PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Jordie
21-02-2008, 05:02 PM
right so we ( Luton ) are in administration

but are set to put a planning application in for a new 20,000 seater stadium at J12 of the M1

Apparently cliff basset who owns the land and used to be chairman of the hatters has said he will give luton the land for free and put 25 million pound into the building of the stadium.

seems a bit weird to me
i dont know why he wants to give us all that for free

firstly we need to get ourselves a stable squad whos wages arent at a championship level like most of our squad atm and concentrate on getting ourselves out of league 2.. this in my opinion is taking a step backwards and another darlington, notts county waiting to happen?

your thourghts

Geraint
21-02-2008, 05:21 PM
25 million pound into a new stadium. Can't he just give you the money?

piddle2k6
24-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Isnt J12 right by heathrow?

I saw a sign for it last nite wen i came back from holiday lol :P

haha see u in league 2 jord, but if both of us dont get out of it in our first season, then it will take a long time to do

Andeeh
24-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Isnt J12 right by heathrow?

I saw a sign for it last nite wen i came back from holiday lol :P

haha see u in league 2 jord, but if both of us dont get out of it in our first season, then it will take a long time to do

I hope they stay in league 1.

Did they win yesterday against Cheltnam?

piddle2k6
24-02-2008, 05:34 PM
no we were 2-0 up and threw it away

were down

Geraint
24-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Bournemouth, Port Vale and Luton are down. They are all 11 points adrift, I think. There's one consolation for Luton and Bournemouth - Port Vale haven't had a 10 point deduction. I know it's not a real consolation but you have to find something.

Jordie
24-02-2008, 05:49 PM
J12 is down the road from luton in a village called toddington

there is no where to put a stadium in luton so we have to relocate to somewhere close

piddle2k6
25-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Yer lol, isnt ur away end or something only accesible through like a shop on the high street or something?

Tbh u will get bigger crowds in l2 if ure winnin every week than this season in l1 when ur losin alot. Most people who dont go every game dont mind who theyre playin but if theyre goin 2 win

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!