PDA

View Full Version : Some Speaking Help

Blue
01-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Ok, for my German exams, I need to remember about 20ish questions and answers, but unfortunately, I have a crap memory.
So I'm asking you lot how you remember things, so hopefully I can pick pick up some tips :)

Charlie
01-03-2008, 12:38 AM
Try and remember a few words from the questions and answers, one that give away what the question is, and just memorise them and then the full question/answer after.

If that makes sense, so that you'll think that word, and then the question or answer that goes with it. Or, flash cards which you can take with you most places to read from when you need to remember them.

Muniflex
01-03-2008, 01:32 AM
Sit in a quite place. No distractions.

And put pen to paper.
Best way to gel something into your mind is to write it down.
Maybe think of something funny that rhymes with a few of them and you may remember it that way...

Hope that helps:)

Criminal
01-03-2008, 01:45 AM
I don't. I've always hated German I don't care that I failed. It's only German, it's not like it's going to help me on jobs in England and it's not going to set me back as it's not important :P

Muniflex
01-03-2008, 02:07 AM
I don't. I've always hated German I don't care that I failed. It's only German, it's not like it's going to help me on jobs in England and it's not going to set me back as it's not important :P

But if you ever had to go to Germany for work or just go on holiday then you may regret it as it would make things alot easier...

On topic: Just practise evey chance you egt really. If you have 5 minutes waiting for a friend go over them...

Criminal
01-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Okay I didn't really give you any help so here it goes, every night before you go bed just read the words out loud and remember there meanings and stuff. And then when you're at school and you forgot the words in your mind you can just basically "play back" you what you where saying and doing last night and then you can remember it all ;)

Decode
01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Write them on the back of your hand

awelsh
01-03-2008, 10:03 PM
you allowed sum sort of dictionary? just write the answers randomly throughout the book, or like I did for maths, write the answers on the little paper bit on the inside cover of the calculator lol

Inseriousity.
09-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, I do French but we're kinda in the same boat as we do the same thing... have to learn about 20+ questions only to find out that only 15 will be asked :p

Well, I just walk about the house, reading from my book and for some weird reason it works.

I know you cant use memory joggers but if you did a memory jogger then tried to remember the memory jogger, you might be able to help from that... but yeah, it's hard :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!