PDA

View Full Version : Martin Taylor receives death threats

brandon
25-02-2008, 07:07 PM
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/08/02/25/SOCCER_Eduardo_Nightlead.html

Taking it way too far.. :S

Muniflex
25-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Mmmm can't see him being to popular and with life these days it was kind of inevitable.

But yes, over the top indeeeeeeeeed.

edible
25-02-2008, 08:32 PM
No need really, way too far.

Jordie
25-02-2008, 08:50 PM
absolutely no need

eduardo will be back in action in 9 months apparently

he didnt mean to break his leg

edible
25-02-2008, 08:51 PM
absolutely no need

eduardo will be back in action in 9 months apparently

he didnt mean to break his leg
exactly! i dont think any player intends to do that tbh.

mangle
25-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Pfft , not like he ran 60 yards and dove in double footed at full pace isit?

He seems geniounley sorry though

Jordie
25-02-2008, 08:58 PM
these things happen

especially to djibril cisse whos broke his leg 3 times?

recovered every time and back in action now

no need for death threats

Tiked
25-02-2008, 09:14 PM
Exactly it wasn't really a bad foul, just late.
I was there and there was no intention in it.

brandon
25-02-2008, 09:16 PM
The Croatians will probably say that England paid Taylor to take their "Brazillian" star player out of the Euros as revenge for them beating us :s.

Muniflex
25-02-2008, 11:48 PM
The Croatians will probably say that England paid Taylor to take their "Brazillian" star player out of the Euros as revenge for them beating us :s.

Lol if they do then that is major league sad.

Accidents happen in football. It is not like this is the first time.....

PaulMacC
25-02-2008, 11:51 PM
That is way off the scale.

Slowpoke
25-02-2008, 11:52 PM
That is way off the scale.

I agree - it's just a game =|

Alan_Carr
26-02-2008, 07:41 AM
The amount of players getting broken legs is alot, and this is just stupid, and over the top purely because he's a "world class player" and Arsenal are victims, its pathetic.

Soka
26-02-2008, 09:10 AM
lets not be naive about it, i highly doubt taylor did it on purpose, was just a poor mistimed challenge, he didn't LEAP in two footed
was obviously not deliberate.
i bet alot of footballers/managers get death threats all the time, i read avram grant was getting them the other day on bbc news

if was on the same salaries as them i wouldn't mind a few empty death threats now and then

i wish eduardo the best of luck in recovering asap

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Death threats are ridiculous, but portraying Taylor as the victim is absolutely pathetic beyond any recognition, without excuse. If it isn't intentional there's an even bigger problem, it means he's a risk on the field because his tackling is so poor. If you break someone's leg whilst drunk driving, you obviously aren't intentionally doing it, yet you're guilty. This man has yet to acknowledge his wrong-doing and is trying to defend his character. What a shame.

Eduardo isn't at fault for being too "quick" and "skilled", we shouldn't be punishing ability, but questioning why Taylor is even good enough for this level of football.

United.Road
26-02-2008, 02:23 PM
pathetic from the arsenal fans

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 02:31 PM
From what I've been hearing it's the Croats who've been hassling him. Apparently he was attacked in a parking lot by some Croats. I wouldn't want to mess with them.

--ss--
26-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Before trying to make witty comments you may actually want to read it again. It's not Arsenal fan's who are sending the threats, it's the Croatian fans who are upset about him not being to play in the Euro finals.

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Death threats are ridiculous, but portraying Taylor as the victim is absolutely pathetic beyond any recognition, without excuse. If it isn't intentional there's an even bigger problem, it means he's a risk on the field because his tackling is so poor. If you break someone's leg whilst drunk driving, you obviously aren't intentionally doing it, yet you're guilty. This man has yet to acknowledge his wrong-doing and is trying to defend his character. What a shame.

Eduardo isn't at fault for being too "quick" and "skilled", we shouldn't be punishing ability, but questioning why Taylor is even good enough for this level of football.

How many legs has he broken? 1! You can't say it happened because he is no good at football and his tackling is poor. That is nonsense! Nobody is making Taylor the victim we are just saying it is over the top! The reason he broke his leg was he got a tackle wrong. Everyone gets something wrong and that unfortunatley ended in breaking Eduardo's leg!

Dude, seriously, shut up!
All you do is try and stir things up with anyone who isn't a fan of United.

It was the croatian fans not Arsenal, so before you go and have a go at people, learn the facts!

United.Road
26-02-2008, 03:24 PM
well i heard it was from an arsenal fan

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 03:28 PM
well i heard it was from an arsenal fan

Learn the facts properly.
2 seconds of reading and you would have known.

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 03:34 PM
How many legs has he broken? 1! You can't say it happened because he is no good at football and his tackling is poor. That is nonsense! Nobody is making Taylor the victim we are just saying it is over the top! The reason he broke his leg was he got a tackle wrong. Everyone gets something wrong and that unfortunatley ended in breaking Eduardo's leg!

Dude, seriously, shut up!
All you do is try and stir things up with anyone who isn't a fan of United.

It was the croatian fans not Arsenal, so before you go and have a go at people, learn the facts!
You didn't even read my post, stop bringing in your agenda with the pre-conceived thought patterns planned out before reading what I had to say. You see that I'm an Arsenal fan and followed suit, disregarding any level of interpretation in the process

One is enough. That is my point. The tackle was "wrongly" done, when did I say it wasn't? When did I say anything other than the contents of the reply you had the audacity to post? I'm saying that regardless if he "intended" it or not, HE IS AT FAULT. Simple and coherent, yet you choose to ignore it.

United.Road
26-02-2008, 03:35 PM
no1 is at fault

Titch
26-02-2008, 03:45 PM
You didn't even read my post, stop bringing in your agenda with the pre-conceived thought patterns planned out before reading what I had to say. You see that I'm an Arsenal fan and followed suit, disregarding any level of interpretation in the process

One is enough. That is my point. The tackle was "wrongly" done, when did I say it wasn't? When did I say anything other than the contents of the reply you had the audacity to post? I'm saying that regardless if he "intended" it or not, HE IS AT FAULT. Simple and coherent, yet you choose to ignore it.

If you going to argue that one, it was his fualt to, for being to quick for taylor,

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 03:47 PM
If you going to argue that one, it was his fualt to, for being to quick for taylor,
No, I said it before, we aren't to punish players for being skillfull. If Taylor isn't tuned to the pace of the league, it's his fault!

Titch
26-02-2008, 03:54 PM
No, I said it before, we aren't to punish players for being skillfull. If Taylor isn't tuned to the pace of the league, it's his fault!

Thats not what you say when ronalado spankds you all.

you all say "its unfair, hes to quick"

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Thats not what you say when ronalado spankds you all.

you all say "its unfair, hes to quick"
When did I say that?

Ronaldo is a quality player...

Titch
26-02-2008, 03:56 PM
When did I say that?

Ronaldo is a quality player...

When i sed you, i was talking about arsenal supporters in general.

HeartRates
26-02-2008, 04:01 PM
WAR!

Everton Fans v Arsenal Fans :D

Edited by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 04:01 PM

It wouldn't make a difference if you were Arsenal fan or not.
Im just saying, yes he did the tackle wrong and yes he is at fault in a way but he didn't do it purposefully otherwise this would all be different.
Yes the tackl was wrongly done, and i know you said it was but i am saying everyobe does something wrong it is just a shame that it ended in such a bad way!

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 04:05 PM
It wouldn't make a difference if you were Arsenal fan or not.
Im just saying, yes he did the tackle wrong and yes he is at fault in a way but he didn't do it purposefully otherwise this would all be different.
Yes the tackl was wrongly done, and i know you said it was but i am saying everyobe does something wrong it is just a shame that it ended in such a bad way!
What the hell is wrong with you? This is EXACTLY what I said myself. I said that HE DIDN'T INTEND TO DO IT, yet your argument against this is the same thing I said. Why don't you just re-read what I said, and get back to me.

jackass
26-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Lol, football makes me laugh.

All the stupid fans who are obbsessed with football, as if its life or death... pathetic.

HeartRates
26-02-2008, 04:11 PM
omg u killed..

taylor

Edited by Hitman (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Lol, football makes me laugh.

All the stupid fans who are obbsessed with football, as if its life or death... pathetic.
This coming from Greyscale? Now that is funny.

jackass
26-02-2008, 04:14 PM
This coming from Greyscale? Now that is funny.

What? :S

I don't even like football...

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 04:18 PM
What? :S

I don't even like football...
I guess subtlety doesn't work well with everyone.

jackass
26-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I guess subtlety doesn't work well with everyone.

Anyway, care to explain what you were on about?

Shrlurp
26-02-2008, 04:23 PM
sad to read...

Charlie
26-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm sure the guy didn't intend to break his leg, and if he's sorry then thats it. If the guy can come back and play football after he's healed and stuff, then I don't see the problem. Sending death threats is just going way to far, but I guess that's the way some people are.

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 04:28 PM
What the hell is wrong with you? This is EXACTLY what I said myself. I said that HE DIDN'T INTEND TO DO IT, yet your argument against this is the same thing I said. Why don't you just re-read what I said, and get back to me.

My original argument is over the fact you said it was Taylors fault because he is not good enough for the pace oif the premiership which is a load of rubbish.
I know you were saying he didn't inted to do it and i never said you said he did.

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 04:31 PM
My original argument is over the fact you said it was Taylors fault because he is not good enough for the pace oif the premiership which is a load of rubbish.
I know you were saying he didn't inted to do it and i never said you said he did.
No I said that because this injury occured that he is a risk in the league. Not the other way around. I don't even know him at all, but if a tackle can be mistimed to that extent then he has to rethink his career.

So the argument is now that I think the act is more importat than intent and others think the intent is all that matters. Agree to disagree, and that's that.

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 04:36 PM
I think the intent is more important. So i disagree.

It was 1 mistake and everyone makes mistakes even if it is doing something they are good at.

Simmzay
26-02-2008, 04:39 PM
I think the intent is more important. So i disagree.

It was 1 mistake and everyone makes mistakes even if it is doing something they are good at.
We know, we know. The important thing is that Eduardo recovers.

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 04:41 PM
We know, we know. The important thing is that Eduardo recovers.

Yes, i wish him all the best and hope to see him back in football soon.

Shame that he is going to miss out on Euro though:(

Xeck
26-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Death threats.. ridiculous. :l

exactly! i dont think any player intends to do that tbh.

AGREEEEEED....... except Roy Keane.

Muniflex
26-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Death threats.. ridiculous. :l

AGREEEEEED....... except Roy Keane.

Yea well, keano was a nutcase wasn't he?! lol

Xeck
26-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Yea well, keano was a nutcase wasn't he?! lol

True. ;P

Geraint
26-02-2008, 09:02 PM
What more does Taylor have to go through?

He breaks someone's legs then gets death threats.

If I broke someone's leg like the way Eduardo did, I wouldn't know how to feel. He'll probably never go in for a challenge again. It affects the player who did the tackle as well.

e5
26-02-2008, 09:03 PM
He didn't mean to do it! Poor lad :(

Muniflex
27-02-2008, 11:45 AM
What more does Taylor have to go through?

He breaks someone's legs then gets death threats.

If I broke someone's leg like the way Eduardo did, I wouldn't know how to feel. He'll probably never go in for a challenge again. It affects the player who did the tackle as well.

Yea he must be feeling so guilty.
How long is he banned for?
And i agree, it really might affect his play quite badly.

StefanCampbell
27-02-2008, 07:40 PM
No I said that because this injury occured that he is a risk in the league. Not the other way around. I don't even know him at all, but if a tackle can be mistimed to that extent then he has to rethink his career.

So the argument is now that I think the act is more importat than intent and others think the intent is all that matters. Agree to disagree, and that's that.

Idk how u can say that really, that he mistimed one bad tackle and unfortunately, very badly injured a player who was to quick for him. Over the whole premier league season there is probably HUNDREDS of mistimes tackles, some resulting in nothing, but some resulting bad, But by saying he needs to 'rethink hes career' cause of one foul is pathetic, by that you are criticising many players in the premiership not just the one. Now you go rethink your arguement and come back. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!