PDA

View Full Version : Making friends on holiday

Slimjim1001
02-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Hey when i go on holiday i get bored, and im going to Turkey this year in a BIG BIG resort in summer holidays right after my SATS and i want to have a fun time, so i want to make some friends there and go out with them so i dont have to hang round with my mum and dad bored. I am not a nerdy guy, and im not shy around people once i get to know them, its just hard making friends when im there, I'm quite shy. But i want to make some on holiday, Tips? or is there any other alternative? Have you ever made any friends on holiday or do you keep yourself to yourself? Thanks all help appreshiated.

Criminal
02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
I made loads of good friends when I was younger, we went like tennis every night after swimming and stuff but then we lost contact as I got older.

dirrty
02-03-2008, 01:18 PM
if ur sitting next 2 some1, just b lik hi and start a convo.

or do wot i did and tripped the guy ova on accident then become friends.

Nemo
02-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Yer, everytime ive gone on holiday i've made a new friend. It was fun :).

Just be yourself really, go to places and you'll start meeting people.

Slimjim1001
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeh but ill look like an idiot walking up to someone and blates asking them to hang with me. I have no brothers or sisters with me which makes it more under pressure, SORRY to be making a BIG deal out of what seems to be such a little worry, but i want this holiday to be decent

Nemo
02-03-2008, 01:25 PM
You'll just find someone, like if i go to the park around my area to the football part, there will be people there. Ill ask em if they want a game, we start chatting in the breaks etc. Bam. We're friends and start hanging out more and stuff.

dirrty
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeh but ill look like an idiot walking up to someone and blates asking them to hang with me. I have no brothers or sisters with me which makes it more under pressure, SORRY to be making a BIG deal out of what seems to be such a little worry, but i want this holiday to be decent
no not walk up to them and introduce. like if ur at the swimming pool, or at the evening entertainment and u happen to b sitting next to some1, then just say hi.

or do those activities with the hotels, which means u will b hanging around with ppl ur age. then it will b easy to make friends.

Slimjim1001
02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Sorry i dont like doing holiday clubs, i dont like doing them and it gets in the way of excersions and stuff. I think i heard once of a website where you meet online before you go there and meet up there? i may be wrong please correct me lol.

dirrty
02-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Sorry i dont like doing holiday clubs, i dont like doing them and it gets in the way of excersions and stuff. I think i heard once of a website where you meet online before you go there and meet up there? i may be wrong please correct me lol.
huh?
the ones i know of is the hotel has daily acitivities where u can do water polo, games etc. with the organiser and other ppl ur age in the hotel. its a perfect way for u to make friends, but if u don wanna participate then it will b harder for u 2 make friends.

Slimjim1001
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I dont want to sound like a 'hardman' Since its all inclusive like my other holiday Majorca when my brother came, a group of teenagers approached him and he made friends and since he got given a 'yellow bracelet' meaning he can get alcohol (all inclusive) so they just went out and got drunk every night...thats kinda what i want to do just enjoy myself. Yeah sport isnt my kind of thing unfortunatly.

brandon
02-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Hey when i go on holiday i get bored, and im going to Turkey this year in a BIG BIG resort in summer holidays right after my SATS and i want to have a fun time, so i want to make some friends there and go out with them so i dont have to hang round with my mum and dad bored. I am not a nerdy guy, and im not shy around people once i get to know them, its just hard making friends when im there, I'm quite shy. But i want to make some on holiday, Tips? or is there any other alternative? Have you ever made any friends on holiday or do you keep yourself to yourself? Thanks all help appreshiated.
I'm going to Florida in the Easter Holidays and I'm in the same position, Im not bothered about how to make friends more how to get the oppurtunity. I would get lost wandering on my own as I am only 10 years old.

Slimjim1001
02-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm going to Florida in the Easter Holidays and I'm in the same position, Im not bothered about how to make friends more how to get the oppurtunity. I would get lost wandering on my own as I am only 10 years old.
Hey uh yeh...so you made your hxf account when you were 6?

any more suggestions / help appreshiated please.

dirrty
02-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I dont want to sound like a 'hardman' Since its all inclusive like my other holiday Majorca when my brother came, a group of teenagers approached him and he made friends and since he got given a 'yellow bracelet' meaning he can get alcohol (all inclusive) so they just went out and got drunk every night...thats kinda what i want to do just enjoy myself. Yeah sport isnt my kind of thing unfortunatly.
its not all about sports. its a variety of everything teenagers like.
when u get there u will understand. ive gone all inclusive before and they always have these activities, and the kids there r always different. just cuz something happened on a previous holiday doesnt mean it will happen on other 1s.

Unbilotitled
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Go and talk to them?

Slimjim1001
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
its not all about sports. its a variety of everything teenagers like.
when u get there u will understand. ive gone all inclusive before and they always have these activities, and the kids there r always different. just cuz something happened on a previous holiday doesnt mean it will happen on other 1s.
True, but i dont want to be hanging around with a complete and utter geek who isnt allowed around the resort after dinner. I wouldnt mind meeting a girl there though.

Go and talk to them?
People said that before and i replied. read the thread before posting next time please

Turnip
02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
If theres like a sporting event or summin on at your resort
Join in, and talk to your team..
Hopefully then, you will see them again and have another game etc.

dirrty
02-03-2008, 02:24 PM
True, but i dont want to be hanging around with a complete and utter geek who isnt allowed around the resort after dinner. I wouldnt mind meeting a girl there though.

these activities usually end before dinner then after the hotel as evening entertainment. and its not only geeks who go to the activities :/

Slimjim1001
02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
i guesse

Dan2nd
02-03-2008, 02:57 PM
yeah I agree with dirrty when I went to an all inclusive hotel they were always bugging me trying to get me to play water polo and stuff I have a brother and sister so always kinda just went around with them and kept ourselfs to ourselfs though we did once try one of those holiday club things when we went to the Turks an Caiacos but all these american kids were giving us evils so we 'gave them the slip' and ran off xD

JackBuddy
02-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Go to the games that the hotel organises like bingo etc and get speaking to people, ask where they are from etc etc.

Zuar
02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Just jump in the pool, and swim round... find someone who looks your age and ok. And then go up and say "Hi", and "Where are you from?". And say you want to come the shop or something. And then your friends?

And your bound to find someone...

jesus
02-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I never do - parents are too annoying and I'd rather keep myself to myself when I'm on holiday. :)

Metric.
02-03-2008, 08:39 PM
when I went skiing I made new friends in the hot-tub!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!