PDA

View Full Version : United Minus Ronaldo and Rooney

Browney
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
Today in the United versus Fulham match, Sir Alex decided to rest his two star players, Ronaldo and Rooney in preperation for Tuesday's Champions League match against Lyon. United grabbed a 3-0 win with goals from Hargreaves, Park and an own goal from Simon Davies after a John O'Shea cross. The point is, I believe that this win goes to show the United critics who say that we rely on Ronaldo and Rooney that we dont always need our star players to get points.

I do understand that I shouldn't get excited as it's just Fulham, but It's nice to give the critics some results to have a look at. Hopefully, in matches where we are missing the star players, we will stop losing points.

But I've had my say, what do you think?

United.Road
01-03-2008, 08:29 PM
yeh good post. there are a few muppets on here who think man united are a 2 man team. this result just confirms that we are not a 2 man team

Bojangles
01-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Good post. Althought rooney and ronaldo are uniteds star players, we don't need them to get points. Yes, they are an asset to the club but just proves we don't need them all the time :)

Geraint
01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
They're playing Fulham. What about for the big games like Man City then?

United.Road
01-03-2008, 08:32 PM
They're playing Fulham. What about for the big games like Man City then?
but didnt arsenal draw to birmingham who are also battling relegation????? :eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis

Bojangles
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
On the munich anniversary we lost against city WITH ronaldo and rooney playing so just goes to show they don't win us games always :S

Geraint
01-03-2008, 08:35 PM
but didnt arsenal draw to birmingham who are also battling relegation????? :eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis:eusa_whis

Aren't they top?

On the munich anniversary we lost against city WITH ronaldo and rooney playing so just goes to show they don't win us games always :S

Even worse.

PaulMacC
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Birmingham are actually starting to improve.
Your playing against Fulham, wise up.
Birmingham robbed us, we should have won that game.

United.Road
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Aren't they top?

Even worse.
top but not for long

Mortalized
01-03-2008, 09:07 PM
It's called jealousy, just cause their teams are just utter s*** ;)

Browney
01-03-2008, 09:09 PM
United.Road, I was hoping for Arsenal results not to be dragged into this, but just be a thread about Uniteds results with and without Ronaldo and Rooney please. :)

United.Road
01-03-2008, 09:10 PM
sorry i had to because cardiff city bought up man city

Browney
01-03-2008, 09:13 PM
sorry i had to because cardiff city bought up man city

Aye thats fair enough, as I thought mentioning Manchester City was just the tiniest bit off topic as we weren't missing Ronaldo or Ronney that day.

Jordie
01-03-2008, 09:22 PM
9 times out of 10 united will struggle without ronaldo and rooney

it helps with fulham being one the poorest sides in the premier league and looking like a cert for relegation.

Geraint
01-03-2008, 11:49 PM

So ***** they're top

Aye thats fair enough, as I thought mentioning Manchester City was just the tiniest bit off topic as we weren't missing Ronaldo or Ronney that day.

I was on about the away game.

[DC]eption
03-03-2008, 11:55 AM
So ***** they're top

At the end of the day we are still the premiership champions.

Aflux
04-03-2008, 02:56 PM
And that's called glory supporting.

Mortalized
04-03-2008, 03:57 PM
And that's called glory supporting.

no its not :rolleyes:

Minstrels
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
no its not :rolleyes:

A glory hunter is a term used towards people who are, or who are suspect to, supporting a particular football club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_club) due to its size, quality and/or popularity in the media.[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)] Glory hunters usually live outside the town where a particular team is from, and may, in fact, live in a different country altogether.
From the God of Wikipedia!
And your from... Birmingham? Sweet one dude...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hunter

United.Road
04-03-2008, 06:03 PM
From the God of Wikipedia!
And your from... Birmingham? Sweet one dude...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hunter
but your from oldham not manchester
so you should support oldham you glory grabber

Minstrels
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
but your from oldham not manchester
so you should support oldham you glory grabber
I'm not from Oldham... :rolleyes:
I'm from Manchester, I take it you were looking at your FourFourTwo magazine and saw Oldham were from the North West and posted that to start an argument ci?

Mortalized
04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
bluemoon you big cup of fail.. stop complaining about people's teams. whatever you say won't change that.. why dont you ****

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't insult other forum members.

Minstrels
04-03-2008, 06:54 PM
bluemoon you big cup of fail.. stop complaining about people's teams. whatever you say won't change that.. why dont you ****
I'm not complaining about peoples teams, he is... lol. And as for the 'big cup of fail' I didn't fail, you did when you didn't see United.Road saying I should support Oldham. :rolleyes:

Mortalized
04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
meh...

This thread goes for all teams rly

manchester city were total **** last season and they buy all these foreign players.. waheey they go up 10 places in the table

aston villa, martin o neill brough aload of new players in.. they sit in 7th or 6th. cant remember

Teams must buy these good players.. sounds like your calling it a crime if they have them. :/

PaulMacC
04-03-2008, 10:22 PM
2-0 and the rot continues!

Pyroka
05-03-2008, 12:11 AM
i stand corrected. good job.

United.Road
05-03-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm not from Oldham... :rolleyes:
I'm from Manchester, I take it you were looking at your FourFourTwo magazine and saw Oldham were from the North West and posted that to start an argument ci?
you live closest to burnley, blackburn and wigan
why not support them??

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Todmorden,+OL14,+United+Kingdom&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 07:37 AM
why not support them??

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Todmorden,+OL14,+United+Kingdom&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Would that be because:
1) I was born in Manchester
2) I live about 30 minutes from there?
and
3) Lmao at you, your just sad. You put my post code in from the snow thread (yes I did block out the last digits so he didn't get the whole thing :rolleyes:) to try and start another glory grabber argument. Your obsessed.

Bojangles
05-03-2008, 12:56 PM
why not support them??

Wait to because I live in plymouth your saying I should support plymouth not united? Get real..

United.Road
05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Wait to because I live in plymouth your saying I should support plymouth not united? Get real..
i live in leicester and he says anyone who lives outside manchester shouldnt support a manchester team

Bojangles
05-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Ohh right well he's wrong. I'll support whoever I've want. I've got the kits, been to the games, I am a supporter of United.

United.Road
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Ohh right well he's wrong. I'll support whoever I've want. I've got the kits, been to the games, I am a supporter of United.
fair play dont listen to bluemoon hes a hypocrite

Technologic
05-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Ha ha. People take football wayyy too seriously.

lol.

And to keep on topic... i'm happy for united

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 03:15 PM
fair play dont listen to bluemoon hes a hypocrite
Me a hypocrite? Dam man how am I? If you can read you would have seen I said your from Birmingham aka your born in Birmingham, I'm from Manchester because I was born from Manchester. :rolleyes:

Geraint
05-03-2008, 04:30 PM
why not support them??

How's he a glory supporter when he actually goes to see the games, unlike some.

United.Road
05-03-2008, 04:34 PM
my great nan was born in manchester (thats why i support united)

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 04:36 PM
my great nan was born in manchester (thats why i support united)
Doesn't mean you were born there.

United.Road
05-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Doesn't mean you were born there.
i was joking :rolleyes: so ur telling me that if your born in manchester u can support them? but if ur not born in manchester your a glory grabber

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 04:38 PM
i was joking :rolleyes: so ur telling me that if your born in manchester u can support them? but if ur not born in manchester your a glory grabber
Pretty much because you don't come from the Manchester region.

United.Road
05-03-2008, 04:40 PM
im the best united supporter on this forum

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 04:44 PM
im the best united supporter on this forum
No your not lol...

United.Road
05-03-2008, 04:46 PM
all the other united fans are closet arsenal fans. mortalized is a good man united supporter though

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 04:48 PM
all the other united fans are closet arsenal fans. mortalized is a good man united supporter though
Your both poor fans, Muniflex is the best fan of Man u (oh soz I 4get dat annoys u!!!) on this forum.

Xeck
05-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Your both poor fans, Muniflex is the best fan of Man u (oh soz I 4get dat annoys u!!!) on this forum.

Agreed ^

Mortalized
05-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Not this crap about you gotta live within X miles of old trafford to support them

Muniflex
05-03-2008, 08:34 PM

Agreed ^

Woo go me:)

Thanks guys <3

Browney
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM

Oh you found my secret. Guess I should admit my love for the Gunners then.

And I dunno really who is the best fan, but if we are "voting" I'll go with Muniflex.

Geraint
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Isn't it strange how the best Man Utd fan lives in Spain.

Browney
05-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Isn't it strange how the best Man Utd fan lives in Spain.

Not particularly. Being a great fan has nothing to do with location. If I had to choose between a supporter from Manchester who doesnt make the effort and a great fan from abroad I'd go for the person abroad.

Minstrels
05-03-2008, 09:54 PM

And I dunno really who is the best fan, but if we are "voting" I'll go with Muniflex.
I thought you supported Sunderland more...? :P

Muniflex
06-03-2008, 12:56 AM

Im gunna make a poll, make me feel good:P

Thanks btw:)

Lol

United.Road
06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
best united from spain hahahha

Minstrels
06-03-2008, 03:15 PM
best united from spain hahahha
And in English I think you mean...
'Your the best United fan however you live in Spain? lololololololol!' urm mate... shut it!!!

Mortalized
06-03-2008, 03:29 PM
This thread is getting more and more pathetic by the day..

United.Road
06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
i agree this thread is so stupid

Minstrels
06-03-2008, 03:59 PM
i agree this thread is so stupid
And I wonder who made it go stupid then... :rolleyes:

Browney
06-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I thought you supported Sunderland more...? :P

It can vary from day to day. ;) Besides if there's a chance to argue with United why not take it? :P

Mortalized
06-03-2008, 05:29 PM
And I wonder who made it go stupid then... :rolleyes:

*points in your direction*

:eusa_whis

Minstrels
06-03-2008, 05:33 PM
*points in your direction*

:eusa_whis
Hmm yes, all me. How does it feel knowing most of the people in the sports section all think you and United.Road are sad and are just here to start arguments? Oh do tell me.

Muniflex
07-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Mm agreed it has gone stupid due to arguments but close the thread and it will just be restarted....

Stupid.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!