed :(
its because sum ppl talk about 'jacking it' e.i. playing with their 'manhood'

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!