PDA

View Full Version : Eduardo da Silva <33

efq
23-02-2008, 10:36 PM
I hate arsenal but I hope he recovers soon...
If you dont mind groosum stuff well look at this..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oCocNYPUYwY
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RpHufZEaFe0
http://i25.tinypic.com/2ytrzg5.png
http://i31.tinypic.com/2u59jd5.png

I hope the F.A look into the tackle and suspend him for a long time..

Brody
23-02-2008, 10:39 PM
i feel so bad for him could end his career:x

efq
23-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeh thats what I mean, A silly tackle. If I was a Arsenal Player I would of punched taylor

http://i25.tinypic.com/2ytrzg5.png

Wootzeh
23-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Eugh what i just saw on MOTD was sick, the actual bone sticking out >.>

efq
23-02-2008, 10:51 PM
yeh just posted image above

Wootzeh
23-02-2008, 11:15 PM
yeh just posted image above
You can't actually see the bone on the picture though, his sock covers it up, you could on MOTD though :(

Minstrels
23-02-2008, 11:28 PM
It was horrible, if I did that to him I'd retire from playing football knowing what I did may force a fantastic young player who had more skill than me, retire from the game.

Xbox
23-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah seriously, he is my favourite player. It was so sad to see this happened.
As soon as i heard how bad it was i just burst out into tears, don't ask me why im just really emotional. I wish him ALL the best and i hope it isn't bad enough to end his career <3

efq
23-02-2008, 11:32 PM
hey no worrys...i was emotional when i saw the clip on youtube...

Its just the thought of a young persons dreams gone just like that..

Xbox
23-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. He DID NOT deserve anything that happened today, and we deserved to win..
He was probably one of our only hopes of winning our AC Milan game imho.
I really hope he recovers <3
I feel so sorry for him.

Charles
23-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I saw it on MOTD too, then those pictures and urgh. It's disgusting what happened to him, he's a really good player and it sucks that he was cut down like that.
Hope he recovers well.

:G.M.T:
24-02-2008, 12:58 AM
Me being a Man U fan I feel really sorry for eduardo. He is a talented player and a incredible finisher.. It wouldnt suprise me if he did retire from this injury as I find it hard to believe he will come back as good as he was from this injury which is the sad thing.

My stomach turned when I saw the video on youtube :( Also I feel sorry for the players on both sides coz of the distress it caused. On Match of the day it showed everyones faces as treatment was being carried out.

Feel sorry for the guy who comitted the foul as well, Marting Taylor? He must be distraught over what he has done and will feel so guilty over what he has done. Watching replays I think that the tackle wasn't intentional and wasn't malicious. Like Alan Mcleish said Eduardo was too quick. Had Eduardo not flicked that ball in almost certain Taylor would have got the ball.

Nice to see Arsene Wenger release a statment on that what he said about Taylor not being allowed to play again was wrong.

Also did anyone watch match of the day and during the match analysis where they were talking about Gallas? Anyone else think what they was saying was wrong? I mean the lad had just seen his team mate and friend stretchered off with his leg snapped in half.. He would want to win the game for his friend like the rest of the team. Clearly he was distressed, Clearly he was emotional I didn't think there was any need for them to criticise his captaincy after the game like that.

Hope he recovers fully and quickly.

Sorry for massive essay just my thoughts on the incident.

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 04:01 AM
Seriously, I am really angry at Taylor, I mean this kid had so much to live for and had a whole career ahead of him and now because of this clumsy piece of crap his career is at risk.

efq
24-02-2008, 09:14 AM
And Gallas was affected. In the penalty he ran off the pitch crying...
Also Arsene Wenger made a new statement today saying what he said about Taylor was too harsh and he apologises.

Minstrels
24-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Also Arsene Wenger made a new statement today saying what he said about Taylor was too harsh and he apologises.
Didn't he make that yesterday?

Xbox
24-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeh that was yesterday.. Never the less i still think taylor should have a MUCH longer suspension >:(

Geraint
24-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Taylor should just be suspended for 3 games. It was a mis-timed tackle that ended up with someone breaking their leg.

I know it's not nice that someone has broken their leg, but I'm sure most Arsenal fans would rather him be injured than Adebayor or Fabregas.

brandon
24-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Seriously, I am really angry at Taylor, I mean this kid had so much to live for and had a whole career ahead of him and now because of this clumsy piece of crap his career is at risk.
Clumsy piece of crap? It was just a poor, mistimed tackle. :rolleyes: There has been plenty of worse tackles made without a fuss but this one was just really unlucky timing.

It's nice to see that Gallas cared but not exactly the best example to set as a captain.

Eugh what i just saw on MOTD was sick, the actual bone sticking out >.>
Yeah they even shew it in slow motion on the analysis which suprised me.

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Clumsy piece of crap? It was just a poor, mistimed tackle. :rolleyes: There has been plenty of worse tackles made without a fuss but this one was just really unlucky timing.

It's nice to see that Gallas cared but not exactly the best example to set as a captain.

Yeah they even shew it in slow motion on the analysis which suprised me.
He was playing with fire, he knew if he went in and didnt make it he would foul him one way or another.

Mexel
24-02-2008, 01:08 PM

Yeah good point. I forgot he died :rolleyes:

Taylor ran 50 yards then two footed him didn't he?
Its not like that it was a 1 footed tackle what went wrong, its not his fault.

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 01:13 PM
He knew what he was doing trust me, he said it was accidental I believe but when he went into the tackle he knew there was a chance Of Eduardo getting injured.

e5
24-02-2008, 01:16 PM
The first Arsenal statement was Eduardo would never play again..

Warning: Graphial Images.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BukHpck04p8&feature=related

-:=:-scotty-:=:
24-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Taylor should just be suspended for 3 games. It was a mis-timed tackle that ended up with someone breaking their leg.

I must admit I agree with this... Personally it was a yellow card tackle but I think the ref saw the damage and maybe sent him off for his protection so the arsenal players didnt go out to get him. My honest feeling is that it wasnt intentional

efq
24-02-2008, 01:45 PM
It's a normal red card not a 3 match ban.
If his leg wasn't broke you wouldn't talk about this.

People make mistakes, Taylor isn't a dirty player. Eduardo was too fast so Taylor mis-timed. We've all done it before.

Greco!!
24-02-2008, 02:01 PM
It's a normal red card not a 3 match ban.
If his leg wasn't broke you wouldn't talk about this.

People make mistakes, Taylor isn't a dirty player. Eduardo was too fast so Taylor mis-timed. We've all done it before.

A straight red is a 3 match ban...

efq
24-02-2008, 02:03 PM
ok then lol its a 3 match ban:P

A straight red is a 3 match ban...

Andeeh
24-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Eduardo Update

He has been moved from Selly Oak to a London hospital.

Greco!!
24-02-2008, 02:07 PM
ok then lol its a 3 match ban:P

yee :P maybe more if the fa take action but i doubt they will

andeeh do they say anything else

Andeeh
24-02-2008, 02:22 PM
yee :P maybe more if the fa take action but i doubt they will

andeeh do they say anything else

I think for some more tests etc.

it was on sky sports news

brandon
24-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Even if Eduardo is ok to play again, he'll never play with the same confidence and he will be scared to go in for tackles etc.

Tristan
24-02-2008, 02:42 PM
He knew what he was doing trust me, he said it was accidental I believe but when he went into the tackle he knew there was a chance Of Eduardo getting injured.

LOL.
That's a load of rubbish.
Taylor went in for the tackle, Eduardo made a pass and there was no way of reacting in time or stopping the follow through.
He knew that he could have got the ball, but it was given away. That quote's just rubbish.

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Brandon look at UFC fighters, some of them have broke their necks and went on to win titles and such

@DAN!
Look at this pictures, he went straight for his shin, not saying he did it on purpose though.

United.Road
24-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Brandon look at UFC fighters, some of them have broke their necks and went on to win titles and such/
wrestling is fake!!!!!!!!!:eusa_wall

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 02:47 PM
UFC isnt fake lol.
WWE and TNA are fake.

wewt
24-02-2008, 02:49 PM
He's undergone surgery and is recovering.

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Arsenal are releasing a statement on Monday.

Xeck
24-02-2008, 02:55 PM
There is absolutely no doubt Taylor went in with the intent of making his presence felt. I'm certain he didn't want to seriously injure him, but to say it's because Eduardo was too fast for him is just ridiculous. Even if the ball was at Eduardo's feet when he made that challenge, his foot would have went straight over the ball. It was a disgraceful tackle, and I can't believe that from what I've read he'll only get a 3 match ban when imo he should get at least 10. I think Arseblog put it simply, with Aliadiere getting sent off yesterday for a slap and receiving the same punishment, "It’s like giving shoplifters the same jail time as rapists."

Browney
24-02-2008, 03:03 PM
There is absolutely no doubt Taylor went in with the intent of making his presence felt. I'm certain he didn't want to seriously injure him, but to say it's because Eduardo was too fast for him is just ridiculous. Even if the ball was at Eduardo's feet when he made that challenge, his foot would have went straight over the ball. It was a disgraceful tackle, and I can't believe that from what I've read he'll only get a 3 match ban when imo he should get at least 10. I think Arseblog put it simply, with Aliadiere getting sent off yesterday for a slap and receiving the same punishment, "It’s like giving shoplifters the same jail time as rapists."

But if he stood up after and was fine there would be no fuss about it. Don't deny it, you know its right. Its only because in this case somebody was actually injured badly that its a big deal. Besides Aliadiere was sent off for a second yellow, rather than straight red. He was already on a yellow so the ref had his eye on him.

Xeck
24-02-2008, 03:10 PM
But if he stood up after and was fine there would be no fuss about it. Don't deny it, you know its right. Its only because in this case somebody was actually injured badly that its a big deal. Besides Aliadiere was sent off for a second yellow, rather than straight red. He was already on a yellow so the ref had his eye on him.

I see where you're coming from, but any challenge almost closer to the knee than the foot of the opposition player should be met with a heavy punishment, whether it injures someone severely or not, especially when it breaks someone's leg. Tackles like that need to be ruled out of the game.

Titch
24-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I see where you're coming from, but any challenge almost closer to the knee than the foot of the opposition player should be met with a heavy punishment, whether it injures someone severely or not, especially when it breaks someone's leg. Tackles like that need to be ruled out of the game.

If you are saying that i am afraid every player in the prem should be ruled out, becuase every1 in there time has made a mistake and tackle gone wrong!

I will say this again i said before, if it was a less rich club there would be no fuss at all.

Xeck
24-02-2008, 03:27 PM
If you are saying that i am afraid every player in the prem should be ruled out, becuase every1 in there time has made a mistake and tackle gone wrong!

I will say this again i said before, if it was a less rich club there would be no fuss at all.

I think if challenges like these are stamped out it will stop players going in unnecessarily hard. Taylor may have made a mistake, but it's clear that he could have gone into that tackle without his studs showing and his leg being a foot off the ground.

Not everyone has made a challenge capable of breaking another players leg, and the art of tackling will not be ruined because players will learn simply to control their challenges and not go in, like I said, unnecessarily hard and in a dangerous manner.

Brody
24-02-2008, 03:30 PM
if there had been no broken leg obviously there wouldnt be a big fuss about it,but the fact is there is.martin taylor obviously didnt mean to hurt him i dont think but the fact is his foot was raised and it had nothing to do with eduardos pace look at the tackle his foot hits the shin if he was going for the ball his foot would of been on the ground now obviously he shouldnt be banned from football because all players make mistakes but i think a heavier punishment should be handed to him

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 04:05 PM
On it possibly ending his career...
"I don't know. I would not go as far as that but it does not look good."

Come on Eduardo, prove them wrong and do what Henrik Larsson did!

Geraint
24-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Cisse's injury looks worse imo.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1240/cisseinjuryff1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

PaulMacC
24-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Dude, That is disgusting when did that happen.

Andeeh
24-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Finally someone take note of cisse.

he broke his 3 times.

Tbh i would have thought the leg break would have been against blackburn (i know them as the leg breakers)

but Taylor should have a long punishment.

Docked a match wages and donate them to charity or summing and banned for as long as Eduardo is out for (or a month)

Football needs to clamp out on these dangerous tackles

Greco!!
24-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Eduardo - I am determined to overcome this injury

By Richard Clarke
Eduardo has given his account of the events at Birmingham City on Saturday.

The Croatian striker, 25 on Monday, has ruled himself out of the rest of the season and Euro 2008 in the summer after breaking his leg following a challenge from Martin Taylor. However he adds that he is 'determined to overcome this injury'.

“I don't remember the incident very well and it is not something that I want to see again on television or in the newspapers," said the summer signing from Dinamo Zagreb.

"All I remember is that when I fell, I looked down at my foot and it had turned the other way. The rest is just a blank. It was an unfortunate situation but these things can happen in football.

“I am unsure at the moment of the extent of the injury and how long I will be out of action for but I know that I won't be able to play for Arsenal for the rest of the season or be ready in time for the Euros this summer.
"But I'm not worried about that. My concentration and determination is on making as quick a recovery as possible. I am determined to overcome this injury.

“I would like to thank the medical team here at Arsenal for their efforts as well as the staff at Selly Oak hospital who carried out the operation on Saturday night. Everyone there made me feel as comfortable as possible.
"I would also like to say how touched I am by the many messages of support I have received and to be surrounded by my loved ones at this time.”

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=488036&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Eduardo+-+I+am+determined+to+overcome+this+injury

Geraint
25-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Typical Man Utd fans. I went into school today and the first thing I heard was "How's Eduardo" and "Oh look I went into a tackle and broke someone's leg." Then in English we had to write a story on "The Accident" and they wrote it on Eduardo. They'd cry if it happened to Ronaldo. I hope it happens to them, it's not nice but y'know.

United.Road
25-02-2008, 03:41 PM
they are disgrace to man united fans

Greco!!
25-02-2008, 03:52 PM
they are disgrace to man united fans

yep fair play to utd fans on redcafe.net aswell they are even talkin about sending a card wishing him a fast recovery

United.Road
25-02-2008, 04:10 PM
yep fair play to utd fans on redcafe.net aswell they are even talkin about sending a card wishing him a fast recovery
there have been some muppets on recafe but 99% of them are sad about eduardo's injury
:eusa_clapgreat touch by united fans:eusa_clap

Geraint
25-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't think anyone expected this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7263029.stm

efq
25-02-2008, 08:26 PM
yeh theres no need... If his bone didnt pop out or leg broke.
There wouldnt be any fuss

Alan_Carr
26-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Oh my days, its just a broken leg fgs, loads of players have broke their legs before, and no1 else gets a boner do they? Jesus christ, he shouldnt be banned for longer, he didnt jump in with studs up or w.e these stupid pundits and Arsenal fans say, he was just too quick for Taylor. He should serve the 3 match ban, and be fined a small fee, other than that, just get over it.

@xP
26-02-2008, 08:21 AM
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Arsenal Football Club

I don't see why you are all having a go at Taylor.
It wasn't even that bad of a tackle. If he hadn't of broken Eduardo's leg, none of you would be moaning at him. :rolleyes:

A 3 match ban is fair.

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 02:24 PM
It's either:

Taylor is a reckless aggressor who gave a malicious tackle and broke our player's leg.

or

Taylor is a terrible footballer who is a risk to every player on the field.

We have every right to be angry, because Eduardo is injured and we needed him on the field. Simple as that.

I'm happy he's coming back, eventually, hope he has the mental strength to cope with this.

Titch
26-02-2008, 03:41 PM
It's either:

Taylor is a reckless aggressor who gave a malicious tackle and broke our player's leg.

or

Taylor is a terrible footballer who is a risk to every player on the field.

We have every right to be angry, because Eduardo is injured and we needed him on the field. Simple as that.

I'm happy he's coming back, eventually, hope he has the mental strength to cope with this.

Arsenal has NO RIGHT to call any1 a recless footballer untill you have a look at your own teams, i was looking at facts other day and arsenal hold the mosT red cards for a club in premership.

It was a mistake!

BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Arsenal has NO RIGHT to call any1 a recless footballer untill you have a look at your own teams, i was looking at facts other day and arsenal hold the mosT red cards for a club in premership.

It was a mistake!

BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!
Hey, check the fair play table of the last four years and get back to me. So I'm guessing you chose number two, congratulations, that means he's still at fault. Oh well.

Titch
26-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey, check the fair play table of the last four years and get back to me. So I'm guessing you chose number two, congratulations, that means he's still at fault. Oh well.

Check the fair play table of since premship was introduced and ge back to me.

HeartRates
26-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Niceee :D

Edited by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Check the fair play table of since premship was introduced and ge back to me.
There was a fairplay table back then? No, I didn't think so.

United.Road
26-02-2008, 03:59 PM
how the **** can u say this? at old trafford you kept kicking down nani and eboue was sent off for a shocking tackle on evra. do you watch arsenal REMOVED?

Edited by Enrique (Forum Moderator): Please do not use inappropriate language and avoid the filter, thanks :).

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 04:02 PM
how the **** can u say this? at old trafford you kept kicking down nani and eboue was sent off for a shocking tackle on evra. do you watch arsenal REMOVED?
How is this relevant? I was one of those who criticized Eboue for it, but then again, how is this relevant?

Titch
26-02-2008, 04:04 PM
There was a fairplay table back then? No, I didn't think so.

Actually suprisly, there was :P Google it, and you will find a website with he facts on.

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Actually suprisly, there was :P Google it, and you will find a website with he facts on.
The implementation of rewarding teams is a recent addition to the league. I don't see why what Arsenal did in the past should be used as an argument against Arsenal's current squad. Eboue is a disgrace, I agree.

Greco!!
26-02-2008, 06:00 PM
To be fair arsenal & man u have practically had the same amount of yellow and red cards since 2003/2004 season

Man U - 250 Yellows 12 Reds

Arsenal - 252 Yellows 11 Reds

Including this season aswell

got it from here
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/fairplay?league=eng.1&year=2007&cc=5739

Neither is a dirty team

Xeck
26-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Blackburn the dirtiest team for the 4th season in a row at the moment. :rolleyes:

HeartRates
26-02-2008, 08:33 PM
eduardo got merked

Edited by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Andeeh
26-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Blackburn the dirtiest team for the 4th season in a row at the moment. :rolleyes:

Yea i always get scared when liverpool play them they always seem to break someones legs.

i heard he could be bak in 9 months today

Titch
26-02-2008, 10:00 PM
The implementation of rewarding teams is a recent addition to the league. I don't see why what Arsenal did in the past should be used as an argument against Arsenal's current squad. Eboue is a disgrace, I agree.

I think i am not going to keep arguing as you actually had the balls to admit somethink about one of your players which most people couldnt.

Andeeh
26-02-2008, 10:02 PM
eduardo got merked

You have no respect.

"YOUR REALLY ARD CAUSE YOU THINK EDUARDO GOT MERKED"

grow up he got a broken leg cause of it.

PaulMacC
27-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Wow, what an ungrateful little brat, you dont value life do you?
If you broke your leg I wouldnt be saying 'u got merk3d'

Xeck
27-02-2008, 12:23 AM
eduardo got merked

Hilarious AND mature. ¬_¬

JackBuddy
01-03-2008, 12:39 PM
There's no point suspending him for a long time. It wasn't intentional and yes it was a clumby tackle, but it was an accident. Accidents happen in football and I don't see why it is getting blown out of proportion.

piddle2k6
01-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Arsene wenger blew it outta proportion seeing the way the arsenal players kicked united the week before. Atleast Matty Taylor didnt mean to do it, unlike a certain arsenal player

Xeck
01-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Arsene wenger blew it outta proportion seeing the way the arsenal players kicked united the week before. Atleast Matty Taylor didnt mean to do it, unlike a certain arsenal player

The only thing Arsene said that was out of line was that Taylor should be banned for life, which he retracted. Besides, there were no challenges from Arsenal players against United capable of causing any injury.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!